“Security & Maintenance” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Jamestown
MPLS
“Security & Maintenance”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The hotel is in horrible shape. None of the outside doors lock, several of the hallways had lights that were burned out. One exit was covered by a large panel board. The pool area had paint pealing from the sides of the pool and hot tub! Overall, I did not feel my family was safe in this hotel with all the workers walking around and the doors that go outside not locking. The management and owner should be ashamed at the lack of pride and security they have shown in maintaining this hotel. If you have a family I WOULD NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tacoma, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

When I first walked into the hotel I did not see anyone at the desk. I hit the page button and waited over 30 min for the bald guy to come out of the office and help me. When I asked him about the ammenities he seemed confused. He didnt know anything about the room he was trying to sell me and he reeked of marijuana.

I was given a single queen room with a broken heater. The blankets smelled like mold, as if they`d been sitting in the washer for a few weeks. The sheets had what appeared to be blood stains on them and the pillows were flat. The floor had not been vacuumed and the room smelled moldy and stale.

In the bathroom, it smelled like strong lysol. The toilet was clean from what I could see but the shower curtain had mold at the bottom and the shower drain was filled with hair. On the bright side, the trash was emptied and I was given clean-ish towels with minimal tears and holes .

They have a bar off the lobby which was great. The staff were very up-beat and friendly and the food was acceptable.

Breakfast was dry but decent.

The pool was nice and clean but no pool towels were available when they opened in the morning. However, the lady at the desk was very quick to provide them when this was brought to her attention.

Overall the front desk associates were nice but a little slow, the hotel was good but the rooms were horrible, the bar was great, and bar food amazing. The general manager was not dressed professionally and was not well groomed. He was also quite a perv.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND STAYING THE NIGHT AT THIS PLACE UNLESS YOU ARE LOOKING TO CATCH SOME RARE DISEASE THAT CAN ONLY BE FOUND HERE.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Ripon, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

When we went to the desk to check in they could not find our reservation that I distinctly remember making.They were completely full so we had to go to the Econolodge down the street which thankfully had an opening since we had travelled over 600 miles for my cousins wedding. Now I open my Visa statement and there is a charge for $104.49 for Quality Inn and Suites for not staying there when we had reservations made. They are going to get a phone call from me and it isn't going to be pleasant.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Lawrenceburg, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

I and my crew stayed at the QI on the south side of I94 while working there for for 2 weeks.

The hotel is nothing really special but it is clean, quite and comfortable. It is within walking distance of a Walmart, and several restaurants. Grizzlies, Perkins, Applebees, and a couple Mexican joints. Contacting the local QI business sales office got a better than published rate that was about 20% cheaper than the other decent places that I checked.

This hotel has a bar that is pretty nice. The bar has a dart board and a few games of chance. The pool looks good but we didn't partake. There is no elevator to the 2nd floor. Although it is a fairly short flight of stairs to the 2nd floor, they look pretty long after a hard days work.

We had several crew members cycle in and out over the 2 weeks and the front desk accommodated the numerous room changes without a problem.

The hotel laundry is pretty limited but we found the Rainbow Laundry / Bundle service just up the road to be decently priced and quick.

The hotel wifi is just OK. Speeds were pretty good thru the mid-day and late at night but early in the mornings and evenings it slows to a crawl. I used my Verizon cell data card most of the time.

If we work in Jamestown again in the future, we will stay at the QI again. I will write reviews on the other business that we frequented as time allows.

Room Tip: If you are a picky traveler, the Hampton inn across the street might be a better choice at a much h...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

Every year I come to Jamestown for the triathlon in june. And last year June 2013 i chose this garbadge kid filled mess. Only thing hood was breakfast. Get a room FAR AWAY from pool, or all you hear is the staff's kids running around slaming dorrs and knocking on guest's.

Room Tip: Second floor, far away from the pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Kenmare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2014

Very friendly and very clean hotel. Nice pool and nice slide with the pool. Perfect temp hot tub. Nice size rooms with cleanliness. The bathrooms were nice and clean. The beds were comfy but the pillows were not. Would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2014 via mobile

Room was updated and clean, comfortable beds, nice TV's, easy on/off expressway access. Seemed to be a popular spot for oil workers and hunters. Dining room was full understaffed - so we didn't dine there. I found the south east end of the building (specifically the parking lot) to be sketchy. For example, none of the exterior lights worked, the outside door did not latch so anyone could get in and out of the building, and the other exterior entrance door simply had a wood board over it.

• Stayed October 2014

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Jamestown? Share your experiences!