“Great stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Jamestown
Saskatchewan
“Great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

We had never stayed at a Quality Inn before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I thought this hotel was great. It was fairly modern, clean, and had large guest rooms. The only downside of the room was there was no fridge, but we were only there one night so wasn't a big deal.

The pool area was great. There was a small waterslide, a separate pool, decent sized hot tube, and a small kiddie fountain for toddlers. Water temperature was good. Unfortunately there was a rowdy adult sports team in the area so it was fairly crowded and we weren't able to fully enjoy the pool. The pool area was well maintained.

Breakfast had a good variety (make your own chocolate waffles were yummy).

The location was handy. Parasdiso Mexican Restaurant (great supper) was right beside the hotel parking lot and a Wal-Mart was close by.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
gm_nd034, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Jamestown, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites of Jamestown, ND

We are very happy to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant one. Comments like these are what we strive to do in making our guests satisfied.

I will certainly be sharing your comments with our staff as it will serve as a well deserved pat on the back.

Thank you again for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites of Jamestown, ND

Matt Stockert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
La Crosse, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Unexpected and Unanticipated Excellence

In my search for a hotel in Jamestown, ND, I came across Quality Inn and Suites. I typically look for several key personal accommodations like ease of access, close to restaurants, and in a safe and clean part of any given city. From that point I look at hotel accommodations and the criteria changes based on whether business or pleasure trip.

My next step is generally to simply book online, but for some reason I choose to call Quality Inn and Suites first. After both parties asking questions, Matt suggested a specific suite. Even though it was upper end, I booked what he suggested would best meet my needs. Well, Matt was correct and the suite was worth every penny I paid.

I had a 2 bed queen suite with nice leather type furniture in the second room. The sleeper couch pulled out with a Name Brand mattress on it which was very comfortable. This room had two recliners, a nice desk, large fully equipped kitchenette, and large plasma TV (both rooms had same large TV’s) as well.

The queen suite room has a very nice bathroom. The shower is a very nice upscale tile type that you would expect in $750k homes. This room also had a second sink to aid in getting many people ready to roll at the same time. And finally, the rooms were clean with no sign of excessive wear on carpets, walls, or ceilings.

Now for the good part, if you are there with the family, this room gives you the space to do it right. Then add the nice swimming pool, warm breakfast choices, and safety and you have found your hotel. Again, this room was worth every penny I paid and exceeded my expectations. Thank you Matt.

Room Tip: Call ahead if you have any concerns about the hotel or area.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Would like to take a minute to say thank you for your nice comments as well as the great marks you gave to us based on your most recent stay with us at the Quality Inn & Suites of Jamestown, ND.

As with any guest we try and strive to meet everyones needs. Sometimes that's easier said than done, but the bottom line is that we take pride in making our guests experience one of a kind.

We hope you consider giving us a call again in the future and we would be more than happy to meet your needs of any kind.

Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We were stranded in Jamestown for 2 days. The front desk girls were so nice and understanding. Held our bags for us just so we didn't have to pay for another room! We swam for awhile and finally got our car back around 5 waaaaaaay after check out. But she said it's not a probably we won't charge you! They really were such nice people. They even had a large wedding going on but I still felt like she took care of me with no rush. They all seem like they work hard to keep the hotel running well and keep customers happy. Some things do really need to be updated but like we all know it takes time. I would stay here again for sure!

Stayed July 2014
We are ever so glad that we could accommodate your needs during your recent 2-day visit with us at the Quality Inn & Suites of Jamestown, ND

Your nice comments will serve as a well deserved pat on the back for our staff members and remind them that this is why we do what do.

Thank you again for choosing us, and don't hesitate to look us up again in the future for your overnight or vacation needs.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is a decent hotel... It's a bit dated and the parking lot is a nightmare. The rooms are very large and nicely furnished aside from the beds. I have a "Q King" which came with a card on it boasting a Good mattress, god sheets, good pillows.." going on to say boast the premium mattress, soft blanket, etc. Here's the thing. Before sitting on the bed you can see that the middle is a good half-foot lower than the top, bottom, or sides. It sags that bad without any weight whatsoever! When you get on it to lay down it gets even worse. There is no support whatsoever. The hotel does nothing do ensure that it is quiet. People yelling, banging things, bumping into walls, etc. all hours of the night and early morning and nothing being done about it. No regard from staff whatsoever that most people come to a hotel to sleep.

The interior is decent, lobby and breakfast area updated. The pool appears to be fun if you like water slides but there is no working hot tub.

Room Tip: Avoid 102 like you would the black plague.... Noisy and the most uncomfortable hotel mattress I have...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
I would like to take a few minutes to thank you for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites of Jamestown, ND.

I apologize for the issue regarding the sagging bed you had in your room. Upon investigating this issue we found and fixed the issue with the box spring. I do apologize for this annoyance.

Your comments regarding the "loudness" and "our staff not dealing with it", I do have to say, I am a bit taken back as when we do host events, we try to ensure the satisfaction of the rest of our clientele won't be burdened by it. From our staff walking the halls, to security walking the halls during these events, we feel we have a leg up on the crowd. Not to say that sometimes things don't do get out of control from time to time and we have to take other professional measures to solve the problem, I feel we do have pretty good control over all situations. I would also, like to apologize as we obviously in your case failed to meet your expectations in this area of your stay. Like I stated above, we do feel in control in most all circumstances.

Please feel free to give me a call direct or simply send me an email as I would like to hear the details of the issues you had during your stay in speaking about the loudness of the hotel. I do like to listen with open ears in an effort to make any necessary changes that are needed in this category as a good nights sleep is a must for anyone.

Again my apologies for failing to exceed your expectations

Best Regards,

Bismarck
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I've stayed there one time, and that will be the case a thousand years from now. The first problem I encountered was they didn't hold my reservation. This was a work visit, so it was essential that I NOT sleep in my car that night. There was a wedding reception going on, and they said there were no available rooms. Armed with my printed confirmation (always have these!), I insisted they either "find" me a room or pay for one elsewhere. I should have just went with the latter option, because it wasn't that great of a stay once they were able to perform a "miracle" and find me a room. Obnoxious jerks roamed the halls and made all sorts of noise all night long and during sleeping hours. I asked the on-duty manager to get control of the situation, but nothing was done. Wedding reception or not, there just shouldn't be so much noise that police have to be summoned to take care of it. If this had been a recreational stay, I would have insisted on having my money returned to me at check-out time. Since this was business, I just put the Quality Inn in my list of North Dakota hotels to avoid in the future.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Sartell, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Stayed on our way home from Medora to MN. Three couples arrived on a Thursday with no reservations. They gave us a good rate, and had rooms close to each other. Rooms were large and clean. No fridge, but nice rooms. It's a large hotel and we were able to park close to our room which was nice for carrying luggage. Hotel has a lounge with specials every evening. We ate supper there. Great food, everyone enjoyed it. The cook even came out to see if we were all satisfied. Breakfast in the morning was average. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
gm_nd034, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Jamestown, responded to this review, July 8, 2014

Quality Inn & Suites Jamestown, ND
701-252-3611
Maryville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

we just stayed here June 30th, one night, on our way to see the Big Buffalo statue. We needed a pet friendly hotel and the $10 one night fee was very reasonable, I used my AAA discount and got another 10% off, so that was good, still around $100. The room was clean and the hotel was fairly quiet until early morning. We ate dinner about 930 pm in the hotel bar the night before, service was pretty slow and the food was just okay. I would pass on eating here The hotel seems to cater to a lot of working crews and it seemed fairly crowded by them. I think the front desk clerk, could have put us in a room a little farther away from the workers, who all got in their trucks at 6am to get going since we couldn't even park close to our room due to all the trucks, but oh well. Breakfast was just average too, coffee, fruit, waffles, etc. The lady working this area was very nice and so was the morning staff, friendly!

Room Tip: Ask to sleep away from the working crews if you see a lot of trucks in the parking lot. They get st...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey with the feedback from your recent stay with us! I have shared your comments with our staff as we do indeed take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and are fortunate to have guests like yourself give us this feedback.

We look forward to providing you an even better and more accommodating service the next time you are in town.

Quality Inn & Suites Jamestown, ND
701-252-3611

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Jamestown? Share your experiences!