“Dedicated staff works hand and foot to serve guests in multi-faceted hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Gladstone Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Gladstone Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Gladstone Inn & Suites
111 Second Street NE, Jamestown, ND 58401-3349   |
Ranked #9 of 10 hotels in Jamestown
Williston, North Dakota
“Dedicated staff works hand and foot to serve guests in multi-faceted hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

I have stayed at the Gladstone Inn & Suites two times. Every time I have been blown away by the professionalism and hospitality of their staff. The first time I hosted my graduation party in a pool-side room; they listened and met every one of my requests for accommodations. The second time was for a conference in town. Because of inclement weather, I ended up staying an extra two days in the hotel. The staff were so helpful and alleviated the stress during this time - they kept my room for me while I was glued to the radar, waiting to see if I could travel yet. I stayed in one of their many themed rooms; the Ocean View suite was such a treat! Some themed rooms at other hotels are "cheesy" as if they're trying too hard. The Gladstone hits it right on the head with their themes and decor. Can't wait to see how the renovation process turns out.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

43 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Jamestown, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

We are local and went to use the pool. Approximately 45 minutes after arriving the maintenance man walks in and accuses me of ripping down a sign that said pool closed and asked me if I could read. I explained to him I did not "rip" the sign down and he didn't believe me and again accused me of taking the sign down. I tried to explain that we paid to get into the pool area, I can read and did not rip down the sign. I also told him he cannot talk to me in this manner and I wanted to talk to a manager. He only then let me know that he was there to clean up glass in the pool (which he seemed mad that he had to do) and again said I shouldn't have ripped down the sign. When the hotel manager arrived, I was livid. She didn't apologize for the man's behavior or the fact that my kids had been swimming in a pool with glass in it for forty-five minutes. As the maintenance man walked down the hallway he again said loudly that I ripped the sign down. Then I yelled "I did not rip your sign down". This was very upsetting to the manager- not the maintenance man's actions-but my yelling that I did not rip the sign down. She was only upset with my outrage over the situation and told me I should not act like that in front of my children. Apparently being bullied by her maintenance man in front of my children was fine. She also let me know that nothing would happen to the maintenance man or to her over the situation even if I contacted owner of the hotel. Unbelievable!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

October 5,2010 stayed one night at the contractor inn. This place is OLD and we where lucky to have the room across from the laundry room / housekeeping 133. The bathroom is OLD, broken, and needs to be remodeled. They service Construction business and it shows. They should be a shamed of them selves for charging 64 and up for rooms. It is never vested in to the business that is for sure! REALLY? I am not sure what the rate is for these guys but it is shocking if it's over 20 bucks a night. I have to say it was sad to feel forced to stay in a hole! We had no other place because of the Contractors in the area. I believe the GLADSTONE needs to shut the doors until they redo the building. UPGRADE ! I wish anyone luck in the stay at the Gladstone. For the price it SUCKS. Nothing good comes with the deal. Have a great night guys!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

We got there after travaling all day. Checked in and asked for a cot. It was delivered right away. Nice lounge and pool area. The pool had a small slide which was nice for little kids. Arcade had 12 things but only 3 worked. Room wasn't the biggest ever but it worked. Poolside room was a plus just the pool closed at 11 so it was a little noisy for a while. You can choose not to have a poolside room also. No breakfast in the morning just a restruant. Overall nice hotel for the price.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2010

I was able to book a room at this hotel for $65 + tax, because my husband could use his business ID to receive the reduced rate. I would never pay the regular price of $90 for a room here! We didn't stay in a suite, but we did have a pool side room. Our kids loved being so close to the pool! The pool had been treated with a chemical (didn't smell like chlorine), and it was like swimming in salt water. The paint on the bottom of the pool was chipping, but the slide was nice. The room appeared to be clean (I always check the sheets, towels, floors, etc.), but when we were ready to leave, I found two shoes under the bed (not ours). It proves housekeeping didn't bother to check under the bed-skirt! The walls are NOT very soundproof. Two men were talking in the room next door, and it sounded like they were in our room. Also, we were awoken at 7:00 am by teenagers using the pool. They turned on the jukebox (right next door to us), and were hollering, and laughing. They were simply enjoying themselves, but it was way too loud for us to sleep. Also, it's a very stupid idea to have a jukebox anywhere close to hotel guest rooms! I might stay here again, simply because our kids loved being close to a pool, and all Jamestown hotels charge ridiculous rates for rooms. Considering that, this rate wasn't too bad. I would request a non-poolside room, and wouldn't pay a penny over $65. Oh, the downtown location was fun. We had coffee at Babb's coffee shop, and it looked as though there were some neat shops just down the street.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Jamestown, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

Several guests were in town for a family wedding. They chose to stay at the Gladstone as it is centrally located in Jamestown. Family and friends all were happy with their stay. The staff is VERY friendly, the location is excellent, and the poolside area is perfect for gathering together a group of people. We were welcome to visit with our guests at poolside in the evenings although we were not registered. This allowed a diverse group of family and friends to gather for several hours and share memories in a quiet and personal setting. Reservations went smoothly and everyone left town happy with their visit. The Gladstone is located in downtown, a short drive to any other location in Jamestown and close to many visitor destinations. The Gladstone is not a brand new venue, but it is comfortable and friendly and we would suggestit again to people coming to town.

• Stayed May 2010
wausau, wi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

We where in Jamestown for a wedding on Valentines Day, with this being the best hotel in town (according to the bride) we were looking forward to our stay. It was nice to be centrally located but the rooms are old and not well maintained. Our desk chair was unusable (fell into pieces when we moved it!) and the desk would have followed if it was not leaning against the wall. Crumbs and other debris in the corners and under the bed ruffles. The room was freezing and took an hour plus to warm up, the heater (one of those combo heater/air conditioner units) was very noisy. Public spaces (hallways etc) were not cleaned during our entire stay (same spilled drink, including glass laying in hallway our whole stay) the entry door by our room took a full body check to open.

Now before I come off as a complainer; I have no problem staying at such hotels if the price is right (a similar condition hotel in St. Paul, Mn cost me $40 a night... in fact they have the same bedding and furniture) but at $90+ a night I felt really cheated.

The bar was active, the people friendly, location was great, pool looked nice, restaurant so so. For a lesser price I would stay here, but at $90 I'll go stay at one of the chain hotels by the interstate.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Gladstone Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!