“Girls Shopping Trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 27 hotels in Grand Forks
Steinbach, Canada
“Girls Shopping Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We had a great time! I was worried about our stay because I had read recent reviews about the pool/hot tub not working. I also read manager's response that it was fixed. Thanks for responding like that. It stopped me from cancelling. The pool was INDEED fixed and working well. The hot tub was HOT! The pools area was comfortable and so was the pool temp. The free breakfast was great! Sausage, french toast, eggs, fruit, yogurt, etc.Yum. Our room was spacious and clean. The king bed was comfy, the Sofa bed was NOT! Springs broken and sagging with a thin, worn out mattress. This was the one disappointment we had during our stay. Overall, happy with service and the hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kayla G, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Grand Forks ND, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Grand Forks Howard Johnson on your recent shopping trip! I have spoke with the appropriate staff to ensure the sofa pull-out bed is up to standard for all of our guests, so this issue does not occur again in the future. I am very pleased you found our waterpark and breakfast facility to be more then satisfactory. We do hope to see you again in the future. -Kayla Goodman

485 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my girlfriend because we are from a neighbouring city and Canada and were flying to California through GFK airport.

The price point is competitive- we paid $60 after tax. However, the pictures on Expedia did not reflect how dirty and run down this place is, not to mention that it looks like a truck car wash- not motel/hotel.

The furniture was about 20 years old and smelled of some musky odour. The sheets on the bed were clean. However, I did not sleep well because I felt uncomfortable just being in the hotel.

If you're a real good sport and want to save money, then staying here one night isn't so bad. For myself however, I'd rather pay 10-30 more for a place I feel comfortable in.

• Stayed February 2012
Kayla G, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Grand Forks ND, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
On behalf of our entire staff please accept our apologies. It's because of feedback like yours that allows us to contuine improving the quality of our amenities and overall appearance. I am pleased our competitive rates exceeded your expecations. If there is anything we can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to call. -Kayla Goodman

Been to Howard Johnson Grand Forks ND? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Grand Forks ND

Address: 1210 North 43rd Street, Grand Forks, ND 58203
Location: United States > North Dakota > Grand Forks
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #25 of 27 hotels in Grand Forks
Hotel Class:3 star — Howard Johnson Grand Forks ND 3*
The Grand Forks Howard Johnson is your destination! Whether it's a weekend or a weekday we are a great getaway! Located just off I-29 and Hwy 2, the Howard Johnson features an indoor water park with a kiddie pool area as well as a 110' slide, complimentary hot continental breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi, a fitness center, game room, complimentary toiletries, complimentary single cup coffee makers in each room, and a bar/lounge area. We also have meeting rooms and ballrooms for all your special occasions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Wyndham, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Howard Johnson Grand Forks ND reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Hotel Grand Forks
Clarion Grand Forks
Clarion Hotel Grand Forks
Holiday Inn Grand Forks
Grand Forks Holiday Inn

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Grand Forks ND, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.