I booked this hotel through Whyndam rewards because of the fact that it had transportation to both the train station and the airport. I was a single woman arriving at the train station at 1:00am. I was informed that the shuttle would be there to pick me up. I called the hotel about 15 minuted from arrival and was assured that the driver would be there waiting. After waiting about 15 minutes, still no bus..called again, reassured that he was on his way... I was now the only person left in the train depot... at 1:45 I called again and she apologized that he had been there and picked up someone else and forgot me but was on his way back.... soon after a clearly marked TAXI showed up..and sat in the parking lot...after a few minutes more I went out and asked him how much it would be to give me a ride to the hotel..... He was my shuttle! Nobody bothered to tell me this whole time that they use taxi services as shuttles during the late hours!
When I finally got to the hotel the girl was nice and "sorry" for the mix up... I confirmed a late check out and shuttle pick up to the airport for the next day. It was after 2:00am when I got to my room.
At 8:30 in the morning I was awoken to the sound of screaming kids and splashing water. I went to my window.... and noticed that she had put me in a room next to the indoor water park.... I turned the t.v on and tried to go back to bed. At 9:00 the maid was knocking on my door, and trying to enter it to clean.... What part of late checkout do they not understand?
I decided to get up and go get coffee...
When I returned to the room I decided to look out my window again and check out the swimming facility. It was then that I noticed the mold on the ceiling around the window!! like growing about three inches out, and four feet long. Upon further notice, there were several areas on the ceiling that had mold, and the curtains had paint overspray on them where they had tried to cover it up by painting it before....
I gathered my stuff, and proceeded to check out...
The manager was not there at the time. The girl that helped was nice and again "sorry" and would make note of it to the manager.....
Next time I will definitely use a different hotel!
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Hotel Grand Forks
- Howard Johnson Hotel
- Clarion Grand Forks
- Clarion Hotel Grand Forks
- Holiday Inn Grand Forks
- Grand Forks Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Forks Howard Johnson is your destination! Whether it's a weekend or a weekday we are a great getaway! Located just off I-29 and Hwy 2, the Howard Johnson features an indoor water park with a kiddie pool area as well as a 110' slide, complimentary hot continental breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi, a fitness center, game room, complimentary toiletries, complimentary single cup coffee makers in each room, and a bar/lounge area. We also have meeting rooms and ballrooms for all your special occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wyndham, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Grand Forks ND reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.