Hotel staff are friendly and helpful.
They appear to be updating the rooms with new tv's, bedding & carpet, but it is an older building so there will be some less than appealing aspects which a picky traveler may have to overlook for the price, (ie. older/colder windows, noisy HVAC).
We didn't have an opportunity to use the pool/waterpark, but everything did look clean and well maintained.
The continental breakfast selection varies by day, but in general they provide a decent selection of food, with the exception of the very weak coffee!.
This property is on the north side of Grand Forks, close to the airport and NDSU campus, but farther away from Columbia Mall and the big box stores.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Hotel Grand Forks
- Howard Johnson Hotel
- Clarion Grand Forks
- Clarion Hotel Grand Forks
- Holiday Inn Grand Forks
- Grand Forks Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Forks Howard Johnson is your destination! Whether it's a weekend or a weekday we are a great getaway! Located just off I-29 and Hwy 2, the Howard Johnson features an indoor water park with a kiddie pool area as well as a 110' slide, complimentary hot continental breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi, a fitness center, game room, complimentary toiletries, complimentary single cup coffee makers in each room, and a bar/lounge area. We also have meeting rooms and ballrooms for all your special occasions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Wyndham, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Howard Johnson Grand Forks ND reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.