Overall I had a good experience staying in this hotel at Grand Forks.
I was on my way - all the way from Winnipeg- to visit Mall of America, but kids drove me nuts and I decided to crash for the night. I knew about this place from a friend.
Guesthouse is one of those hotels that age slowly but gracefully. The name is a bit confusing. Is it Guesthouse or Townhouse or both? When I asked for directions locals seemed to know where Townhouse was but nobody recognized Guesthouse.
Large rooms and comfortable beds... With 2 kids this is very important. Our room was a little bit dated but spotlessly clean and the wifi worked well for me. Kids had a great time playing indoor golf and swimming in the huge pool. The pool itself is a part of the indoor atrium that has sauna, 2 heated pools and a game arcade which we never used.
Adjacent to the hotel there is a full service restaurant-lounge that serves steaks, pizza, snacks, beer and other menu items. Pizza was excellent but we had to wait for it more than I liked.
-This is not a brand new place. Looking for 5 star hotel? this is not it.
-Slow service in the restaurant
-It was busy that Friday evening . They had a wedding reception with lots of guests which I didn't care for.
Overall , for what they charged me , it was excellent value. I would recommend it to anyone on a budget who needs a decent, clean and safe room in Grand Forks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The pet-friendly, family-friendly Red Roof Inn TownHouse - Grand Forks is located in downtown Grand Forks, ND with easy access to all that Grand Forks has to offer! Grand Forks business, entertainment, shopping & dining districts are all within walking distance to the hotel, including the Empire Arts Center, Cabela's Shopping, and River Cinema. Other nearby attractions include the University of North Dakota, Ralph Englestad Area, Alerus Center and the Grand Forks Air Force Base. The non-smoking Red Roof Inn TownHouse - Grand Forks boasts a large atrium featuring an indoor heated pool & hot tub, miniature golf course! The hotel offers a business center, meeting facilities, nearby gym access, free coffeehouse style coffee and tea in the lobby and an on-site, full service restaurant and bar offering American cuisine favorites for breakfast, lunch and dinner. All guest rooms offer free WiFi, 39" Flat-Screen TV, hairdryer and in-room coffee. Select rooms offer a microwave & refrigerator. One well behaved family pet is welcome. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Red Roof Inn, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Red Roof Inn TownHouse - Grand Forks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guesthouse International Inn - Grand Forks Hotel Grand Forks
- Hotel International Grand Forks