“Decent Hotel in Grand Forks” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn TownHouse - Grand Forks

You added Red Roof Inn TownHouse - Grand Forks to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn TownHouse - Grand Forks
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   710 1st Ave N, I-29 at Exits 140/138 Dimers, Grand Forks, ND 58203 (Formerly GuestHouse TownHouse Hotel Grand Forks)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
“Decent Hotel in Grand Forks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Overall I had a good experience staying in this hotel at Grand Forks.

I was on my way - all the way from Winnipeg- to visit Mall of America, but kids drove me nuts and I decided to crash for the night. I knew about this place from a friend.

Guesthouse is one of those hotels that age slowly but gracefully. The name is a bit confusing. Is it Guesthouse or Townhouse or both? When I asked for directions locals seemed to know where Townhouse was but nobody recognized Guesthouse.

Pros:
Large rooms and comfortable beds... With 2 kids this is very important. Our room was a little bit dated but spotlessly clean and the wifi worked well for me. Kids had a great time playing indoor golf and swimming in the huge pool. The pool itself is a part of the indoor atrium that has sauna, 2 heated pools and a game arcade which we never used.

Adjacent to the hotel there is a full service restaurant-lounge that serves steaks, pizza, snacks, beer and other menu items. Pizza was excellent but we had to wait for it more than I liked.

Cons:

-This is not a brand new place. Looking for 5 star hotel? this is not it.
-Slow service in the restaurant
-It was busy that Friday evening . They had a wedding reception with lots of guests which I didn't care for.

Overall , for what they charged me , it was excellent value. I would recommend it to anyone on a budget who needs a decent, clean and safe room in Grand Forks.

Room Tip: If you want a peace and quiet ask for a room away from a swimming pool.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
aaird-gh, General Manager at Red Roof Inn TownHouse - Grand Forks, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I appreciate the good things you had to say, as well as the areas in which we could improve. As you mentioned, we are not brand new. However, we are under new ownership and we are excited to say we have great plans in place for new updates and improvements. You will have to stay again and check us out.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are decent with the exception of the ancient heater/ac unit. I opens the door and you can see some pipes and valves. They were leaking or sweating a small amount of water, enough to just stay moist and grow mold! After checking in, I went to dr c... There was puke on the stairs! Eww! I tried to call the front desk, there was no answer. Then I rembered him complaining of needing a cigarette. Pool are looks fun and there is a bar, if that's your thing. Overall it's a decent place.

• Stayed May 2013
aaird-gh, General Manager at Red Roof Inn TownHouse - Grand Forks, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. I appreciate you thought we were fair and you are right the pool area is fun! I did want to let you know, the clerk that checked you in did clean up the stair case area. We were unable to carpet clean it until a more reasonable time of day, but everything was taken care of. Thank you, again. -Annette
Prior Lake, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The room that we were suppose to be in had 2 very large stains on the floor. We asked for a different room and they gave us a different one. Everything seemed to be falling apart in the hotel and very dirty. We asked for extra pillows and they did not have any. The coffee pot in the room did not have a carafe for it. Very disappointed for the price we paid! Other family in other rooms had dirty diapers under the bed, and used plastic forks on the floor. Disgusting!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your response. I would like to apologize for the condition of your rooms. We do make every effort to make sure our guests are happy and are always trying make things better for each guest. Currently, We have plans in place to replace a few of the carpets that are less than standard, as well as several updates in the upcoming year. You'll have to check us out. -Annette
Winnipeg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Staff were not really into customer service based on their initial greeting. Parking lot stalls were extremely small many vehicles parked close or double parked. We had a room on the 1st fl facing the pool and it was extremely loud with the echo and the mini golf right outside your door. The walls are so thin. We had a kid next door to Us throwing a trantrum at midnight and it was like they were screaming in your own room. With that and the stragglers coming back in the early AM chatting it up in the pool area we barely slept having to be up in the early morning to get a head start.

We Pricelined this hotel last minute.

The place is a bit dated beds are really bouncy and uncomfortable, towels were stained, shower had no pressure, the hot and cold tap directions on the knob was reversed...this place needs a lot of work.

Plus side price was good. Away from the mall if you want to get away.

Would be better suited for families as I see how it would be convenient to have the pool facing room with the kids. Kids would probably enjoy this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I want to apologize for your lack up sleep, due to the noise in the atrium area. We make every attempt to make sure we curtail as much of the noise as possible, but it would seem in this case, we failed. I would also like to let you know we have taken care of the maintenance issues you mentioned and even more exciting we are getting ready to do several upgrades of the hotel. Perhaps you'll get a chance to come back and check us out. Once again, thank you for your comments. -Annette
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I got this hotel on priceline and admit I had some anxiety about it, but I was very pleasantly surprised upon check-in. The service was friendly and the rooms were clean, which is really all we were looking for considering we didn't plan to spend much time in the room. Great location- close to the university and walking distance to some downtown hang-outs. Knocked off one point for some rather dirty carpeting on the stairs that could use some attention.

Room Tip: Perhaps if you have children you wouldn't mind the day noise coming from the pool, but I was gra...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
aaird-gh, General Manager at Red Roof Inn TownHouse - Grand Forks, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Thank you for your review. It sounds like you were able to enjoy all the benefits of being at our downtown location. You will find if you are able to come back in the summer there is even more to do! Thank you, again. -Annette
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Travelled here in March of 2013. Stayed overnight. Place is dated, but clean. Beds were very springy.

Daughter loved the pool and the hot tub was actually piping hot. Ahhhhhh! Didn't have time to try out the mini golf but seemed like the kids there were having a good time.

The only thing is that the place can be noisy, especially if you're near the pool. The sound echoes throughout the building. I wouldn't recommend this place if you're on business, but it's a fun place to bring the kids.

Outstanding front desk staff, very helpful and accomodating. Located right next to downtown Grand Forks, and is two minutes away from East Grand Forks. Nice area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
aaird-gh, General Manager at Red Roof Inn TownHouse - Grand Forks, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for posting your reply on Trip Advisor. I was happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. And, a big thank you, on behalf of my desk staff. -Annette
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here several times on business. The decor and furnishings are definitely quite outdated, but the place seemed to be kept up and clean. The rooms have old tvs and do not have a fridge or microwave.
Location its right downtown and within walking distance to several eateries and clubs and the riverfront park. Cabellas its also only a few blocks away.
The pool, which I did not try out, seemed clean and was in big open area with the lobby.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Red Roof Inn TownHouse - Grand Forks? Share your experiences!