Just returned home from a stay at this hotel - BIG disappointment. We had stayed here 3 years ago and its plain to see there has been a change of ownership - what was a slightly dated but very clean hotel with comfortable beds and amazing service has become very dated with no upkeep - an a/c unit that was labouring to keep the temperature below 73 degrees in our room' - a VERY dirty room and hallways: we found not one but two baby soothers on the floor of our room as well as chips and ?crumbs, open milk in the fridge and a gel pak for someones shoe was left in the freezer! A pack-a-way crib that was used by the previous guest(s) was left in the hallway outside our room for 2 days. The pool was so dirty you couldn't see the bottom and hadn't been treated for days if not at least a week. Our floor and wall lamps did not work properly and we had very poor tv reception?? The "Pool is Closed" signs were left up at all pool accesses until I asked the front desk why the pool was closed at 1:00 in the afternoon and was advised someone had forgotten to open the pool at 8:00 a.m.?? Coffee is available for free in the lobby but it was so weak it looked and tasted like someone was trying to get a second pot from the same grounds.
The good news is that the beds are still comfortable and the staff I encountered were very friendly .
Sorry folks I'll be staying somewhere else next time - I have already made my reservation.
- Also Known As:
- Guesthouse International Inn - Grand Forks Hotel
- Guesthouse International Inn - Grand Forks Hotel Grand Forks
- Hotel International Grand Forks
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The GuestHouse TownHouse Hotel is located in the Grand Forks, downtown area near business, dining and entertainment districts and just minutes from the University of North Dakota and the Ralph Engelstad Arena. Our hotel in Grand Forks features interior corridors, mini fridges in rooms, our full service restaurant the Muddy Rivers Bar and Grill. When seeking comfortable and convenient hotels near University of North Dakota, consider our onsite amenities, which include a large indoor heated swimming pool, whirlpool and even onsite mini-golf course. Top Hotel Features and Services •Full Service Restaurant and Lounge•Meeting Space Available•Business Center•Cable TV with Movie Channels•Copy and Fax Service•Free USA Today•Free Wireless High-Speed Internet Access•Interior Corridor •Mini Fridge in RoomsQuick Area Guide •University of North Dakota (UND) (About 1 mi from hotel.)•Ralph Engelstad (About 1 mi from hotel.)•Columbia Mall (About 3.5 mi from hotel.)•Altru Hospital (About 2.5 mi from hotel.)•Grand Forks Air Force Base (About 7 mi from hotel.)•Grand Forks Speedway (About 1 mi from hotel.)•Grand Forks Greenway (About 0.5 mi from hotel.)•Mark Andrew International Airport (About 4 mi from hotel.)•Grand Forks Industrial Park (About 3 mi from hotel.)•Northland Community and Technical College (About 3 mi from hotel.) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your GuestHouse TownHouse Hotel Grand Forks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.