“Great for kids too.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ground Round Restaurant

Ground Round Restaurant
2800 32nd Avenue South, Inside The Columbial Mall Parking Lot, Grand Forks, ND 58201
701-775-4646
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ground Round Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 143 Restaurants in Grand Forks
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Pasta, Family Fare
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Columbia Road South
Transit: Grand Forks Taxi makes several stops a day here. For those who walk on the wild side, there is a bus stop at the Columbia Mall
Description: The Grand Forks Ground RoundR Grill & Bar is a good time meeting place where family and friends can gather to enjoy a wide selection of great food and drinks!
Winnipeg, Canada
“Great for kids too.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our grandchildren enjoyed the free popcorn, we did too. The classic clubhouse was great, and reasonable. Good soup and sandwich. Large drinks, although a bit pricey on the soft drinks.

Visited July 2013

“Gross! Greasy! Waste Of Time!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Tuesday night (late in the evening) and this restaurant was recommended! We walked in and told the receptionist how many people were in our party, she was ready then kept on being stopped! Once sat, we were greater by popcorn and a waitress awaiting us (this waitress didn't really help us, nor have work ethic! I ordered the Tuscan pasta and I read over reviews and got the same result on this pasta! The pasta was drenched in olive oil and there were shells still on the shrimp! I didn't even finish this meal! Would not return! The pasta would be better removed from the menu!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
GFgroundRound, Owner at Ground Round Restaurant, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback from your experience at The Grand Forks Ground Round. Needless to say, we are saddened to hear that it wasn't an overall enjoyable experience. We take these reviews very seriously, and we use all reviews, both positive and negative, as training tools and learning experiences for our team. I'd like to personally apologize for the fact that you didn't enjoy your food. We take a lot of pride in what we do and what we serve at Ground Round. We use only the freshest available ingredients, and everything is made from scratch in our kitchen. But, we're not perfect, and we do make mistakes. However, when that happens, we do whatever we can to fix the problem. Hopefully you informed a manager how you felt about the food so we were able to correct the issue, or at least make sure you didn't pay for something that didn't meet your, or our, standards.

It's tough to find a silver lining in a one-star review, but I'm glad to have seen your comments so I can discuss your experience with my management team at our weekly meeting; to make our operation better.

I would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you at your earliest convenience. You can either call the restaurant or e-mail me at matt@gfgroundround.com. Again, thanks for taking the time to write a review.

Matt Walkowiak
Owner
“Not worth it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Terrible server, ditzy hostess. Our food was the only decent thing and even then the appetizer had no flavor, got the triple w potato skins. One of us had steak. It was alright.
The other had Tuscan pasta in white sauce. Tasted okay first few bites then got a bit gross. Been to other ground rounds. Bar was and usually is good, but this one needs to work on their service.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your feedback, and I'm truly sorry that you had a less than desirable experience at The Grand Forks Ground Round. Although we pride ourselves on offering top quality food and beverages at reasonable prices, we also understand that we will make mistakes at times. Your experience was obviously one of those times when we were unable to meet the standards set both by ourselves and by our customers. I'm not going to make any excuses. I would like to again apologize, and hope that you contacted a manager during your visit because we never expect our customers to pay for something that doesn't meet their expectations, or doesn't live up to our standards. We would love it if you would come back and give us another chance, and I would be happy to provide you with a gift certificate to enjoy your meals on us. I would also like to know who your server was so that I can share your experience with them. Please contact me at the restaurant or feel free to send me an e-mail at matt@gfgroundround.com. Again, thank you for your feedback. It is customer feedback like yours that gives us the opportunity to improve.

Matt Walkowiak
Owner
Winnipeg, Canada
“Enjoyed our visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We were travelling in ND last week and ate dinner here with our family of children and grandchildren. We had a delicious meal. I had their chicken cranberry walnut salad which was accurately portrayed in their menu. The menu is varied and there is something for everyone. The restaurant was clean and the atmosphere warm. The service was a bit slow considering the restaurant was not full. I would eat here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Really Enjoyed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Always make a point to go here when in Grand Forks, and always are satisfied. Our lunch menu did not have steak which is what we wanted, the waitress gladly brought us the menu we desired. The food was good, the service was great and we found the price reasonable. We have never been disappointed when dining here. In our opinion a great place to eat.

• Visited June 2013