“Quiet Lunch!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 143 Restaurants in Grand Forks
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Quiet Lunch!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I have been to Joe Black's in the evening when you can't find a place to sit, but July 4th My wife and I walked from the downtown events to Joe Blacks for a quiet lunch, they had outside seating but I preferred to sit inside. It was surprisingly quiet, with many places to sit. The waiter was very quick to wait on us and offered the drink specials and lunch specials. We both ordered the same drink special and We decided to split a meal of the shrimp special and we also added a bowl of the french onion soup. The drinks came out quickly. The waiter also brought 2 plates to help us with sharing our meal. The shrimp came out with fries and the soup, I especially liked the french onion soup which was very ample and had lots of cheese topping which I always hope for but rarely get. Perhaps the best french onion soup I have had in a long time. The shrimp was well prepared in that they fried just the meaty part and didn't waste breading or frying on the tail part that I don't eat, Good Cross-cut fries, We each were satisfied with our share. One of the best lunches in recent memory. $20 covered our meal and the tip. Near the end of our lunch, another local reviewer of local restaurants, arrived, and we shall see what her opinion is.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Winnipeg, Canada
“Great Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We were taking a short break during "our" shopping trip! And decided to try something away from all the congestion of the shopping malls. Very pleasant surprise - hospitality was warm and inviting, waiter was friendly and helpful and food was very good.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
East Grand Forks, Minnesota
“Meet.. Me at.. Joe Black's!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

My wife and I have lunch at Joe's at least once a month. They have recently done some remodeling and it really is beautiful for a bar. The first thing you notice when entering Joe's is that it is extremely clean and smells clean, which we appreciate. There are plenty of large windows letting in generous amounts of sun shine so you don't get that dark bar feeling. They always have a nice lunch special and the portions are more than plenty and very tasty! The only down side is that I don't recommend eating at Joe's if you have a tight schedule for lunch. The service is good but after placing your order you should expect to wait fifteen to twenty minutes for the food to arrive. But it is worth the wait!

• Visited December 2013