“Delicious food and cocktails” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #61 of 129 Restaurants in Grand Forks
Cuisines: Gastropub
“Delicious food and cocktails”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I highly recommend Brick and Barley for the atomosphere, drinks and food. I myself am not a beer drinker but the food is always delicious I haven't had a bad meal yet and the staff is always friendly. It's one of the best places to go for drinks good food and good conversation.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Warroad, MN USA
“The food was good, but the beer...superlative!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Our first time to this place and we weren't disappointed. The food was good...my husband had the french dip which had steak points, cheese and peppers rather than the tired old shaved beef most often used and since it was Happy Hour and appetizers were half-price, I had the Macaroni Bites and the Walleye Fingers. The Macaroni Bites were OK, but the Walleye Fingers are a must-have...especially with the wasabi dip provided (which tasted more like curry than wasabi, but that in my estimation is a good thing!). The best part for me though, was the beer I chose (out of 48 taps available!): Whychwood Hobgoblin...a red English ale. If I could find that anywhere nearby, I would stock up! However, we live 130 miles from Grand Forks...and maybe that's a good thing! You can buy growlers to take home, but we were unable to do that the day we came. All in all, still a bit of a college-hangout type place, but the food and the beer will bring us back for a return visit. Also, the waiter was competent, friendly and eager-to-please.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Kind of disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We decided to stop in and try this new restaurant for dinner and were sorely disappointed. The space of the restaurant is large and spacious and there is a large selection of beers on tap. However, the food was mediocre at best. We ordered the wings as an appetizer with Asian fire sauce. The wings were hot in temperature but were small in size and lacked flavor. The sauce wasn't spicy but was still good. I ordered the crab salad, which was really a ceviche type of crab/shrimp on top of lettuce. Interesting, but not was I was expecting. My husband had the philly cheesesteak with a side of the Brick & Barley salad. The meat in the philly was really overcooked and the salad was a bland mixture of barley and red cabbage. In total, our bill came to about $37 (also included one beer). Our server Lindsay was friendly and attentive. But if you are looking for a really great meal, definitely look elsewhere.

• Visited September 2013