“Fun Atmosphere & Very Good Food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 143 Restaurants in Grand Forks
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Fun Atmosphere & Very Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I had recently family visitors and treated them to a meal at Fuji's. We sat at the grill and enjoyed the chef preparing the meal in front of us, interjecting some fancy utensil work and one-line jokes. The amount of food is more than enough, although the rice and noodles are ready and served prior to the meats, with the vegetables coming last, so it feels like you are eating different courses instead of one large course. My wife and I have been here before, so the chef routine is very familiar (including the one-line jokes), but for newcomers, the food and fun atmosphere is well worth the visit.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Winnipeg, Canada
“Dinner and a Show !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We took our 11 year old grandson to have dinner with us at Fuji's.
You can order off their menu or be seated around a grill and have a chef cook for you. We opted for the grill. We ordered some salmon sushi for an appetizer. It was well prepared and came with appropriate condiments.
While we waited for our chef to arrive, we were served a mushroom consommé and then a light salad. They are included in the price of your meal.
Our chef put on a great show for us with some knife tossing and rhythmic knife clanging. Our grandson got big kick out of the onion volcano that had flames shooting out and then a long column of smoke. Our chef Yu tossed some chopped veggies into the air for guests to try and capture in their mouths as well as a stream of sake if you wanted to have a try at catching that too. We tried the veggies and succeeded. No one at our table tried for the sake. The fried rice was just delicious. We did not order the noodles but wished we had when we saw them prepared for people near us.
We ordered different meats...scallops, shrimp and steak. All were prepared to order and the portion size was not stingy. The accompanying veggies were also good and still had a bit of snap to them so their distinct flavours came through.
We thoroughly enjoyed our evening there and felt the prices were fair for what really is a dinner and a show. Service was attentive and always came with a big smile.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Impressive and Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My friend and I had lunch here last week....we ordered off of the box lunch menu....she had shrimp tempura and I ordered chicken terriyaki. Our food was fantastic! She had 3 huge stick of shrimp and tempura vegetables as well....my chicken was tender and flavored just right ( not too salty ). Included with the meal was a cup of soup, a small lettuce salad, a spring roll, fried rice, and everything in good-sized portions. I took half of mine home! My new favorite place for lunch under $10!

Visited February 2013
“Ok food. So-so service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Nice enough place, but nothing amazing for the prices. It was not overly busy, but the service was pretty slow. Our server also had quite a bit of troulbe getting understanding our order, but once she did al was well.

We would go there again, but wouldn't necessarily go out of our way to get there :)

Visited February 2013
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Wonderful surprise in the Grand Forks area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

From the outside, it's not a great atmosphere but that all changes once you get inside. The seating is cozy. The lighting is low and I was able to relax and enjoy my lunch.
My friend and I both had a sushi roll and it was excellent! I'm not great with chopsticks. The only improvement I would suggest is to have a 'how to' pictorial for those of use trying to master the chopsticks. The lunch sushi menu isn't as good as their regular sushi menu.
The staff was friendly and helpful. They kept our glasses full, asked how our food was and left us alone to visit. They weren't obtrusive but we didn't feel neglected, either.
The hibachi grill table is even more fun, if you have some extra time. The cooks are entertaining and if you want to have fun, you definitely will.
This place is a wonderful surprise in the Grand Forks area.

• Visited December 2012