“Good Value” 4 of 5 stars

Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #16 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
“Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have stayed at Americas Best Value Inn quite a few times. The rooms were clean. The breakfast was ok. The staff is always friendly and will assist you with any problems or questions. There is free internet access and also a computer to use in the lobby. If one needs to print a page a small is charged. Also a fax machine is avaiable for a small charge.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hailey P, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Grand Forks, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Marie Z,
I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time out of your day to leave us your feedback! We do take pride in being the Number One budget hotel in the Grand Forks area. We strive to not only be the cleanliest but friendliest hotel at a price that wont break the bank! If you're not already apart of the 11th night free program on your next stay with us make sure to ask the Front Desk on becoming a member! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Warm Wishes,
Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed here for two nights at the beginning of September. Had a great time, the hotel was clean and quiet. We mentioned a light bulb was burnt out and they were there to change it within 5 minutes, even though we said it was fine to do anytime. The breakfast was good, had space for us to sit and have breakfast. We had a very relaxing getaway to Grand Forks just the 2 of us without the kids and this hotel served us perfectly. We will be staying here again on our next getaway without the children!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hailey P, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Grand Forks, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Karen E,
I'd like to start off by thanking you for taking the time out of your day leave us your positive feedback! It is always good to hear that the Front Desk is on top of everything and making sure we're leaving a good impression. It is our mission to be the cleanliest, friendliest hotel in the Greater Grand Forks Area. Have you heard about our 11th night free program yet? If not on your next stay with us make sure you ask the front desk on how to become a member. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Devils Lake, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stay at America's Best Value Inn with my daughter when she has doctor appointments in Grand Forks. I do like that we can usually get our normal room when we stay, however in the past few visits we have had issues with rooms that we have gotten that were not our normal room. I know one side of the pet building we can't stay in because it still reaks of cigarette smoke from before they were a 100% non smoking hotel. Doesn't matter how much cleaning or painting they do.... it stinks to high heaven and my daughter is allergic to cigarette smoke.

My daughter usually talks with the general manager when there are issues and she is really good at taking care of any issues we have.

I do really like the atmosphere of the hotel. I like that I am able to bring my dogs with me (don't like that the pet fee was raised). The breakfast could be better. The location is very convenient, right on 42nd.

I will say that they were very nice about a late check out on a day when I was getting my car fix. it was a hot day and I had nothing to do with my dogs. The car was supposed to be done the day before but they couldn't get the part in. the General Manager gave us a late check out so we didn't have to worry.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear MarieLBryant,
Thank you for taking to leave us your feedback! We strive in being the number one value hotel in the Grand Forks area.We are doing renovations in the old smoking building to make it just like new since we've switched over to 100% non smoking. We have been painting, replacing all beds in the rooms, the carpet just making a whole new room for our guests to stay in as if it has always been smoke free. We're glad that you and your daughter are such loyal guests with always staying with us on your visits to town. We look forward to seeing you in future stays!

Warm Regard,
Front Desk Manager
Grand Forks, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

So... I stay at this hotel quite a bit but it seems the last few times I have been there the customer service has not been that great. However, the GM is always very good at handling issues and making me feel better about my stay.

The last time I was there... I had to switch rooms twice because one room had animal hair all over it and the second room had an AC that didn't work (even on the highest level of cold... it was blowing hot). Thankfully, they were able to get me into the room that I normally stay in and the rest of the visit was good.

The only other thing I have a bit of an issue with is that it seems that when I make reservations with one certain employee (who had a giant attitude with me once) my reservation always gets lost. I aways call days before I am supposed to be there and have to make my reservation again

Room Tip: If you have a problem with your room... let the service desk know right away. They will let you cha...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear StephanieLB1984,
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to go ahead and give us your feedback. It is reviews like yours that keeps us on your toes, so that we can improve our property on a constant basis. We appreciate your loyalty with us. We've got renovations going on that I am sure will please you in the future. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Warm Wishes,
Selkirk, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and I stopped in Grand Forks to some shopping on our final day of our holidays. Shopping took a little longer than anticipated and there was a weather warning for the area. We decided to check for a hotel hoping there would be some availability as it was the September long weekend. We booked through Hotwire off the Internet on my phone. It gave us Americas Best Value Inn which we had not heard of in all our trips to Grand Forks. We drove to the Motel which is north of the main shopping area and close to the University and the Alerus Center that holds a wide arrange of events. The first thing we noticed when we walked in was the Trip Advisor certificate and the AAA award. The staff were very friendly and efficient. We had only booked it minutes earlier, but they had our reservation when we arrived.
We went to check the room before bringing in our bags. We were pleasantly surprised. The room was large and clean. The bed was comfortable. There was a microwave and refrigerator.
My wife thought we may need an extra blanket and was given two when she went to the reception. We had a good nights sleep.
The breakfast had a limited selection with a lot of carbs. They had complimentary local newspapers.
The parking lot is quite large and also has an area for RVs, buses, large trucks, etc.
We would have no problem staying here again or recommending it to others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hailey P, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Grand Forks, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Tom7787,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your positive feedback! We appreciate you coming on here and saying how great your stay was. I'm glad that we were able to meet all of your expectations. We know there is many hotels in town to choose from and we're certainly glad you chose this one! Make sure on your next visit you inquire about our 11th Night Free Program. Hope to see you again soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stay at Americas Best Value Inn in Grand Forks every time we visit North Dakota, which is about 3-4 times a year. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff are friendly and helpful and the breakfast is good. The breakfast offerings are replenished as needed and the room is kept very clean. We like the fact that the rooms are on ground level so that no one can disturb you from above. It is very quiet at night. We have already recommended this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sharon T,
I'd like to start off by thanking you for taking the time out of your day to give us your positive feedback! We truly appreciate your loyalty to Americas Best Value Inn with choosing us on all your visits to town. It is our mission to not only be the friendliest hotel in town but to be the cleanliest as well as providing you with the best rates! I'm glad to hear that we meet your expectations every time you stay and I certainly look forward to seeing you again soon!

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Clean, helpfully staffed with a few extras this motel is a welcome oasis of moderation in a sea of over priced mega chains that abound in the northern tier of this country. From the cheerful greeting to the helpful staff and breakfast room this value priced inn is a keeper.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Hailey P, Front Office Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Grand Forks, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Bradford7050,
Thank you so much for taking a second to give us your positive feedback! I'm glad you had a pleasant stay at Americas Best Value Inn, it is our goal to be the friendliest, cleanliest hotel in the Greater Grand Forks area with great affordable rates. Are you a member of our 11th night free program, if not on your next visit ask the front desk on how to become one. We're looking forward to seeing you again!

Front Office Manager

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Grand Forks? Share your experiences!