“Loved it” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Grand Forks
Chicago
“Loved it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2008

I went up to visit some friends and arrived earlier than anticipated about 12:30pm and check-in wasn't until 3pm. The front desk staff was super friendly and were able to get me into my room right away. I was in a King room and it was very clean and spacious with a nice recliner to relax in. It had a fridge, microwave and large television. All was great and my overall stay was above average and I would recommend this hotel to all.

• Liked — Fridge and microwave in room
  • Disliked — they have internet access but not woreless for the rooms
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
teckgeek
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2008

My family and I stayed here May long weekend 2007. we come once or twice a year to shop!! we stayed 3 days 2 nights. the cost is very reasonable, very clean room, the staff at the front desk was great! very very friendly, they serve breakfast (coffee, juice, toast etc..) overall nice place, friendly staff, very quiet. the location is good, its about 10 minutes away from most shopping places (columbia mall, target etc..)

some dislikes i had were .. the room had a clorene type smell, it wasent too bad but could notice it..the beds are 4.5/10, the space in the room was decent. they didn't have a Microwave in the room which was a minus for us because we had little one with us, and it would of been nice to heat up some food for him. however, there was one in the main area that you could use at any time. I usually like staying places where there are alot of people, just for the fact of safety etc..if this place isnt full it dose get kinda spooky at night..

I would stay here again because of the cost, as for our 2008 visit we will be trying elsewhere...:)

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
johnstevens7322
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2007

I stayed at this Motel while in Grand Forks on business. I checked in at about 7pm and found the front desk staff very friendly. The motel is very clean and i recommend it to anyone who wants to stay at a very clean motel while in the Grand Forks area.

Stayed September 2007
sask.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2007

We stayed one night while passing through on holidays. When we reviewed our credit card statement we realized we had been charged an extra $100.00. We called to find out why. They told us we had burned a hole in the bedspread. We had requested a no smoking room as we do not smoke. We talked to the manager but he would not believe that we did not do it. We are so frustated as there is nothing we can do. It is their word against ours, they have our credit card #. Take my advice and avoid the hastle and stay away.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — Got charged 100.00 for a bedspread we didn't burn in a no smoking room.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2007

This is more of a motel than a hotel.

The room had that strange musty old-hotel-room stench to it when we walked in. It wasn't dirty per se, but you can only imagine what Dateline would find in there. We turned on the light and it flickered so badly I thought I was going to have a seizure. So as far as first impressions went, not so hot.

The toilet seemed to gurgle uncontrolably anytime someone in the building flushed. We had to turn the water valve off at the back, just to get to sleep.

And once we did that, a train went right past the building.

I'm not a picky traveller by any stretch, but based on the reviews I'd read here, I expected something cleaner and quieter than what we got. No catastrophes, but I won't be staying there again.

• Liked — at least the price was ok
  • Disliked — could have done a whole lot better anywhere else
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2006

Very good value. Simple rooms, but property is very well-maintained and clean. That is all I ask in a motel. No frills, but it is perfect for a salesman like myself. Good staff.

• Stayed July 2006
Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2006

We needed a simple overnight room while passing through Grand Forks, ND. There are several Budget type hotels located at the intersection of I 29 Exit 141 and Highway 2 (Gateway Drive) We chose America's Best Value Inn. Their sign advertised a single room on a Fri night for $39.99 Doubles were $43.00 They quickly honoured our discount coupon for 15% obtained from the local tourist info booth.

Room is very clean, adequate, but definitely "no frills" Sink is in the room. The bathroom is tiny but very clean. Surprising there are no towel racks in either the bathroom nor the main room.. Extras such as kleenex or a blowdryer are not provided. Room is quiet. Bed is extremely comfortable. I thought there weren't many guests in the motel but was surprised to discover that there were quite a few.. One extra surprise, there was a frig in the room!! Full array of TV channels, internet connection in room available using a "bridge" obtained from the front desk. There is also a computer available for use in the lounge area. Coin laundry available on site. Free local newspaper was delivered to our room in the morning.,

Continental Breakfast was very simple, toast, English muffins, coffee, and 2 juices. A small room off the lounge area is nicely set up with tables to eat breakfast.
All in all this motel is perfectly adequate for a quick overnight stop

• Stayed May 2006

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Grand Forks? Share your experiences!