“Pretty good hilton garden” 4 of 5 stars

Airport Parking Deal
Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
“Pretty good hilton garden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was a pretty good Hilton Garden. The staff was friendly and helpful and my room and the lobby was very clean. The pantry had a little better beer selection than what is usually available at Hilton Gardens, but alas no spicy kettle chips; must be an up north thing.

Breakfast was about average. If you arent a Gold or Diamond member with free breakfast coupons, I would skip it and go to a restaurant for better food at half the price. I only ate dinner once. The menu was the typical Hilton "American Grill" . Prices are a good 20% higher than an off site restaurant without an increase in quality. Again, no spicy food :(

Location isnt that great. I guess it would be good if you had business at the university as it is located right on campus. There aren't any restaurants or other businesses within walking distances. The airport is only a few minutes drive away.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Gilberts, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

When I am in Grand Forks North Dakota this is my go to destination. Impressed by the staffs helpfulness, friendliness and the welcome I received, I mark this as the place to stay in Grand Forks. I highly recommend this property to anyone visiting Grand Forks for any reason, business or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Maple Ridge, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

From the nicely decor lobby to my room was a great surprise, well kept hotel and greatly staffed. Good location, specially if you are doing business at UND. Breakfast Bar was average, but evening bar service and food was above par for this type of hotel. Fitness center was good, but pool and hot tub area a little small. One bonus.. they have their own laundry facility.

North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn was clean, the beds were comfortable and the staff courteous. I had an early flight out the next day and stayed here since the weather was questionable. The next morning it was storming out and the flights were not cancelled (until much later). I fought weather on my way to the airport and when my flight was cancelled I went back to the Hilton Garden Inn and went back to my room. The front desk staff was very accommodating. There is a breakfast area where you can order all you want for 10.00 which was a great bonus due to the weather. I tried to make a reservation for a second night in case my flight did not go, but the place was full. The front desk staff was willing to put my name on a waiting list.

La Crosse, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Needed to cancel reservation today due to sudden, serious family illness. G.M. refused at Grand Forks Garden Inn said we had to pay for two night stay....would not let us reschedule to a later date either. This SUCKS!

We are HHonors Gold members, stay in Garden Inns almost exclusively....that made NO difference. This will DEFINITELY influence our hotel choices in our extensive national travels

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Larimore, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Cocky, Idiot, Self absorbed college kids populate this hotel staff. Overpriced Motel six. You would be better off staying at a dive hotel. Room was dirty, no electricity after midnight and the staff just basically said "bite me" when we complained!! 175 bucks!!!! The entire staff should be fired and the hotel needs a renovation...it's a DUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: AVOID THIS HOTEL!!!!!!! STAY at the CANADINN !!!! THIS HOTEL IS A COMPLETE DUMP...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
TreyRich, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
I want to personally thank you for taking the time to make us aware of the issues that you had encountered during your most recent stay with us. The issues that you encountered in reference to our staff are very concerning. I can assure you that the service that you experience is out of the ordinary. I would like to gather more information from you if possible. At your earliest conveyance please call me directly here at the hotel to possibly discuss some sort of compensation we would be able to offer. Thank you again for expressing your concerns and we hope we do have the chance to serve you again soon.

Trey Rich
Operations Manager
Hilton Garden Inn
Grand Forks, ND
701-775-6000
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I were stranded in Grand Forks for two days on our way home from Fargo, ND due to a major blizzard. We chose the hilton simply because we are Hilton Hhonors members. The two rooms we stayed in were nice, very clean, comfortable king beds. I'm assuming microwaves and mini refrigerators are standard in every room, because we stayed in basic king rooms, not suites. They are set up quite nicely for the business traveler with a nice little workstation with very comfortable ergonomic chairs. The only gripe I have about the rooms is the shower quality. There isn't much water pressure and it was at least a two minute wait in both second floor rooms for hot water. At least the hot water finally arrived, so that isn't that big of a deal, but low shower pressure is a big deal breaker for me.

My biggest complaint is about the staff. Not one person acted like they were very interested in serving their guests. The first day we stayed we had to wait until 5 PM to check in, their excuse was that George Strait was in town the previous night so they didn't have any rooms cleaned yet, this was at 3 PM so I don't know if she meant the staff all attended the concert and was too hungover to get the rooms cleaned in time or if they just hadn't been prepared to have enough staff on hand the day after the concert, but George Strait is a pretty big deal in Grand Forks as not many headliners stop through here so one would think a hotel would prepare for an event such as this since full occupancy would be quite obvious.

The second night of our stay we decided to have dinner in the restaurant/bar area. It was about 7:45 PM and it was moderately busy, but not busy enough to overwhelm the staff. There was two tour busses stranded at the hotel and a couple of the guys that traveled on the busses had the bartender/servers so distracted that they completely neglected us and others not sitting directly at the bar. The $18 walleye I had looked like they had blown it up with dynamite instead of using conventional fishing methods. It was quite possibly the most pathetic looking fish I have ever eaten, not to mention it was charred to a crisp. We'd much rather have that $60 back in our bank account than have that food in our bellies. Taco bell would have been a treat compared to this.

Perhaps Grand Forks wasn't ready for Hilton to come to town. The young and immature staff seems to prove that. I'd only recommend staying if you are only here to chill in your room and sleep. Avoid the Garden Restaurant/Bar at all costs.

Room Tip: Choosing a room is the least of your worries at this place.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I want to personally thank you for taking the time to make us aware of the issues that you had encountered during your most recent stay with us. Your concerns with our staff and dinning experience will certainly be looked into. I would like to touch base with your in efforts to gather additional information. At your earliest conveyance please call me directly here at the hotel to possibly discuss some sort of compensation we would be able to offer. Thank you again for expressing your concerns and we hope we do have the chance to serve you again soon.

Trey Rich
Operations Manager
Hilton Garden Inn
Grand Forks, ND
701-775-6000

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks? Share your experiences!