“Great little bakery.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 141 Restaurants in Grand Forks
Cuisines: Bakery, Coffee Shop, Soups, Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: We create high quality food using goods from local farmers. North Dakota and Minnesota are truly bountiful places to live and we showcase those ingredients in our food. We believe we can create amazing breads and pastries to rival any bakery in the country (at least that is what our well traveled customers tell us!). Great ingredients, talented bakers and chefs, and a passion for food have come together at Dakota Harvest(R) Bakers when we opened our doors on May 8, 2006.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great little bakery.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I came here with a local to buy cookies. We tried the peanut butter chocolate, triple chocolate, and sea salt chocolate ones. We liked them all about the same. I knew from prior experience that the snickerdoodle cookies are also tasty!

Paul H, Manager at Dakota Harvest Bakers, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Thank you for the review! So glad you enjoyed our cookies. If there is anything we can do in the future to make Dakota Harvest the best possible experience for you, just let us know!
-Dakota Harvest Bakers

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“Tasty Cookies!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We indulged in the cookies. The two I ate were the Triple Chocolate and the Bittersweet Sea Salt. Both were excellent. The cakes and cheesecakes looked great as well!!! I will definitely go here on my next visit to Grand Forks

Thank you for the review! We're glad you enjoyed our cookies we work hard to make sure they're the best around. If there is anything we can do in the future to make Dakota Harvest the best possible experience for you, just let us know! -Dakota Harvest Bakers
Minnesota
“Wasn't overly impressed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stopped by here for breakfast on a whim and I wasn't impressed. I ordered the egg sandwich, and it was just ok, i was expecting a bakery to make fresh food not reheated product on a panini press. My daughter had a caramel roll and it was average. It was expensive but i don't mind forking out the cash if the value is there, but this was disappointing to say the least. I also thought the staff was oddly disconnected and seemed unorganized and unfriendly. They need to keep in mind that people come there that haven't been there before and asking questions and expecting guidance from the staff shouldn't be met with a deer in the headlights response. Most likely won't return.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
I'm truly sorry you had anything buy a wonderful visit. Since your review we've had a substantial staff turn over and all the new staff pride themselves on being friendly and welcoming. Our staff has also started using order sheets and tables numbers to help make sure everything is organized and runs smoothly. Since we do specific sandwich specials each day we have a sandwich chef who makes all of our sandwiches fresh each morning and we offer them both grilled or not grilled depending on what our customers prefer. We also offer grilled cheese or PBJ sandwiches for those not interested in any of the daily sandwiches. I really appreciate the feedback and the chance to try to fix things. I know it's been a few months since your visit but as a new Manager I have just started going through our reviews. If you ever see things we can improve on, please let me know. I hope you and your daughter will consider stopping by again in the future. -Jen Barnes, Manager
Laguna Beach, California
“Excellent lunch and what a great bakery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Visiting my Mom in Grand Forks and she insisted we go here for lunch (Dorothy knows the owners from church :-) Well, it's easy to see why this is a Grand Forks favorite. Delicious soups and tasty, creative sandwiches served on what has to be close to the world's best bread. Move over LaBrea Bakery! We also bought cupcakes to celebrate my brother-in-law's birthday later that evening. Luscious chocolate and the vanilla cream cheese was a hit, too. Very friendly service, very knowledgeable about their products and helpful and patient when you have a hard time choosing. I also enjoyed the "please leave your dishes on the table and one of our team members will clean up after you" sign that was posted -- no need to bus your own table! Cheery, sunny lunch spot. Wish I lived closer.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very nice bakery breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

First, the bakery has a very nice location in a quant part of downtown Grand Forks right near the river park.

The sweet rolls here are some of the biggest and sweetest and stickiest that I have ever seen. Lofts of goo makes for a great breakfast.

We ate here for the Sunday brunch which was not really much of a brunch. I had french toast which was great and had toppings that were truly unique. But they have not kitchen, so nothing other than bakery goods or items that can be heated in the microwave.

So all in all, a very nice morning stop. But if you expect a lot of meaty breakfast items that are not made with flour and sugar, you will probably be disappointed.

• Visited October 2013