“Sadly disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 142 Restaurants in Grand Forks
Cuisines: Bakery, Coffee Shop, Soups, Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Description: We create high quality food using goods from local farmers. North Dakota and Minnesota are truly bountiful places to live and we showcase those ingredients in our food. We believe we can create amazing breads and pastries to rival any bakery in the country (at least that is what our well traveled customers tell us!). Great ingredients, talented bakers and chefs, and a passion for food have come together at Dakota Harvest(R) Bakers when we opened our doors on May 8, 2006.
“Sadly disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was very excited to try this place. I'd heard good things and liked the sound of the joint. The sandwiches are ok....the use of the term “Panini” is misleading and the vegetarian sandwich was very slim on the vegetables. I had to ask for everything...napkins, my beverage, etc. They seemed really unorganized or maybe they were just short staffed....either way it was a disappointing visit.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Bergen, Norway
“Average Sandwiches, Good Drinks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I really liked the idea of this place - a very community focused eatery with freshly baked goods. I was very happy to find that there was some vegetarian options here, but I was a bit disappointed by my lemon hummus sandwich. The hummus was overly salty and rather acidic, and they seemed to be very stingy with the veggies. I also ordered a raspberry white chocolate muffin, but it was a bit dry and the muffin itself was overly sugary. But their beverages are very good - I tried the cinnamon apple cider which was well spiced and sweet. Their indulgent hot chocolate is another worthy treat - especially with their fancy marshmallow toppings. I wanted to like it but it didn't deliver in the end.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Grand Forks, ND
“Wonderful Baked Goods”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

A great place to go if you are looking for a tasty breakfast or lunch that is not just your run of the mill flavors. Get a soup and half sandwich and try to save room for one of the wonderful desserts they have. Anything with the cream cheese frosting is a good choice.

Visited July 2012
Lansing, Michigan
“Dunkin' cookies”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We were traveling through the area and shared the baked oatmeal for breakfast; it was fine although it did have very large pecans in it (a good thing). We each got a cookie to go for later and were wishing we'd eaten it there so we could dunk them in our hot beverages. They have a good flavor but definitely would be better dunked in something.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Great food/atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

This is a great local bakery. I once had banana cream pie that was so good I almost licked my plate clean. Everything I have tried has been wonderful. Sunday mornings are my favorite, get some biscuits and gravy, coffee and the morning paper - my little slice of heaven.

Visited May 2012