“A great pizza joint... Love it! A Gem” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 129 Restaurants in Grand Forks
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Winnipeg
“A great pizza joint... Love it! A Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I love Rhombus Guys. I am from Winnipeg and when I head out to Grand Forks it's one of my must visit restaurants. Casual fun atmosphere. Great beer great pizza.

Grand Forks, North Dakota
“I love, love, love the pizza crust!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

This is a little 'hole in the wall' restaurant in downtown Grand Forks. Parking isn't great and the place looks small, but there are several levels. It's not always easy to find a table, even on a weeknight.
The prices are high and the pizza is great. It's definitely a 'no-frills' eating atmosphere. There are crayons at each table and a fresh white paper 'tablecloth' for you to doodle on or play games while you wait.
Service is speedy and friendly. I've only been there a few times but every time the food has been wonderful.
Tuesday nights are 'slice night' and that attracts a younger drinking crowd. I wouldn't take my kids on Tuesdays but any other time it's definitely family friendly.

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, MN
“Bad experience compared to all the great reviews”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

My husband and I were traveling through Grand Forks on a long weekend for our anniversary. We searched TripAdvisor for restaurant reviews and found Rhombus Guys to be highly rated. We were also excited about the rooftop patio. We found a table on the roof and were excited about the unique pizza menu options. That's where the good experience ended. Perhaps this is an isolated incident and is primarily the fault of our server, Jake.

I ordered a glass of wine and we ordered a salad and pizza to share. When I finished my glass of wine, Jake asked if I wanted another. I replied, sure. 40 minutes later, our pizza arrived. I asked Jake where our salad was (still didn't have my 2nd glass of wine either) and he said oh, let me check. A second later he returns to say they are out of lettuce and he might need to void it. Not once in 40 minutes did he stop by to let us know they were out of salad, making me think that he just forgot to put he salad in. When he stopped by 10 minutes later to see how things were going, I reminded him that I didn't get my wine and we also didn't have our salad yet. He said it would be another 10 minutes. I was completely done with waiting.

At least the manager was helpful and took our feedback and also paid for the food that we were served. I would suggest that maybe without this server, the place would be great. All of the other servers looked like they were working very hard.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dauphin, Canada
“Loved the rooftop supper!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We hve visited this restaurant in the past and enjoyed great pizza. We couldn`t wait to try them again on a return visit to Grand Forks. We were there on a Wednesday, usually a slow day in the food business. The place was packed! We are not the first people to discover this place. We sat outdoors on the rooftop terrace. Got a nice table near the front and enjoyed views and people watching. Every table was in use or quickly reset when people left. We had wine and one of the house special pizzas. Cooked to perfection and a perfect place to enjoy it. Recommended!

• Visited June 2011
Ellijay, Georgia
“Surprised at How Good It Was”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

I'm not a pizza snob, but having grown up in NJ, I like my pizza. Rhombus Guys was actually very good. I admit, I didn't have high hopes in ND, but it was really very good. I'm glad we went and I'm also glad we got to sit up on the roof. I will definitely eat there again on my next visit.

• Visited June 2011