“still great as ever” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Winnipeg, Canada
“still great as ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

We are getting more and more hooked on this hotel, clean rooms and spacious . The continental breakfast is great to start off your day shopping.
I love the pool as it is so warm for the small children that they are not freezing the whole time in. the small kiddie pool is great for very small children.
When ever we ask for adjoining rooms they accomadate our request . Great front desk staff and management.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
CISGRKS, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Grand Forks, responded to this review, February 26, 2015

We look forward to seeing you again at Country Inn and Suites Grand Forks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Winkler, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

We took our whole family including teenagers, adults children, grandchildren. Great service, clean spacious rooms, close to shopping, wonderful pool area, great kid's pool, great continental breakfast!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review!

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your holidays!

Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

We were there during the week and it was very quiet. We stayed in a family suite on the 3rd floor. The bedroom was quite large with a king bed, closet, and large screen tv. The main area had two single beds, a dining table with four chairs, another large screen tv, microwave, bar fridge and sink. Excellent set up for 3 or 4 friends or a family. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The location was perfect ... close to shopping and restaurants and very easy to find. The complimentary breakfast was good ... waffles, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, bacon, bagels, bread, cereals, yogurt, juice, coffee, etc.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

's-Gravenzande
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2010

This is a very nice hotel, we do like the Country Inn a lot. This one was clean, quiet and close to a shopping center. Both rooms were nice and comfortable. Absolutely a place to come back to.

• Stayed September 2010

Manitoba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

This hotel provides excellent value for the money. The rooms were a good size. (We had a family suite.) The rooms were clean & well kept.

The pools were also clean.

The buffet breakfast was very food & the breakfast room was lovely.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Minot, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

My husband, my daughter and I stayed here on our way from our home in Minot, ND to Minneapolis for a literary conference that our college student daughter was going to attend...There had been a blizzard in the state that had just ended the night before, and the weather and the roads were still a mess...very, very snowy and icy (yikes!). We decided to stop in Grand Forks rather than continue on to Fargo, since it was getting dark and the roads were terrible, and boy are we glad we did. This Country Inn and Suites was virtually brand new at the time, and was warm, wonderful, and just beautiful. The staff was terrific! Very welcoming and helpful with everything. The entire hotel is just lovely and our room was wonderful...Very pretty and extremely comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was yummy...As eager as we were to get back on the road to Minneapolis, we were so comfortable in our room, we hated to leave...Next time we're in Grand Forks, we'll definitely stay here again. Don't miss this hotel...You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review!

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

I'm a Carlson Employee and I drove down to Grand Forks to go shopping with some friends. I was really happy to get an excellent employee discount. I made my reservation through central reservations and was told that there was an extra person fee because initially it was planned that there were going to be 4 adults in the room. Those plans didn't pan out and it ended up being just myself and a girlfriend. When I mentioned this to the young lady at check-in she was more than happy to adjust my rate and told me on my next visit to call the hotel directly as they don't charge for an extra person fee and that that was something automatically done by central reservations.

The room my friend and I stayed in was fabulous. The entryway was HUGE, the beds were warm and comfortable, and the tv was nice and big too. We had not only chosen this hotel because of the employee rate I was able to get, but because they had a pool open until midnight. So my girlfriend and I picked up some mix at the grocery store, kept it cold in the mini-fridge in our room, poured ourselves some drinks and headed down to the pools for a few hours.

The pools were nice, water a touch too warm but if you went between the hot tub and the swimming pool it was nice.

The continental breakfast was amazing. They had waffles, bagels, muffins, cereal, fruit, warm biscuits, omelettes, toast, cheese, juice, tea and coffee. Where the food is set up in the breakfast area is a little tight, but it's all about patience and everything moves fine,

My friend and I noticed when looking through the guest directory that they have 24hrs coffee, tea and cookies. So we asked about it at the front desk. The gentleman on duty let us know that they don't often have the 24hr cookies out but he was more than willing to get us some, which she chuckled about and kindly refused.

The sleep my girlfriend and I had that night was supurb. I didn't want to wake up and I had to yell a few times at my friend to get her to wake up and start moving.

We really enjoyed our stay. Whether or not I'm a Carlson employee when I return to Grand Forks the Country Inn and Suites will be my choice for a place to stay. The rates and location can't be beat.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review!

We are delighted to hear that you had a great nights rest!

Been to Country Inn & Suites Grand Forks? Share your experiences!