“Clean, inexpensive, friendly staff, and clean. Also, it's clean..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Grand Forks

You added Super 8 Grand Forks to your Saves list
Super 8 Grand Forks
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1122 N. 43rd St., Grand Forks, ND 58203   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #24 of 27 Hotels in Grand Forks
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Clean, inexpensive, friendly staff, and clean. Also, it's clean..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Did I mention this is a clean hotel? This is, in fact, the cleanest hotel room I think I've ever been in. I've stayed in some nice, nice hotels around the world, but believe it or not, this little Super 8 room was at least as clean as any of them. London, Hong Kong, Moscow, San Francisco, Calgary.. Grand Forks?!

I needed an inexpensive hotel in Grand Forks for a business trip (always looking to save clients money on my expenses) and after reading the reviews on this modest hotel, I decided to give it a shot. I was in town a bit early for the normal check-in time but I thought I'd ask at the front desk anyway. The super friendly woman there said that normally I'd be able to check in a bit early but the rooms were being "deep-cleaned" that day. She said that when they do that they move all of the furniture and everything and clean and vacuum and fix and mend, etc.. The room itself wasn't fancy or posh by any means, but man, it was ridiculously clean and tidy, as was the bathroom. Everything worked perfectly and it had the usual items that we've all come to expect at hotels, no matter the level or price range: soap, shampoo, hair dryer, etc. I'm somewhat of a coffee snob so I didn't try the coffee or any of the basic breakfast items. It's counter-intuitive to me to load up on carbs and then wash it down with caffeine to balance the drop in blood sugar, but I guess that's what a lot of folks have for breakfast and if you're one of those folks, you'd be happy here. As everything else here, the breakfast area was spotless and it was arranged and stocked perfectly. There are numerous restaurants and a few Starbucks and other coffee places in the area.

I really can't say a bad thing about this hotel. I've stayed at much more expensive hotels in Grand Forks in the past, but that'll never happen again now that I've found this modest jewel.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
SuperEightGF, General Manager at Super 8 Grand Forks, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Thank you so much for your business. Your kind words are what make our jobs worthwhile. We can't wait to see you on your next visit to Grand Forks!

-The Grand Forks Super 8 Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

We travel to Grand forks to go shopping about once a year. We always stay at this hotel. This year we were pleasantly surprised to see a lot of renovations were done. We had a king bed and the mattresses must be brand new because they were amazing. We had trouble locating a store my friends recommended and the girl at the desk gladly helped us. Even printed us coupons for local businesses that saved us $75! I will definitely be recommending this hotel to all my friends. Its clean, quiet, and the people are very friendly.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

My wife and I have been doing a lot of travelling in the last 2 or 3 years. We've come to realize that flying out of Grand Forks (as opposed to Winnipeg) is a heck of a lot cheaper. When we fly out of GFK (we always get early morning flights), we head to Grand Forks the night before and stay at the Super 8 - it's clean, cheap, quiet, and close to the airport (or, shopping if you want to go to Columbia Mall).

Maybe it doesn't have all the amenities like a pool or play area for kids, but for solo travelers or couples who are are just looking for a place to crash and not a resort, the GF Super 8 fits the bill perfectly.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, MB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel the last weekend in May. The tree in front of my window was in full bloom. It was great.
The room was adequate for our needs. Clean and well equipped. We made good use of the fridge and microwave. The coffee and tea was available in the lobby around the clock.
The breakfast was sufficient.
We will certainly be returning to this hotel. The staff is friendly and it is reasonably priced.
It does not have a swimming pool, but it was not important on this trip.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

My boyfriend recently took me to Grand Forks so I could do some shopping in the US for my birthday, As he is a cash strapped student, I wasn't surprised when he told me that he was looking to find a budget-friendly hotel. Upon our arrival, I felt very uneasy as the exterior of the hotel does not look very good. It is definitely in need of repair. I was happy to find that the rooms have been renovated, so the inside looks much better than the outside.

Our room was very clean and quite comfortable. It was also nice having the microwave and fridge in the room. The breakfast wasn't the greatest, but it was ok, especially for the price we paid. The hotel wasn't very busy, which meant that it was also fairly quiet. The staff were very friendly and helpful and definitely made us feel welcome. All in all, it was a good experience. If you're just looking for somewhere to sleep and aren't planning on spending too much time in your hotel room, then this is definitely a good pick.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2009

We came down to Grand Forks to go shopping. All of the hotels by the mall were booked up but someone recommended the Super 8, and we had a coupon. The outside of the building looked a little dated, but we were surprised to find the rooms very clean and everything looked very new. The beds were very comfortable, which was very important because we were on our feet all day shopping! Next time we come to Grand Forks, we will bring the coupon and definitely stay here, great value compared to other hotels that weren't that clean in Grand Forks.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2006

My husband and I had reservations at another hotel in Grand Forks for Saturday, March 11th to Tuesday, March 14th. We heard the weather Saturday morning may not make for good driving conditions so we left Winnipeg Friday afternoon. We were not able to find a hotel in Grand Forks as many events were happening in the city over the weekend. However, we were able to get the last room at the Super 8 Motel. It was okay, just okay. Room was small, dated furniture, uncomfortable bed and you could hear quite a bit of noise from the hallway and the other rooms above and on each side. However, we were provided a complimentary breakfast of muffins, doughnuts, toast, coffee the next morning. We felt the price we paid for the night was extremely high for the room, but because of the circumstances the hotel was able to charge a higher rate than what normally would have been charged. We were thankful we were even able to find a room in Grand Forks that evening.

Stayed March 2006
SuperEightGF, Assistant General Manager at Super 8 Grand Forks, responded to this review, February 3, 2009
We are excited to report that all of our furnishings including: mattresses, desks, televisions, chairs, sinks, bathtubs, and tiles have been completely replaced and remodeled in 2008 and 2009. Our breakfast has also been updated to include hot and cold cereal, fresh milk and fruit along with the traditional pastries, juice, and coffee! Along with free breakfast, new furnishings, and service with a smile, we also offer free high speed internet access and free premium channels now. We hope to see some of you in the future!

Been to Super 8 Grand Forks? Share your experiences!