“Perfect place to relax” 5 of 5 stars

Paradise Cove Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Naukacuvu Island, Fiji   |
“Perfect place to relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had 5 nights. We travelled out by resort boat which is great for young couples, families with older kids. Wouldnt travel on it with young kids. It only took 1 hour and 15minutes which is great. We stayed in the beach front villa. The villas are amazing your own verandah with day beds great for a nap when you have had to much sun. Rooms are great spacious and beauitful. The outdoor bathrooms are amazing. The resort only has approx 40 rooms and is lovley and small there are plans to expand this hidden paradise so get in now.
The food is fantastic, breakie is ceral, toast and eggs cooked up fresh. Lunch there is approx 12 different things to choose from. Dinner is set 3 course menu, main gives you a choice between 2 dishes. There are set meal times which are well spaced and you are never left hungry. Staff are great friendly helpful very welcoming. There is plenty of activities to choose from, manta ray snorkel is a must. Small cost involed. Free snorkel trips are amazing to. There are a few questions about the coral out the front of the resort. There is plenty of fish life swim a bit further out and the coral is a lot better. There is some dead coral and shell on the beach which washed up from cyclone passing through a few years ago. So if you have little kids some type of reef walkers for there little feet woukd be handy, even for adults. I will also add that the wind comes up late in the afternoon and can get a bit fresh of the evening. Not cold enough for a jumper but a small cotton cardigan can come in handy. This is such an amazing place and I would definitely plan to go back In the future.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

A beautiful place and it felt like paradise. We stayed in the garden bungalows, beautiful room with a large outdoor bathroom. The staff was amazing. Everyone felt like family to me they knew my name and I knew their names I love the Fijian hospitality. Thanks to everyone there that made our trip so special Tim, Marica, Kirtesh, Mere, Loisi, Merrinni, Moses, Sunya, Joe, Bill, Lee, Mere, Sera, Reapi, Joe, Ron, Anna, Nailumi, and the list goes on and on... I know I'm forgetting quite a lot of you.

The resort was great. Food was nice, wifi everywhere, free use of ipads, snorkel, kayaks, paddle boards, and many different activities from snorkel trips to weaving. The manta ray trip was good but we didn't see any manta rays. School village visit was fantastic those kids were beautiful and loved to show off. Hand line fishing was fun though we didn't catch anything. Spend a day deep sea fishing with Rusi caught 3 large fish in 2 hours.

I really enjoyed how intimate the feel of the island with 50 or so guests. After talking to lots of guests and staff the plan is to expand. I'm really glad that I came now as I think the feeling of community will be lost once it becomes a large resort of 300+ people. Would highly recommend going to this resort.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had a lovely honeymoon (second time around) here. The bures are very large and beautiful. A lot of thought has gone into them and they have huge outdoor bathrooms. We had booked a one bedroom but were given a 2 bedroom. The only thing I did think was that if you were there with others that with both bedrooms opening to the bathroom you may have some privacy issues. Outside the bures were big built in couches which are great for lounging on to read. These were the nicest bures we have found in Fiji and have been there a lot.

The food was great (we have fairly high standards and we enjoyed it all).The staff were lovely, seemed very happy and we could not fault the service.

I had read some reviews before we went about how kids were not that noticeable and were fed seperately but we were there in school holidays and this was not the case so if you were expecting adults mainly you may be disappointed! I personally would have found it better if there were less kids but outside of school holidays it is probably a lot better. This is not a criticism of the resort just a comment to help readers.

Only issue we had was we took the resort speedboat back to the mainland and it ran out of fuel. Knowing how well run this resort is I am pretty sure it won't happen again.

We would definitely go back.

Room Tip: We stayed in a beachfront as we were on honeymoon but had a look around and anywhere would be nice...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

What a fantastic place. From the moment we arrived on the island we were so well catered for.
Our rooms had the wow factor and the kids loved the kids club. We had a brilliant time and left very relaxed. I can recommend this get away to anyone. Do yourself a favour.

Stayed September 2013
Pindimar NSW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed at Paradise Cove last month for 6 nights and it was the most wonderful time our family has spent together in 15 years. We travelled with our 2 sons aged 6 and 10.
The resort itself is beautiful….despite the new bures the island still has a beautiful rawness to it that makes you really feel like you have disappeared off the map. The bures are unbelievably beautiful, luxurious. We arrived to a beautiful musical welcome on the beach by the Tim, Dave and the staff which was lovely. A free juice cocktail for us all and we were relaxed instantly. We had Garden Villa 17 one row back from the beach which was no issue at all for us. The internal timber work is stunning but the slate outdoor bathroom was just breathtaking. We had two bedrooms with the kids separated from us by the bathroom and all beds were very comfortable. Our four poster king with the white curtains made me feel like I was in a fairy tale but when we came back after dinner to find the beds turned down, fresh flowers on the sheets and the curtains drawn I felt totally spoilt.

The television has access to a huge variety of free movies and tv programs for all ages which is handy for the kids or in the evening. The kids arrived to find Crooked Coconut Kids Club bags on their beds with hats, drink bottles (free refills at the bar) and sunscreen. The kids club was wonderful, especially for our 6 year old who would bug us for the time until 10am when he’d call out ‘i’m off to kids club!’ and off he’d go! The island is such a fantastic size at the moment, the kids are never far away and we felt relaxed letting them go off and explore together knowing that we could give them some much needed freedom and independence. We also knew that all of the staff knew them by name and would help them back to us if needed, it felt like a community.

The food was exquisite. We had read many reviews about bad quality food being served out on the islands so we were not expecting much but this was like eating at a 5 star restaurant. Breakfast was beautiful, fresh fruits, pastries, cereals, 3 types of home baked bread, 2 hot dishes that changed daily (pancakes, sausages, frittata, baked beans etc) plus there was the egg bar (fantastic omlette!!!).
Lunch offered about 10 regular choices plus a daily special so there was always variety. Dinner was a 3 course extravaganza accompanied by the most wonderful music you will ever hear from the talented men on the Kava mat. I wish I could get a recording of their singing, I would play it every night with dinner!

The bar has the most relaxing atmosphere and the barmen were lovely. A selection of relaxing music was constantly playing in the background and it is so easy just to sink into one of the bean bags or lounge and stay there.

My husband is an ex-dive instructor and he was so proud to see our eldest son have his first diving experiences on the island and be able to dive with he and Jodie at one of the local sites. The dive shop is proffesionally run by Elvis and Jodie and we had all of our water sport needs met by them.
The Manta Ray trip was fantastic, unfortunately we didn’t get to do a school and village tour due to the weather which is something we really regret but will have to do next time. At the moment the trip is to Waya where Octopus resort is but i’m hoping that one day the trip will be to Soso Village on Naviti Island where most of the staff come from.

The best thing by far about this resort is the staff, especially in their treatment of the kids. Our sons were given such wonderful attention and invaluable experiences. Our younger son was looked after and fussed over. Our eldest was included, taught, and treated like a young man in a village environment. He was invited to play volleyball and rugby on the beach in the afternoons and was comfortable and included in the men’s conversation on the Kava mat in the evenings. He came away from the island with new outlooks and a positivity that we are so grateful for.

As we have never stayed anywhere with this sort of luxury I actually felt guilty that we were being looked after so attentively by these lovely people but as my husband reminded me they take great pride in what they do for the guests so I cannot praise them enough for the fine job they do. Thank you so much to Tim, Sonia, Knox, Jonasa, Bill, Annie, Moses, Ana, Mere, Loisi, Peter, Ron, Jodie, Elvis, Bo, Joe, Saro and all of the staff who’s names escape me sorry!

It is irrational to expect that after meeting so many guests the staff would remember us after we leave, or think of us as we do them 10 times a day but we feel a love for the people that we met at PC and will do everything we can to get back there in the next couple of years.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

A great boutique resort. We are a family of 5 and flew in by seaplane which I would thoroughly recommend as a quick and beautiful trip from the airport. The resort is small so by day 2 you recognise pretty much everyone and it felt so safe we let our 10 and 12 year olds roam free. The setting is picturesque and walking out of our bure straight onto the beach was fantastic. Snorkelling off the beach was pretty good and the free snorkel trips to other spots even better. The beach is good though a bit corally at low tide. The food was excellent and the kids loved the kid lunch options. Our kids are a bit fussy however and only having one kid option at night was limiting. The 2 bed bures are large and well set out and the pool was a decent size which did not ever get crowded. The staff were all really friendly and accommodating.
Overall a lovely holiday that was relaxing in a place that deserves its name as Paradise. We loved it!

Stayed October 2013
Bridgetown, Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed in a two bedroom beachfront with a friend this September. This place is spectacular. The service is wonderful special shout out to Mosees (sp?) and Joe. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. Well decorated as well. The beach is very good. The morning yoga with Lee was wonderful and the food was great. If you are interested in a quiet romantic getaway this is the place for you. It is also great for families with many activities for kids. What would have made it perfect for me is if it had more of the sister Blue Lagoon vibe ie more Fijian influence with The Fijian dances. Depends on your preference the Blue lagoon is more collegial in terms of guests because dinner is a group dinner, Paradise Cove is newer and the atmosphere a bit more reserved it just depends what you are looking for. We had a great time and will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Paradise Cove Resort? Share your experiences!