We stayed here for one night at the beginning of February as we needed to 'get away' from our busy lives and stresses and it was also my birthday. We had seen the chaps on tv and thought it all looked lovely. We were not dissapointed. We arrived around 4pm, unpacked and headed to the lovely cosy bar. We sat in a quiet booth overlooking the beautiful church and enjoyed a couple of relaxing drinks - my husband is a lover of 'real' ale so was happy to try them all !! We then headed back to our nice spacious room (no.9) which had everything we needed & relaxed for an hour or 2 before dinner. We had booked a table earlier in the day and were seated in the bar area near the open fire - lovely & cosy. There was a little bit of a wait for the food but it was well worth it as it was delicious. After dinner we moved into the main bar area had a few more drinks and chatted to 'Crumbs' (the parrot).! We slept really well, the bed was extremely comfy. We did hear the church bells on a couple of occasions but it wasn't enough to disturb our sleep. Breakfast next morning was one of the best we've ever experienced and kept us going all day. The only downside we experienced during our visit was a slight problem with the shower as the pressure was a bit hit & miss in the morning - you just have be patient ! However this would not put us off returning - in fact we can't wait & look forward to coming again later in the year, hopefully when the weather is warmer and we can take advantage of the patio area which looked very inviting. Well done Terry and Graham, you're doing a great job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly re built Knife & Cleaver is situated in the pretty village of Houghton Conquest just 5 miles from the centre of Bedford and only 1 hour by rail from London.Overlooking the magnificent grade 1 listed All Saints church and beautiful countryside. The Knife & Cleaver is a ramblers paradise, with a great selection of walks ranging from two & a half miles, three miles, four and four and a half miles. We offer 9 beautiful double or twin rooms, each en-suite & offering T.V. Tea & Coffee making facilities, hairdryer, room service open 7 days a week from 7 am until midnight.The mainline Rail station to Brighton thru London for Flitwick runs 7 days a week and there are trains almost every 20 minutes.We have disabled access & Cots available. Our four fine chefs are very proud to offer you a varied menu only using all fresh locally sourced ingredients. Special dietary requirements are offered. We are here to serve you and look forward to seeing you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Knife & Cleaver reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Knife And Cleaver
- The Knife & Cleaver Hotel Bedford
- Knife Cleaver Bedford
- Knife Cleaver Hotel Bedford