“TERRIBLE!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall

You added Super 8 Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall to your Saves list
Super 8 Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3518 Interstate Blvd., I-29 & West Acres Mall Exit 64, Fargo, ND 58103   |
Ranked #34 of 47 Hotels in Fargo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Grand Forks, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Super 8's probably my preferred brand of hotels. They're typically well kept up and reasonably priced, with decent locations and good staffs, and this location easily met those expectations. The young lady at the front desk was friendly and helpful, the room clean and up to date, and the location was convenient for my needs (although it did take an extra turn or two to find my way into the lot and to find the main building with the office).

All of the expectations were met and fine, but I did have one problem -- sleeping. Sure, a good-sized part of that was on my end. Not only do I usually have problems sleeping in a strange bed, but I also have problems sleeping when I'm basically waiting on an alarm clock.

On their end though was a problem I'm finding more common -- a bed so firm it was almost solid. Maybe I'm a little spoiled, but I do like beds to have some give to them. There was also the noise, not from any neighbors but from both the wall heater mounted under the window and the trucks outside that kept their engines running throughout the night. The heater had a bit of a hum, along with a small sort of clattering noise; even at the beginning of winter, a little heat's nice. (And, yeah, I've always had problems tuning out noises, too, especially at night.)

This isn't a bad hotel and I can recommend it for its staff, cleanliness, and upkeep. As for those noises you don't want to hear, I don't know. Trucks will be on one side of the building and the highway on the other side.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that doesn't face the parking lot or the highway.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Ste. Anne, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Booked a suite with 2 beds and sofa bed. Hotel was fairly clean, a little dated, mattresses a little used but generally a good facility. There was a good breakfast; waffles, toast, cereal. Close to major shopping centre.

Room Tip: Good choice for groups of 6.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Crys U, Manager at Super 8 Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Our "SuperStart Breakfast" is very popular with our guests. I am pleased you enjoyed it and appreciate your comments. The close proximity to West Acres, the large shopping mall in Fargo is also enjoyed by many of our guests. With the Christmas season upon us, guests can do their shopping, dine out in the many, many restaurants nearby and stay with us at the Fargo Super 8 & Suites. We pride ourselves in our excellent customer service, along with clean and comfortable rooms. Comments such as yours enable us to continue providing outstanding accommodations. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate it.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights for black Friday. Hotel was clean, the room we booked was a king suite was huge and lots of room. Pool area was very nice however the hot tub was small and the jets were not very powerful. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was great. Already decided to book here next year.

• Stayed November 2012
Black Friday shopping at the nearby West Acres Mall has become a yearly tradition for many of our guest's. Our guest's are fortunate to have many restaurants and numerous shopping options so close to our hotel. With a clean and comfortable room at an affordable price, a shopping trip to Fargo results in a enjoyable experience. Thank you for submitting a reveiw, we really appreciate your comments.

Been to Super 8 Fargo/I-29/West Acres Mall? Share your experiences!