“Staff was great!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fargo Inn & Suites

You added Fargo Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Fargo Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1025 38th Street South, Fargo, ND 58103 (Formerly Select Inn Fargo)   |
Ranked #29 of 47 Hotels in Fargo
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Staff was great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

This hotel is older and not fancy, but the staff make up for it! When we checked in, there were hot chocolate chip cookies. Later, our thermostat in the room wasn't working properly and our room was hot. The staff (Mauna) asked us to try to turn it down and wait a few minutes to see if it improved. She called us back after 10 minutes to check and see if it was better, and when it wasn't, immediately moved us to another room. She even checked the new room before taking us to it to make sure that the temperature was comfortable. Although this is an older hotel, it was clean and the beds were comfortable. Very close to the mall and shopping.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We overnighted here during a recent shopping trip to Fargo. We booked online with Expedia and the cost was quite reasonable. Although it is an older facility, it was clean and comfortable. The rooms was a little small and I missed having a table as we had take out for dinner. The breakfast was quite extensive, and even included hot sausage gravy with biscuits! The staff was friendly and accommodating. The desk clerk went out of his way to provide some hot chocolate late in the evening instead of the coffee that was available in the lobby. Very close to the I29, so easy access arriving and heading back home. Also very close to all the shopping along 13th. And thanks to the guy at the desk who gave us excellent directions to Costco! The only real negative comment I would have is that there was a strong odour from cleaning/room freshing sprays. We left our window open all night and were awakened by a group using the parking lot as a 'shortcut'.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
General M, General Manager at Fargo Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Fargo Inn & Suites, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay here. We are glad we were able to accommodate you during your stay here and that you were able to enjoy some of our amenities. Again thanks for staying here and we hope you will continue to in the future.
Sawyer, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

To begin, I must give this Hotel benefit of doubt. Their upper floors which I had been booked into & advised newly remodeled. I asked for a ground floor upon arrival as there is no elevator & I am handicapped. Exterior Door D did not latch securely. They do have security cameras monitoring all exits and halls, but I saw no one keeping tabs and no security staff. The gap under my door, allowed an inquisitive guest mouse to scamper under, but it immediately went out the way it came in. My room was very near the D entrance. I suppose he was cold too & needed a room for the night. The room chair was stained badly. I tried not to sit where someone had left a purposeful stain. The sink was cracked the cold and hot reversed, The TV was a challenge to operate and I had a difficult time finding anything but a blank picture. The walls are thin and noise can be heard above and in hallways. The price is a bargain if that's what you want and nothing more. Maybe I should have taken that upper remodeled floor room, maybe the mouse saw my room and did not like it either, so left. On the plus side. A secure safe in the room. Though the bed spread and blanket were badly worn, the mattress was brand new and extremely comfortable & despite the distractions, I slept fairly well., Shower & bath both clean, I parked right in front of my window & could keep and eye on my vehicle. There was no highway traffic noise. I learned Veterans with VA hospital apts. can get a voucher rate... The Fargo Inn is trying very hard to please and remain competitive and remodel. I believe given time they will remodel the ground floor also. A costly venture. I have been in much worse, louder, with lousy mattresses. Its difficult to find much under $100.00 a night. To be fair, I had just spent four days at Homewood suites by Hilton, in southern TX. That was over the top, but worth it.

Room Tip: Book a remodeled upper room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay here at the Fargo Inn & Suites. I do want to apologize for some of the inconveniences you experienced here. We are in the process of remodeling our hotel, we have update some rooms and are continuing to do the rest of the hotel. I do want to let you know we have a pest control company that services our hotel monthly and we have them looking into your claim of a mouse in our facility. Again thank you for your patience and understanding and for letting us know about your recent stay here.

Fairbanks, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel is a real gem. It is an older hotel and a bit worn but it could not be cleaner nor could the staff be friendlier. When I called for reservations, I was using my bluetooth in the car and could not access my credit card to hold the room. They held a room anyway! The room was small but had a microwave and refrigerator. There are several restaurants close by and a Wal-Mart that we walked to (this might be a bit far for some people but it gave us a chance to stretch our legs). We did laundry while there, the machines were clean and only cost $1. In terms of value, it can't be beat. Plus, it was nice not to be staying in one of the chain hotels. If you are traveling and need a good place to relax and sleep, this is it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and writing a review on Trip Advisor about your stay. We hope you continue to stay here in the future.

Thanks
indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

ok, the price was good (the AAA discount helped too), and you can see they've done some updates, but a few more are needed to get a better rating from me. if coming thru this way again, will probably spend the extra $10-$15 for somewhere else. desk staff was friendly, pointed us to the very good (and authentic) mexican restaurant across the interstate.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Graceville, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is such a nice hotel. Rooms are clean and smell fresh! The hotel is updated very well! The have a good Breakfast selection and the staff is very friendly! Its close to shopping and Restaurants. This is the only hotel I will stay at in Fargo!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us at the Fargo Inn & Suites, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay here. We look forward to having you come back and stay here the next time you are in Fargo.

Thanks.

Been to Fargo Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!