“You get what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Fargo

You added Motel 6 Fargo to your Saves list
Motel 6 Fargo
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1202 36th Street South, I-29 at Exit 64, Fargo, ND 58103   |
Ranked #44 of 47 Hotels in Fargo
Winston-Salem, NC
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2008

No coffeemaker in room and coffee in lobby only until 10 am (although I was able to sweet talk them into making another pot, at 11 am). They at least take pets. Check out at noon. Beds are comfy.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Stanley, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2008

This motel was cheap....a little over $100 for two nights. However, we had to stay in the smoking section and even though it didn't seem bad after you first walk in the motel, we sure smelled it on our clothes and pillows when we got home. The cinder block hallways and low ceilings give it an eerie feeling. The room had a tiny bathroom, no decorations whatsoever, and no alarm clock!! Pets are allowed in the motel and several times I rounded the corner and found a large dog on it's owner's leash staring at me....not exactly relaxing. We didn't use the pool but it looked very small. I would stay at this motel again if I needed to, but it's not my favorite -- by far.

• Liked — Cheap price for average motel.
  • Disliked — No internet access; bare minimun ammenities.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2008

Nice hotel for the money. The room was clean and the staff was very friendly. A no frills hotel but clean! Great location! Will stay there again!

• Liked — clean rooms, friendly english speaking staff!
  • Disliked — not having internet access
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Bismarck, ND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2006

First of all I got a pretty good deal by using their internet rate booking online throught their site directly which I would certainly recommend to all. When we booked we knew nothing of the place except that it is the cheapest in town. I got there and was happy to see they had a pool and that the houskeepers were friendly. We settled in and decided to go for a swim. I have done my share of swimming and I can honestly say this is THE best pool I have ever been in, it was as warm as a giant tub and clean, not stinking of clorine. Just right! TThen when I woke up at 5 am and asked when they made coffee the man said it was at about 8 and I thanked him and as I walked away he kindly said he'd make the pot within 15 minutes for you. He was really sincerly caring unlike any srvice I've recieved lesewhere. I recommend this hotel for those wanting a cheap hotel in a perfect location, with good service, and no frills just good people!

• Liked — Pool, Service, Handicapped Accesibility, PRICE!
  • Disliked — The fact that more people don't give it good reviews!!
  • Tips/Secrets — If you just want a down home place to say with great employees that really care and the best price this is it!
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
winnipeg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2005

I know Motel 6 is very much a 'budget hotel' so you can't have expectations that are too high, but there were lots of problems here. The check-in clerk was very grumpy. One of the railings on the stairs was coming off the wall, and the window frame in our room was broken. Cleanliness was only passable. In addition, the cinder block architecture and low ceilings make it feel more like a prison than a motel. I've stayed in other motel 6's that were just fine; I won't be back to this one.

• Stayed September 2005

Been to Motel 6 Fargo? Share your experiences!