“Could not sleep in the stifling room” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #28 of 47 Hotels in Fargo
“Could not sleep in the stifling room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

Econo Inn was fine, except in one respect, a big one. Even in April, the room was very hot at night. The entire motel was very warm because of the heat being on, and it was impossible to sleep. Turning the A/C on did no good, because it did not work.

Although the room was fine otherwise, if a person can't sleep, that overrides everything.
It was a waste of $50.00. I should have slept in my car.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Chris H, General Manager at Econo Lodge East, responded to this review, September 24, 2014
We apologize for the issues you had with the temps in the room. Maintaining comfortable temps during that time of the year can be difficult with all the up and downs with weather. It is also the time of the year when we start finding out which HVAC units are going to be issues with cooling as they have only been used for heating for all winter.

To avoid further issues like this we now keep a few extra units on the property for instances just like this. We do hope you will give us another chance.

Have a great day

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

If you don't like smoke, don't stay here. Walls between rooms are too thin. They air out the rooms during the day, but by late night, the next morning, the smoke permeates the rooms. Terrible.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — Nonsmoking rooms smelled like smoke
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2008

I was passing through Fargo and decided to stay at the Econo Lodge to save some cash. The location was nice - it was right off the highway and was situated near a grocery store, liquor store, West Acres Mall, and other small businesses. The room was a normal size and came with a fridge/microwave, which I liked. The only thing I didn't like was that there was no elevator. As someone who is on a summer-long road trip, I had a heavy suitcase and several other bags... it would have been much easier to get my luggage to my room if there had been an elevator. The clerk offered to help, which I thought was nice. But if you have a lot of luggage, you may want to suggest a room on the first floor instead of the second.

• Liked — price, location, free wifi
  • Disliked — no elevator
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2008

My husband and I recently stayed here for a one night stopover during our cross-country move, therefore having our 3 cats with us. After reading other reviews, I decided to give the Econolodge a try, first asking the woman at the front desk if we could check the room upon arrival - it was perfectly fine. The bathroom was very clean, as was all else in the room. The beds were good enough for a one night stay. We paid a more than reasonable price for such a clean room and my AAA discount added all the more value.

For someone with pets, we were especially pleased that we paid a single fee of $10 extra to accomodate our 3 cats. There was no issue either with the fact that there were three animals to be staying in the room with us.

The free breakfast next morning was set up in the very clean and neat entrance area, with waffles, muffins, fruit and juice. I must say when I think 'Econolodge' I don't associate the hotel with such attention to tidiness and cleanliness - though that could be the result of this particular location's management most likely.

And I must add that the woman at the front desk, Cindy, was exceptionally polite and helpful to us. I had called only an hour before we arrived to check their availability, since we were unsure how far we would be driving each day, and she was very nice. I am completely put off by a hotel with zero customer service, regardless the rate, but we had better treatment than we expected at a hotel like the Econolodge than some hotels we've stayed at and paid triple the price!

• Liked — Budget value
  • Disliked — Location
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
winnipeg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2008

We stayed at the econolodge for a weekend and it was just fine for us. We were looking for something that was cheap, clean and close to the shopping centers and the econolodge met our standards. The staff were friendly, the room was very clean and the complimentary breakfast was just fine. I would for sure stay here the next time we are in Fargo. You can't beat the price!

• Liked — It was clean and well priced!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Marshall, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2008

I stayed at the Econo Lodge, when I found a pretty great rate. The staff was pretty friendly,even though they where pretty booked. The rooms where in pretty good condition, and it looked like they made a effort to make it look good. Only problem, was the shower head was postioned for a person who was 5ft. My wife even had to bend down, and she is only 5'5. Breakfast was pretty slim, with bread, mini-muffin, hot waffles and fake sugar juice. I think if they expand the breakfast bar (which I think they have room for) and get some real juice, it would be much much better. I would definently stay here, especially if they upgraded the breakfast with more selection.

• Liked — Price, location, friendly staff
  • Disliked — Height of shower head, slim breakfast pickings
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled on business

-- Clean basic room
-- Breakfast is OK, includes waffles
-- Friendly

Stayed July 2007

Been to Econo Lodge East? Share your experiences!