“One of the best customer service and good rooms” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge West Fargo

You added Econo Lodge West Fargo to your Saves list
Econo Lodge West Fargo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3825 9th Ave. S.W., Fargo, ND 58103 (Formerly Fargo Comfort Inn West)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #39 of 47 Hotels in Fargo
Deering, North Dakota, United States
“One of the best customer service and good rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The place is clean and the beds are very comfortable. These are the most important beside the customer service, which is above superior. They will help in every event and are the most friendly people I have met.
I spend a lot of time in travel mode and have not experienced a better place to spend a peaceful rest.

Room Tip: The suites are very roomy and on the non-parking side of the building. They are very Veteran friendl...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bagley, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stay at this hotel everytime I am in the area. I always get great service, and the staff is very friendly and willing to help out with whatever my needs may be. Also great assortment of things for breakfast and reasonable rates. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have been coming back and forth to this hotel since November 2012 I continue to come back because the people here are very very nice the breakfast was wonderful and it's quiet and clean I will recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed March 2013
Gladstone, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Well, I didn't stay here. I booked a room here and had to cancel. Did so within the time frame as to not be charged, but I was! Got very poor customer service, no one answered the phone, had to call back at a different time, etc. Was told by Nate the manager they could not refund my money cause they couldn't find the reservation!?! I had proof of the charge on my credit card, and proof that I cancelled in time. Then they advised they could only refund a portion! BS!! Having my credit card company dispute with them, utterly ridiculous.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to go. This was actually the only hotel I could find left in Fargo to book in o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Winnipeg, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a long weekend, arrived and had to wait to check in as their internet access was down. Room was fine on arrival nothing special but adequate as we were only planning on sleeping there. Went out the following day and when we came back the room was cleaned but there were no towels left. Had to call the front desk so they could bring some up. Following day was fine. Ended up having to stay a third night due to a storm that closed the interstate, hotel easily booked us for an extra night. Went out, the staff saw us leave, when we returned our keys didn't work in the door so had to get those redone, and the room wasn't cleaned other than that we had new towels because they had handed them to us in the morning. Not the hotels fault but there was a Semi on the parking lot left running all night.

Over all a good hotel but could be better. I'd stay again for the price but don't expect much.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed at this motel on Jan. 24th. We were a little concerned by the varying reviews but were pleased to see that the motel was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We had an early flight and needed to leave before breakfast time, so I cannot attest as to what the breakfast was like. As we were leaving, the breakfast was almost ready and I was able to help myself to some juice. The room we stayed in was very clean. I would not hesitate to stay here again. The rooms are smaller than a luxury hotel, but very adequate and clean. This Hotel is a good stay for your money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Booked this place through hotwire. It is your average motel with dimly lit rooms. TV was nice and clear, you get free internet and the hot breakfast was a bonus. The beds were comfortable but the bed covers had some odd stains on them that sort of grossed us out. We rarely get bothered by bed covers but this was more dirty than average.

The room itself was clean but I don't inspect it with a fine tooth comb. I wasn't aware that the hotel was originally a "Comfort Inn" which NOW explains why I didn't see "Econo Lodge" on the wi-fi network and only "Comfort Inn"..

The staff seemed relatively pleasant though at times, you had to look around for them since they weren't always at the desk. The heat/ air fan is pretty old. It's the kind that doesn't turn off when it reaches the optimal heat. Once you turn on the heat, it keeps heating the room until it's too hot. If you turn it down, you only get cold air from the outside thereby cooling the room. We ended up heating the room and turning the whole thing off. The beds were cozy and comfortable enough to give us restful sleep and the room didn't get too cold.

Didn't bother with the pool but it was pretty small. There was also an adjacent jacuzzi. Overall, we had a decent enough stay. It's average. It's not horrible. If you're looking for a cheap place to stay the night, I'd recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge West Fargo? Share your experiences!