“Absolutely a gem of a desk clerk” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn East

You added Quality Inn East to your Saves list
Quality Inn East
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1407 35th St. S, Fargo, ND 58103 (Formerly Fargo Comfort Inn East)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #42 of 47 Hotels in Fargo
Billings, Montana
“Absolutely a gem of a desk clerk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Though we didn't actually stay at the Quality Inn, the desk clerk, Ashley Brown, was an incredible person and definitely an employee that Choice Hotels should be proud of. After being turned away at a hotel where we DID have a reservation for a room with a recliner, we went to 3 other hotels we thought might have recliners in the rooms (Super 8....which did register us but we didn't stay because the room did NOT have a recliner as promised, Days Inn, and Wingate by Wyndham). Ashley told us they did not have rooms with recliners, and proceeded to help us by googling hotels in Fargo with recliners and calling to verify that they did, in fact, have them. I couldn't believe how she went out of her way for us and we were not paying guests. The lobby where we waited during all of this was spotlessly clean, she was helpful to guests that came in and out, and left her supper to get cold so she could help us. I hope to encounter employees like Ashley in our future travels. Cudos to her! She's one in a million.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Sand Springs Ok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed here for one night. We had a handicapped room, so the bathroom was larger than normal, of course that means the main room is smaller, but it was all clean.
The bath tub bench was very wobbly and one of the rubber feet had been cut through, from use I guess. The pool was still empty, we were told we could use the pool at the Q suites next door, but I didn't feel like walking that far in swim wear.
As others have mentioned, I was not impressed by the staff, seemed more like a party atmosphere than a business with staff hanging out around the front door smoking, or lounging about the breakfast area. There was no mini fridge or microwave in the room, I read that they were available on request. The internet did work well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I will begin by saying there is a fraud investigation under way for this hotel. After a horrible stay in this hotel back in February, where staff went into our room and packed our belongings into garbage bags because THEY had double booked the room, I now find this hotel is charging my credit card without authorization. The one time I stayed at this hotel I booked through a discount hotel website so only provided my credit card information directly to the hotel in case of damages. I recently noticed a transaction on my credit card for $102 debited by Quality Inn East Fargo for a date in May. I did not authorize this transaction as I would never stay at this hotel a second time. I contacted the hotel who advised it was a glitch in their system and at least 12 other credit cards had also been debited. I am now in a fight with the hotel to get the money back. Visa is investigating this as a fraud. I would suggest you not stay at this hotel. Don't risk it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Oroville, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Nice room but exceptionally low level of service. This could be a very nice place to stay, close to shopping and business and the room was nice size but no one there knows whats going on, we had to ask every day for clean towels, and room was only cleaned once in 4 days.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I was ripped off severely staying here.I was charged $284.69 plus $98.81 on my credit card and the room was only $166. Nicole Pastones the manager was swearing at me and calling me names.Never stay again

Steinbach, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Aweful experience right from the moment we walked in! We arrived to no welcome, a clerk on the phone arguing with someone, a box of beer on the back counter, an employee sprawled across a couch in the lobby.The pool/hot tub were out of order. Our "non-smoking" room reeked of smoke and old urine and looked grimy. We complained and asked for a different room. The clerk was unapologetic and apathetic. We asked if she would like to come smell the room herself and her response was, "Oh, I believe you" like this is a common issue. We tried to use the room phone to call a different hotel but it was sticky to touch and wasn't working. We cancelled our stay at the front desk. The clerk didn't say a word, just gave me a printout confirming my cancellation. No "I'm sorry" or "Have a good day" from this clerk who didn't even make eye contact. Worst service ever!

Moorhead, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

This Quality Inn is in a great location near the Mall and most restaurants. As Quality Inns go the room was a good size with room to spread out with two Queen beds. The bathroom was so small you had to step in and stand by the toilet to shut the door or you could not get in the shower, Also the shampoo was half empty which seems a little strange and nasty did not use. Breakfast was very good with all the usual items plus waffles, eggs and sausage. There is a swimming pool and hot tub both were appeared clean and the pool was very warm. So the only down side was the staff. I was checked in by a young guy wearing a baseball cap sideways and could not even bother to get up off the chair. No benefit here for being Diamond member. A second incident occurred at breakfast when two employees were making breakfast talking about moving in with some guy and getting out of the mothers house. One was wearing just socks walking around and the main person putting breakfast items out looked like he had not changed his hoodie in about a month it was nasty and so unprofessional. And that does not include catching one other employee listening at someones door. Seems all the employees are young and not had any kind of customer training.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn East? Share your experiences!