“not the best!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn and Suites

You added Baymont Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Baymont Inn and Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3333 13th Avenue South, Fargo, ND 58103-3404 (Formerly Best Western Fargo Doublewood Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #32 of 47 Hotels in Fargo
Calgary, Canada
“not the best!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We used points to stay at this hotel. Very glad I didn't spend money on this hotel. It was old, pool was dirty and had some strange slimy algae in the corner, hallways were dirty and had a strange odour.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Anthony S, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Angela M,

I would like to apologize for not meeting, and exceeding your expectations as our guest. I wanted to touch on the pool issue that you mentioned… What you actually see in the bottom corners of the pool is a buildup of sand. Our pool incorporates a sand filter into it, and slowly but sure some of it sneaks out into the pool. I did pass that note along to our Maintenance staff to be making sure we are staying on top of it so that guests do not get the perception that it is anything but clean and ready to go! Thank you for writing us a review, and we hope that the next time you are in Fargo, you will consider staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Grand Forks, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We came to our second wedding reception here and it was phenomenal! We enjoyed every aspect of this hotel, our family had a great time catching up with friends and family we haven't seen in a long while and had a wonderful weekend. The food was GREAT and we really enjoyed th band in the lounge over the weekend. Thanks Doublewood for the great time!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Anthony S, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for the review! I am very pleased to hear that everything went well for you and for the wedding you attended. We hope that you will be back for many more weddings and we can continue to provide you with great customer service!
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

The staff at this hotel were absolutely amazing! Every staff member acknowledged me with a friendly hello and a smile. I was warmly greeted the second i walked through the door. Because i am a diamond member and there was availability, i was upgraded to the biggest suite they had in a quiet area of the hotel. I was given coupons for free hot breakfast and casino games. The room was beautiful with all the amenities you might expect. My remote didn't work and when i called, a new one arrived within 2 minutes. The room was extremely spacious, clean and comfortable bed. I had car trouble and because i was by myself i was in a bit of a panic. My husband called the hotel from Canada and asked if anyone could possibly help. Along came Tim (assistant manager) in his white shirt and dress pants but eager to help with my car. He spent a good half an hour fixing my problem and he did get a bit dirty but didn't seem to care. Afterwards he asked me if there was anything else he could do for me. This hotel has a beautiful restaurant reasonably priced and a casino on site. All this for under $100.00! Stay here and you will feel at home. Outstanding! Great job BW staff!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Anthony S, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Cathy,

Thank you so much for leaving us a review on your stay. I am very pleased to hear that our staff was able to make such a positive impact on your stay. We truly believe that the customer service level we provide our guest is the most important aspect of their stay. I will definitely be passing along the comments you left to the rest of our staff, and I know they will appreciate to hear what you have to say about them! I hope that in the future, your car doesn’t give you any more troubles and that the next time you are in the area, you will allow us to serve you again!
Fargo, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Terribly dirty hotel!! Very disappointed!!! Very expensive!! If we're going to pay more than any other Best Western hotels that we stayed at this weekend, then it better be the nicest one we stay in & it was the wasn't, it was the worst!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Anthony S, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Brooke Z,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your stay. I want to apologize that we did not meet or exceed your expectations as our guest. We take the feedback that we get very seriously. I wanted to let you know that I will do my best to find what employees interacted with you during your stay, and to see where it is we dropped the ball with you. Thank you again for the review and we hope that the next time you are in Fargo you will consider staying with us again so that we can show you what you experienced is not the norm
Monticello, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel is a nice place. The room I had was nice but there were to problems I hate in a hotel room. The first is musty off color stuff at the bottom of the shower curtain. The second is damp carpet that doesn't ever dry out. I would suggest a second or third floor room. I attended a conference the other winter here and the upper floor room was great. The conference rooms here are good and the food was also good. The Restaurant is above average and the staff is friendly but not super.

Room Tip: Second or third floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Anthony S, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
ScottyTravels,

Thank you for leaving a review on our hotel and your stay. I apologize that you did experience a couple minor issues during your stay; however, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the other amenities that we have to offer. On behalf of the entire Doublewood staff, we hope to serve you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Theres Parking around back for large vehicles/trucks. The rooms are nice, theres lots of friendly staff. Overall its a very good place to stay.

I cannot comment on value as my employer pays for the room.

• Stayed August 2013
Anthony S, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on our hotel and your stay. The parking we have available certainly is a plus! No spot is really too far away. I know our staff always appreciates hearing how friendly they are. We strive to provide the best customer service available. Thank you again for staying with us and leaving a review, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Checked in during what seemed to be "rush hour" and the front desk people were mpre than helpful and very friendly. Stayed for 2 days and didnt have a problem with anything. All around good time and friendly faces everywhere.

Room Tip: If you have kids...get close to the pool!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Anthony S, General Manager at Baymont Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Jack,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on your stay. I am extremely pleased to hear that you found our staff very helpful and friendly. We strive to give our guests customer service that not only meets their expectations, but exceeds them. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to serving you again!

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!