“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 45 Hotels in Fargo
Winnipeg, Canada
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

As a couple with 2 dogs we were at the Doublewood in Fargo Oct. 14-16,2011. Since we booked so late we got a room that was handicap friendly which is fine but the shower was a 2 out of 10 for usability as the faucet was continually sticking. The lighting was horrible over the sink so to avoid looking like a clown I brought the sidetable lamp to put over the sink to put on my makeup. Also, one of my dogs retrieved a dirty dusty sock from under the bed! The deciding factor about not going back is the dingyness of the common areas and the fact that there were 2 weddings and one with a live band occurring on Saturday evening. We FINALLY fell asleep just after 2 a.m. When we brought it up with the front desk there was no apology, no effort to compensate there was NOTHING. For $260 for 2 nights I will shop around and not go back to the Doublewood location.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Bernie E, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Fargo Doublewood Inn, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
Thank you for staying with us. We take our customer satisfaction very serious. We are all about taking care of our customers and make improvements.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Coon Rapids, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stayed at the Doublewood on Oct. 7,2011 7 and Oct 8 2011, which is always the place that we stay in Fargo,ND. We go there several times a year to see relatives & friends. It's located close to shopping and Interstate Highways, customer service is always wonderful and always with smiles. The spacious rooms are affordable yet they have every convenience for us right there at the Hotel. The food is so yummy in their restaurant. Try the popovers with honey butter! Jan& Tom Z.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for stay ing with us. You are so right the popovers are yummy. Come back and see the new changes to the menu and enjoy one of Chef's signatures dishes.
Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011 via mobile

Hotel was large and spread out. The room was not exceptionally big but were clean with decent television and Internet access. The restaurant served good food.

• Stayed September 2011
Thank you for staying with us. Our staff looks forward to seeing you again. We are constantly upgrading our hotel. New wall paper in the sleeping rooms. 32" flat screen tv's. Our Chef is always keeping our menus fresh.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

May I recommend the Doublewood Inn if you are traveling to the Fargo-Moorehead area. It is conveniently located to all major attractions -- right off Interstate 29. I stayed two nights. I really enjoyed dinner in the dining room and highly recommend the seafood bisque-- its excellent. Nice bar on location with fantastic patio. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Doublewood was a great value all the way around.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to taking care of you on your next visit. We pride ourselves on our customer service.
Centennial, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

The room was so smelly, bugs in the room, there was rotten food in the fridge. I told the staff the morning at check out and they could of cared less about the condition of the room. Very dated, the room must have been a smoking room at one time because the ceiling was so yellowed and very dirty. Will never ever stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stayed here in May of 2011 for a weekday business trip. I had previously stayed at this property 16 years ago for other business, but it had been that long since I had been back. Not a lot has changed at this hotel. It looks like they had done some remodeling inside the hotel, but the rooms looked practically the same. It is your typical Best Western with conference facilities and a restaurant on site. The front desk was attentive to our needs. The hotel has a pool and the front desk will give you a guest pass to the fitness facility which is around the loop in the back of the hotel. The hotel is conveniently located next to Hooters, which shut down the bar at 11:00pm on us. The hotel also has its own bar which we found to be nice but expensive. The hotel is across the interstate from the West Acres mall, so any shopping you want to do would have to be done by car. There are also restaurants within walking distance of the hotel like Arby’s and the Green Mill. I would revisit this location again, but would consider a hotel closer to the Mall if pricing were not a factor.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

I hate to write a bad report on this Fargo hotel, as it's my hometown and I want to support them, but I feel I must write this review. I just returned from a weekend stay at the Doublewood Inn in Fargo, ND. The room was quite musty and unfortunately, right by an external door to the east parking lot (Room # 176), so I could hear everyone coming and going. This room is also right across from their banquet rooms, so if there's a wedding dance going on, you might as well attend the dance as the music is nearly as loud in the room as it would be in the dance. I finally had to go to my car to get earplugs as I could not sleep between the wedding dance and the external door. I did ask at the front desk if they had another room but I was told that the hotel was "fully booked."

The room was also in some disrepair and it was not clean. The door knob (handle) came off the door when I first arrived so I had to go to the front desk to report this. A maintenance man came and rigged the door so I could get in, but told me that he didn't have a wrench to fix the door. It never did get fixed. The phone didn't work and the room was not as clean as I would expect.

When I checked out today, the front desk staff didn't even ask, "How was your stay?" They didn't even greet me when I approached the desk. All they wondered is if I needed a receipt and that was it. I did tell them again of the issues and they said, "We're sorry..." They certainly didn't try to "make it right."

If you have a family and want to take the kids swimming and don't care a whole lot about a great hotel, this place would work. If you want a decent experience, go elsewhere. I will not be returning!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Fargo Doublewood Inn? Share your experiences!