“Airport stay for cancelled flight” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 15%!
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Fargo
Perham, Minnesota, USA
“Airport stay for cancelled flight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Very convenient to airport with free shuttle or taxi voucher for very early departures. Manager's reception includes food and beer or wine and staff very helpful. Several restaurants within walking distance. Convenient to FargoDome for football or other events.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Tom K, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fargo, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay. I know flight changes and cancellations can be very frustrating so I'm happy you enjoyed your stay during your layover. I hope we can be of service for your future travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had several families staying at this Hilton during our daughter's wedding week. It was a wonderful hotel to stay at, great location, clean and friendly. I highly recommend staying there and when visiting Fargo I will always book a room at the Homewood Suites.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It sounds like you had a great weekend and I am glad we could be a part of it. Congratulations to the bride and groom!
Bismarck, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I loved my stay at the Homewood Suites. I wanted to move in for a week! Very clean room, wonderful shower, comfortable bed, and plenty of space to move around in. As a woman, the amount of counter space for getting ready in the morning is extremely important and my room had plenty. Also, anytime I know I will be sleeping in a hotel I just reserve myself to not really sleeping due to uncomfortable beds and hallway noise - that was not the case here. I slept like I was at home. I really cannot say enough good things about the Homewood Suites in Fargo, ND and I have already started to tell everyone how wonderful my stay was. Thank you so very much.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Tom K, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fargo, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments following your stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay. I hope we can be of service to you if your future travels bring you to Fargo. Thanks again!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here a couple nights for a family wedding. The first 30 mins were not great, as we waited for a good 15 mins for the front desk lady to get off the phone (the person in front of us was already waiting when we got there so I have no idea how long it had been for her too. Answering the phone with people standing there is not cool. Then we got our room on the top floor. As soon as I walked in the overpowering smell of covered up smoke hit me. It was awful. I went to the front desk and he informed me that indeed, these rooms used to be smoking rooms (a year ago). They need to do a complete overhaul of these rooms, as that smell will stay in everything!

However, after we got our second room everything was great! The bathroom vanity area was awesome with great lighting! The ladies will appreciate that. Also in the sink area are full size mirrored closet doors. Nice! The room was nice and clean. The ceiling fan in the bedroom is great. The bed was okay, but too hard for my taste, but everyone is different. The breakfast was awesome, and the caramel rolls were to die for! We were facing the little airport side, but heard no noise (but it was the weekend). Nor did we hear hotel noise, and they were fully booked.
Overall, after the room change it was a great experience.

Room Tip: Don't get the top floor rooms if you are sensutive to smells (used to be smoking rooms)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Tom K, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fargo, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I apologize for how your experience began. I'm glad we were able to rectify the situation and move you to a different room. Please keep us in mind for your future travels to Fargo.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel is convenient to everything. The rooms are all suites so if there are 2 of you there is room to spread out. There is even a full kitchen with fridge, microwave, dishes, etc. , so you could move in and stay a couple of months. We had a view of the Coast Guard Air Field but never heard a plane. The staff is very welcoming and friendly. Breakfast is included, there are eggs, bacon, sausages and you can even make your own waffles. Again, a great stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us. We greatly appreciate the business and hope we can be of service if your future travels bring you to Fargo.
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed for a weekend with friends! Room was very clean and roomy. Pool was terribly cold for little kids, but they enjoyed it anyways! We like to all hang out as a group in the evenings, so we were able to rent a meeting room and all be together as a group without getting kicked out for being too loud in our rooms!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your comments following your stay with us. I appreciate the feedback and am happy to see you enjoyed your stay. We have a great housekeeping crew and I will pass along your comments. They do a great job keeping the hotel looking like new. Thanks again!
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were very pleased with our brief stay at Homewood Suites in Fargo. We arrived a bit earlier than standard check-in time but that was no problem and we were offered our one-bedroom suite without delay by the friendly young woman at reception.

The location was excellent - across the street from both the Fargo Air Museum and the Fargodome, up the road from downtown Fargo and not too far from the Interstates. We were close to everything but the location was a touch less hectic than the motels clustered around the West Acres Mall, despite our being adjacent to the airport.

Space in the suite was good and more than we needed - a fully stocked kitchen down to the dishes and utensils, a small dining table, full living room and a separate bedroom. The furniture was basic and is not going to win any design awards but it was more than sufficient for our purposes on what was essentially a road trip. The bed was comfortable.

Continuing the friendly theme, the two women who were at the front desk when we returned from visiting the Air Museum went out of their way to help us find a restaurant open on a Sunday night (not easy in Fargo) that also served bison (also not easy). Ultimately, we found Maxwell's on our own and had an amazing dinner (see separate review) but the point is that the hotel staff could not have been more helpful at every turn.

Another nice feature about the hotel is that full breakfast and Internet is free, and while the breakfast was hardly Michelin-worthy, again it was adequate before hitting the road again. And the Internet worked just fine.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Fargo? Share your experiences!