“Great experience all the way!” 5 of 5 stars

701-526-0149
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Monte's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 272 Restaurants in Fargo
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 2nd Ave.
Litchfield, Minnesota
“Great experience all the way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Monte's is a wonderful restaurant. From location to decor to service, and especially for the menu, I highly recommend this place. I was there for lunch last time, and even a "hamburger" is nothing like what you would get at another place. The food is excellent and interesting. Be sure to try their desserts also.

Visited November 2013

“Best of the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I had the opportunity to enjoy an evening meal at monte's which included a couple of phenomenal appetizers. The spicy red curry meatballs (my new favorite appetizer) and shrimp skewers that we're different than anything I'd ever had and I would highly recommend. The entree I was able to enjoy was also to die for! The service was exceptional and had a very friendly staff. I will definitely be back soon!

• Visited April 2014
“Great Lunch Option!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Had an opportunity to have some out of town business guests over to Monte's for lunch. All of our party had a great lunch, with each of us having a different choice. I had the walleye - it was fantastic - even though I normally do not prefer fish. Highly recommended for a slightly upscale lunch (our entrees averaged about $11-12 each), but still very affordable (you'll spend almost as mush at Erbert's). Food was high quality too!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wickford, Rhode Island
“Soup to dessert - all fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Having lunch at Monte's on a trip to Fargo was a good choice. Rich, creamy crab bisque (I'm a soup lover) followed by the Asian Salmon - not under or overcooked - was more a dinner than a lunch. A draught beer from an interesting variety, hit the spot. My companion ordered the Po' Boy, and being from Alabama, he said it rivaled any deep South version.

Lunch was so satisfying we returned for dinner the next evening so I could have salmon again! This time the soup trio as appetizer. Nice offering - being able to sample three different soups - the one with andouille another deep South touch.

Since there were several of us that evening we were able to taste three of the desserts (I'm a sweet lover as well as soup lover). Martini Mousse - decadently good. Ice cream, handmade in the restaurant - three generous scoops. And their signature Dan's cake - a dense confection.
By the way, portions at this restaurant are not skimpy.

Service was good - a seasoned waitstaff who don't refer to diners as "you guys", and who don't ask "are you still working on that?" - two of my dining-out peeves. All in all a pleasing experience in an attractive and comfortable setting. Looking forward to Monte's on my next trip to Fargo!

• Visited August 2013
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

My wife and I went for their Valentines Day dinner. it was great! They were very accommodating when I made last minute reservation and worked us in. We have been to Monte's in the past and have always had a great experience. Will definitely be back and recommend to all.

• Visited February 2014