“Good Times” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Colorado Springs
“Good Times”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I found the staff at this restaurant to be "over the top" friendly and customer-oriented. The beer sampling idea is awesome, sort of like wine flights. All the beers are brewed on premises in proudly visible sparkling clean vats, and the selections vary by season. This is coming from a non-beer-drinker; I decided to try a sip of a couple of the ones on my husband's side of the table. Well presented, interesting, tasty. Food-wise: everything on the menu looked good. Unfortunately I made the wrong choices for my palette, the steak was overly salty and everything seemed overly buttered -- this may be because my style of eating is much less salty and buttery than the typical Midwesterner, going along with my non-beer drinking lifestyle. (more salt=more thirst=more beer?) The atmosphere of this restaurant is casual, beautiful, full of families, people of all ages and all sorts of relationships. One little boy in a camouflage jacket sat with a huge table of people and in front of him was a huge plate, bigger than his head - overflowing with barbeque ribs and all the sides. He had a huge grin on his face which none of the family members noticed because each one of them was grinning and digging into their own huge platters of food. This was the basic theme of the customer experience, happy customers and a wait list out the door.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“MMMMMM.....Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

My wife's favorite restaurant in Fargo. We've never had a bad meal here, and I'm slowly making my way through there selection of micro beers.

Visited April 2014
“Best Brewery in Fargo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful dining experienced. My family and I ate at Granite City twice in as many days and were delighted both times. Great food and great Micro-Brew.

Visited April 2014
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Sorry, Expected more.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Sorry, but we expected more from reading all the great reviews.
We were her last SAT night, and of course it was very crowded. You can call in up to 90 minutes ahead of time and get your name on the list. That part worked great. We were seated within 5 minutes, while others continued to wait.

Had a great server also. And saved room for the big cookie as recommended by others here....good call! And the beer was great---no problem there!

Our issue is with the kitchen. The shrimp in my tacos was cold as well as the veggies on my wife's place--her steak was good though. Also the description said 'grilled' shrimp and instead it was breaded/fried. The Mac/cheese kids meal was just a bowl of M&C....nothing else for $4. We asked and received some fruit to go with it.

We were hungry, so we did eat the items and they did have nice flavor. We let the Manager know of our disappointment when he stopped by and and he was very understanding and did provide us a small discount to our bill which we passed onto our server as added tip.

Hopefully it was just a one bad instance.......in general the reviews here are very good and the place was packed with a waiting line....so it must be popular. And much of our experience was good. I have been at other GC's and had excellent experiences.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Fargo, North Dakota
“Go hungry !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great menu choices, excellent service, the main dinning area alittle noisy, we tend to sit in the bar area that has booth against the wall

• Visited March 2014