“WOW” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Winnipeg, Canada
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Arrived in Fargo a bit late on the way to Missouri. Found one of the last hotel rooms and then off to Granite City Food and Brewery. We arrived ten minutes before the main menu items would not be served and were informed us this as soon as we arrived. Our waitress came to take our order quickly so we could still order off the main menu. My husband and I both ordered steaks, I added crab and bernaise on mine. The amount of crab on the steak was a meal in itself and both meals were made to perfection. . . the staff was outstanding. Can't wait to drive through or visit Fargo again so we can have the pleasure of dining at Granite City.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Fargo, North Dakota
“What happened?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I have recently transferred to Fargo and always looking for a good restaurant. Granite City has been "the place". They have had good food and excellent beer. The beer is still excellent. What happened to the food? More so…what happened to the service? The last 2 times we have been there, the service has been awful. Tonight I ordered sirloin with asparagus, broccoli and mushrooms. Steak and asparagus arrived, nothing else. Waiter showed halfway thru the meal and said the rest would arrive. End of meal, viola! Mushrooms!! We were here a week ago and received the same service. We thought it was just a fluke. Wanting the service we received several months ago.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Great burgers, wonderful chopped salad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The beers were good, we especially liked their IPA. The food servings were massive--I had the small version of the chopped salad and could barely finish it, and it was excellent. Burgers wonderful too. We had no room left for desserts...

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Winnipeg, Canada
“A ver;y enjoyable lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Had recently spent a couple of days in Fargo and had gone to Granite City for lunch. My husband and I both enjoyed our meals. The cheddar and ale soup was delicious; my asian salad was good but found the dressing rather sweet; the chicken was nicely done. Was a wonderful day to sit out on their patio. Would definately come back, even though I prefer to try places other than franchise establishments

Visited August 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
“Good Food, Good Beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Sat at the bar and had a nice meal. I had a good steak which they overcooked the first time. Without any questions when I said it was way overdone, they sent it back and replaced it. This is the kind of service that makes me return to a place. The second steak was excellent. Good quality. Beer is good and reasonably priced and fresh. The bartenders are a little overbearing. It's probably just me, but I don't like it when they introduce themselves, shake my hand, and ask me my name. And then continue to talk. I guess that comes of as crabby on my part. I like friendly, just not in-my-face friendly. I would certainly go back. Again, good food and beer.

• Visited July 2012