“No Elevator for Those With Mobility Issues” 3 of 5 stars

C'mon Inn - Fargo
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4338 20th Ave SW, Fargo, ND 58103   |
Ranked #22 of 47 Hotels in Fargo
Winnipeg
“No Elevator for Those With Mobility Issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2014

Upon our arrival, we were extremely upset to find that there was no elevator! I have arthritis in one knee which makes it very painful to climb stairs especially with luggage. Really!!! No elevator these days with a front senior populations. Unbelievable.
Thee was no alternate room available on the first floor. We wer stuck climbing and struggling. Had to rest between stairs and on the top. Awkward to say the least.
Expensive for not having an elevator at $400 for 3 nights.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask to be placed on the first floor if you have any issues with climbing stairs especia...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Paul H, Director of Sales at C'mon Inn - Fargo, responded to this review, October 28, 2014
Thank you for sharing with us your experience at the Fargo C'mon Inn Hotel & Suites.

I apologize that we were unable to offer you a first floor room when you checked in. I am however, happy to find that our staff was able to accommodate you by moving you to a first floor room for the the remainder of your three nights stay. We do recommend that when guests have special requests, that they book directly with the hotel so we are aware of those needs and can make arrangements to fulfill such needs.

While we are usually able to accommodate guests with mobility issues with a first floor room, we are currently evaluating adding an elevator in the near future which would be a nice addition. Hopefully you will give us another opportunity to earn your business the next time you our visiting our city!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Tacoma, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014

I had one of the rooms that overlooked the jacuzzi area and it was hilarious! I've never been to a hotel like this before. The rooms are standard, nothing fancy. Beds were comfortable. Room was clean, but a little worn. Breakfast was good. Staff was very friendly. I've been on a road trip across the country, and my favorite hotel was this one! If you can get past the dated decor, you will have a great stay.

Room Tip: The rooms with the indoor balcony are great!
Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Paul H, Director of Sales at C'mon Inn - Fargo, responded to this review, October 21, 2014
Mr. McCray,

Thank you for taking the time to review the C'mon Inn Hotel & Suites of Fargo. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us on your cross-country road trip (and that we were your favorite thus far!).
We would have to agree that our rooms are getting a bit dated. The hallways & courtyard both have recently been renovated, and the rooms are next on that list! We are hoping that the process will start within the next year.
Thanks again for choosing the C'mon Inn, and we hope to serve you again in the future!
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2014

They had me with the name, but the place did not disappoint. Great enclosed center courtyard with multiple (5 or so) hot tubs, lots of sitting areas, and an indoor pool. All of it was clean. Staff very helpful.

Room Tip: the rooms overlooking the large indoor courtyard have balconies, which is nice
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Paul H, Director of Sales at C'mon Inn - Fargo, responded to this review, September 22, 2014
Gene,

Thank you for taking the time to review the C'mon Inn Hotel & Suites! I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay in the 2 queen balcony room.
We look forward to any future stays at one of our seven properties!
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel quite a few years ago and chose it based on location, amenities, and past experience and was not disappointed this time around. Check in was fast and efficient. Stayed in an executive king room and it was really comfortable - comfy and clean. The bed was nice, linens clean and soft, lots of pillows, and the room was a nice size. Bathroom was really clean and comfortable for two people. The fridge in the room was a nice bonus too. Love the courtyard and hot tubs throughout. All were clean and at a decent temperature. Nice place to sit and relax after a day of driving and shopping. They even had a pasta buffet at night. We didn't take part it in but it smelled decent. The complimentary breakfast was also good. Basic pastries, toast, bagels, oatmeal, eggs, waffles, juice, coffee, tea, etc. Lots of options for people to choose from and it was kept clean and stocked. This is a great place for families and sports teams to stay and even couples too. I would not hesitate to book this hotel again in the future and would recommend it to people who need a night or two in Fargo.

Room Tip: Families - ask for a courtyard room for easy access to the pool area and couples/business people, as...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
ShannyBear,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on the C'mon Inn Hotel & Suites. I am happy to read that your overall stay was satisfying, and that you enjoyed the amenities that we offer. Hopefully you are able to take part in our evening social that runs Monday through Thursday during your next visit with us. We feel that offering a wide variety of fresh breakfast items, there will be something for everybody!
Also, I am pleased to see that you were satisfied with the overall cleanliness of the property, as we do pride ourselves in cleanliness.
Thank you for the recommendation to others, and we look forward to your future stays with us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

We loved how close the hotel was to I-94, and to the West Acres Mall. The courtyard area was great with seating right outside our door which was wonderful for the hot breakfast self-serve that was provided. Great hotel for family travellers.

Stayed August 2014
Paul H, General Manager at C'mon Inn - Fargo, responded to this review, September 22, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the courtyard as well as our hot breakfast. It does provide a nice place to relax and eat without feeling crowded as I know I've experienced at some places when the breakfast gets busy. I hope we will see you again the next time you are in the area!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This hotel has a large courtroom with hot tubs just outside of the "pool side" rooms. The pool is located in it's own room, minimizing noise. They have created a very relaxing environment.

The room itself was very clean. My only complaint was with the closed in hot tubs in the courtroom, the room was hot and humid at night. Adjusting the ac didn't seem to help.

Overall, this is an excellent place to stay!

Stayed August 2014
generalmanager6, Director of Sales at C'mon Inn - Fargo, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Heather,
I'm glad to read that that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Fargo C'mon Inn. I would definitely agree that our indoor courtyard is a very relaxing area to enjoy year round.
I apologize that you found your room uncomfortable We encourage our guests during their stay to let us know of any issues so that we may resolve the issue as soon as possible.
We hope to serve you again with future stays!
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Let me start by saying that the front desk was exceptionally helpful in resolving any (controllable) problems we ran into while staying here for two nights. We stayed a Saturday and a Sunday - Saturday was a full house, LOTS of kids and families, as well as teams. If that describes you, this is a great place to stay - also if you are travelling with other families/couples, as there is a huge common area with tons of seating so you can visit with friends.

We had some cleanliness issues in the bathroom when we arrived, which I won't get into here, as they were more than helpful in fixing them as mentioned before. I will say however that once our bed linens were changed with the bathroom linens on our second night, there were a few pillows with long black hair on them - which neither I nor my husband have. Yuck. All I can say is if you run into problems such as these, don't be hesitant to ask the front desk for a discount on your stay as they did this for us - this completely turned my previously unfavourable view into a much more positive review.

For us as a couple travelling alone, I don't think we'll be back. If we have a family, and/or travel with other families in the future, we might reconsider staying here. The pool area and four hot tubs were very busy with other families, so didn't afford us much privacy even with four separate tubs. They weren't exceptionally hot either, but we were okay with that. Very beautiful atrium/hot tub area.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet area, don't get a poolside room! If you are travelling with a group though...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jenwpg,
I'm pleased to see that your overall stay was enjoyable and that our staff was willing to listen and resolve any issues and concerns that were brought to our attention. We do pride ourselves in cleanliness and this issue was brought forward to our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening again in the future.
At times, especially some weekends, the courtyard area does get crowded and noise levels do rise and we do try to control this as much as possible. During the week this is seldom an issue as majority of our guests are business travelers.
I do regret reading that you could not find the desired privacy that you were seeking in one of the five hot tubs, and that you felt like the water temperature was too low. Unfortunately, the city does have regulations in place that keep temperatures below 104* and currently we have our hot tubs set at 103*.
Hopefully you will reconsider the C'mon Inn again in the future when you are traveling through, especially when traveling with family!

Been to C'mon Inn - Fargo? Share your experiences!