“Acceptable Korean, off-the-chart low value” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #149 of 252 Restaurants in Fargo
Cuisines: Japanese, Korean
Kansas City, Missouri
“Acceptable Korean, off-the-chart low value”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I'm a seasoned restaurant veteran, I travel 46 weeks a year and eat out 3-4 times/week. I've eaten Korean food all over the US. The food here is decent Korean food. The flavors were on-target, the ingredients were fresh, and the presentation was competent. The restaurant was clean (I even got a peek into the kitchen). Although there was only ONE server visible, the service was not terrible. (It was also not good - It was just okay.)

My main gripe was the VALUE. I've eaten Korean at multiple spots in several expensive markets (San Francisco, Chicago, etc), but I've NEVER seen such high prices for such small portions. Other Korean restaurants serve six to nine small dishes of "side dishes", which are generally refilled for free without any trouble. We got THREE tiny dishes each (two of us), and we were not offered refills. $22 for Bulgogi is about 50% more than I've paid anywhere else. And the portion was smaller. And the onions were WAY under-cooked. And the metal plate was not sizzling hot. (Not hot at all.) Advice to owner: you are WAY too focused on food-cost and labor-cost. If you want to succeed, you have to make some serious changes to your price/value equation. I wish you success, but as it stands now, I predict failure.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Favorite Fargo Sushi.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Dinner combo of edamame, miso salad and star roll was excellent. Son really liked the teriyaki chicken combo.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fargo, North Dakota
“BBQ Fun @ own table!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

You can cook for yourself. We got two regular rolls and split the pork bulgoni entree for lunch and it was more than enough for 2. I think it gets more crowded at night but we had no trouble getting seated and food out quickly.

For a change in the regular...hit this place up. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The BBQ was delicious!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fargo, North Dakota
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

101 Sushi is mediocre at best. There really is not a lot of flair or originality regarding their sushi. I have not yet had the opportunity to check out the grill. They do have some great specials.

Visited November 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
“Excellent Sushi!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Not being from Fargo, we weren't sure what to expect and my table of five enjoyed the food! Service was somewhat slow and their red wine was warm but what can you expect at a Korean place.

Visited December 2012