Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites Fargo / I-29 / I-94 / West Acres to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites Fargo / I-29 / I-94 / West Acres
GreenLeadersBronze level
LosAngeles, CA
“Nice Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We recently stayed here and had a nice stay. The front desk was friendly and they definitely cater to the airlines as we had to wait in line behind a reservation to check in, but the airline people got to check in parallel with the new reservation. The air conditioning was very loud, which is common in this class of hotel, but not to my liking. The shower was a short plastic enclosure - no tile, which makes you feel "value" in the bathroom. The cookies had long run out when we returned at 10, which was disappointing, but understandable as chocolate chip cookies are always good. It looked like there was a manager's reception during the week, which we did not attend, but would be very nice and add even more value to the room. The breakfast had more items than many other hotels in this class - make your own parfait, oatmeal with different mix-ins, make-your-own waffles.

I would recommend the hotel if you want to pay under $100/night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Fargo / I-29 / I-94 / West Acres, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I am so happy to hear you found our staff to be friendly and you enjoyed our Be Our Guest Breakfast! We appreciate your feedback and I will be passing your comments along to our staff. We hope to see you next time you travel to Fargo!

Sales Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Mooreton, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great room, nice pool and the breakfast was better than a restaurant. The breakfast staff was very attentive. Couldn't believe all the choices. Eggs benedict, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, fresh oatmeal & pastries.
Also had a drink in the lounge the night we arrived which was very nice. The exercise room looked great too, although I didn't have time to use it.
Staff was always friendly always smiling.

Room Tip: We were in a suite in the NW corner. Very quiet despite being along 13th avenue.
Green Features: They use real dishes and silverware for breakfast. No more paper plates and plastic forks!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Fargo / I-29 / I-94 / West Acres, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review! I am so happy you enjoyed our Be Our Guest breakfast and the Country Pub lounge during your stay. I have shared your comments with our staff and we all hope to see you again on your next trip to Fargo.

WINNIPEG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Nice size room, clean, comfortable beds, nice amenities including pool and hot breakfast for a very reasonable rate. We go to Fargo 3-4 times a year and have made this our go to hotel our last few visits. Walking distance to many stores including liquor mart and 24 hour grocery store. Friendly staff encourages guests to meet with pub incentives (free beverage for Carlson club members, sign up was free) and we always meet friendly and interesting people from many places.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed some of the various amenities we have to offer including our Be Our Guest breakfast and lounge. We are so honored you have chosen us as your "go to hotel" in your last few visits and we look forward to your next stay!

Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Property has been well kept, but is showing some age. Staff were very friendly, and demonstrated good customer service. Breakfast was ok, although not the best continental breakfast compared to similar hotels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Fargo / I-29 / I-94 / West Acres, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. I am delighted to hear you had a good experience with our staff and the customer service we provide. I apologize that you did not enjoy our Be Our Guest Breakfast. Each day we offer a different variety of hot food items. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I go this property when ever I can get in. The manager seems to be able to motivate staff and the customer service experience is excellent.
Breakfast is diverse - rooms are clean - check in and check out is always smooth and pleasant.
Although it is an older Country Inn it has had some renovations and the location is super for shopping on the east or west side of the interstate.
I will keep staying there as long as the rates are good and the service stays excellent - well done to the Manager of this establishment.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room on the top floor facing the Cash Wise Food Store as it is quieter than the s...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Fargo / I-29 / I-94 / West Acres, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you continually experience the great customer service we strive to provide! I have passed your comments on to our staff and we look forward to your next stay.

Winnipeg, Manitoba
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband booked our stay at the Country in and Suites because of a good rate we were getting. This was our last stop on a road trip to do some shopping before heading home. Like many Canadians who live just over the border we often come to Fargo to shop or for a quick escape, so we have stayed at many places over the recent years. This was our first stay at this hotel.

For those who have never been to Fargo there are many hotels in the general area; close to West Acres Mall and the big box stores. This hotel has had excellent reviews so I did go in with high expectations.

Our room was spacious and did have a fridge and microwave. It presented as clean on arrival and it was clear that updates had been made over the years. The room had elements of the 90's, 2000's and more recent updates to bedding etc. but it was clear that a large scale renovation had never occured at any single time. The room was comfortable and did meet oyr needs.

This is not a structure that was built to minmize sound. We could clearly hear what was happening in the rooms above, below and beside us. Add to this the fact that this hotel is on a major street and is situated on a parking lot that is shared with a supermarket and gas stations, as well as a restaurant. There is no greenspace buffer so the outside noise comes in loud and clear. If you are a light sleeper this may not be the place for you. For a couple of nights we could easily deal with these minor disturbances but I probably would not have been able to over look this for a longer stay.

The service in general was good ans staff friendly. Pool area was clean and quiet while we were there. The gym however is very small with limited equipment.

The breakfast was good with the expected variety but nothing that put the experience "over the top." Breakfast on weekdays ends at 9:30 am so you need to get down early. We arrived at 9:10, as did many other guests and some items were low or gone and there was only one staff attendant to manage the area. She seemed to be torn about whether to top up items or start cleaning up. I would suggest that if breakfast is going to end this early food items be topped up right until 9:30 and clean up is only started after the "official" end time.

The location is good like many other hotels; close to all the major shopping areas, but the surrounding area is not as nice as properties situated on the west side of the interstate which has direct access to many restaurants, shops etc.

Although there are some drawbacks, I would stay here again for a short stay and the right deal. However, if I were picking a hotel as not just a place to sleep and to be more of a get-a-way, there are other options in this area that I think fit that bill more appropriately.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Fargo / I-29 / I-94 / West Acres, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad that the hotel staff, amenities, and location were well suited to your needs, but I would like to apologize for the noise issues you experienced. I will also pass on your concerns with the food availability to our breakfast attendants to avoid this problem in the future. I hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Grand Forks, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times over the last few years, the last time in May.

I was there for the Fargo marathon weekend. When I came to check in, I was offered a free upgrade as a member of their points program.

My room was awesome. Quiet, big, in the corner. Fridge hidden in the dresser. Not sure if there was a microwave as I didn't look...

I have a love/hate relationship with the cookies they always have in the lobby. The staff is wonderful and very cheerful. The place is always nice and clean, well lit.

I love, love, love the location. Right by the mall, many restaurants (Green Mill right behind). Gas stations. Interstate close by.

I just don't have a bad word to say!!

I felt the price matched up just fine.

• Stayed May 2013
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Fargo / I-29 / I-94 / West Acres, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review and naming us "the place to stay in Fargo!" I am so glad you enjoyed your upgraded room and some of the amenities we have to offer. We do have a mini fridge and microwave in all of our guests rooms as well as fresh cookies daily in our lobby. We hope to see you back next year for the 10th year of the Fargo Marathon!

Sales Manager

Been to Country Inn & Suites Fargo / I-29 / I-94 / West Acres? Share your experiences!