“Excellent Front Desk Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites Fargo / I-29 / I-94 / West Acres

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites Fargo / I-29 / I-94 / West Acres to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites Fargo / I-29 / I-94 / West Acres
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3316 13th Avenue South, Fargo, ND 58103   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #17 of 45 hotels in Fargo
Cass Lake, MN
“Excellent Front Desk Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I booked via Expedia using the wrong date. Amanda called Expedia, corrected (my) error at check-in and provided us with an upgraded room at the same discounted price. It was well beyond what was expected. The room was clean and comfortable. However, the hotel is in the process of a much needed remodeling project. The lobby and dining area was very small and uninviting. If you're on a tight budget and willing to overlook some cosmetic blemishes - the service and clean rooms makes it an excellent value.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Fargo / I-29 / I-94 / West Acres, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am so glad that Amanda was able to assist you in correcting the date on your reservation. I will make sure to pass your comments on to her. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back next time you are in Fargo!

132 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Rooms are spacious, had room with a king size bed which was comfortable. Was undergoing some renos, but otherwise clean and quiet. We switched to this facility as some of the other hotels in Fargo were headed in the wrong direction. Will continue staying here for future trips.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Fargo / I-29 / I-94 / West Acres, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your great review! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad you found your room to be spacious and comfortable and we look forward to having you back on your next trip to Fargo.

All the best,

Bagley, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Because we have always enjoyed our stays at Country Inns elsewhere, we decided to reserve a room here. I would consider us to be loyal customers. Although the front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating, that is were it ends. When we checked into our room it was an icebox. More than two hours later the bedroom was warm but the living room and bathroom were still very cold. They moved us to a much smaller room than what we wanted, and that room was terribly warm, to the point where we had to completely shut down the heating system until early morning. We checked out early because we could not tolerate the temps any longer. The options available for the continental breakfast were not near what we have experienced at other hotels, including those of lesser value and even at an early hour some items had already run out. No one was tending the meal bar and updating it. The rooms reminded me of staying in a hotel of much lesser value. The housecleaning staff were rude in the halls and on the elevators and should be replaced.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fargo_CountryInn, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Fargo / I-29 / I-94 / West Acres, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are truly sorry for the problems you encountered during your stay with us. It is important to us that all of our guests have a comfortable and enjoyable stay and I apologize that you did not have a good experience. I would like to share my contact information with you to be able to follow up with you personally on this matter. Please contact me at your earliest convenience and I will make sure that your next stay with us will be a memorable one.

Brad Renslow
701-234-0565
cx_frgo@countryinns.com
Cavalier, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I did receive a reply from the manager after my post regarding our september visit being less than satisfactory, inviting us back with an incentive to try again. We did return to the hotel in December staying in a suite. Our stay was very satisfactory - despite facing a busy street, the room was quiet, clean, and comfortable. Definitely a better experience this time.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you were able to return to our hotel and enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again in the future.

All the best,

Brad Renslow
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I just returned from 2 nights in Fargo at the Country Inn & Suites. It was perfectly pleasant, clean and well-appointed rooms. It was handy to restaurants, shopping and the interstate. The room was large and had two queen beds. The beds were fine, ok on the comfort side but with nice linens. The room had a mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom was large. The only weird thing was the room had all the equipment for an elderly person - stool for the shower, bars, etc. The breakfast room/lounge was under renovation so we had to eat breakfast in the lobby area. It was nice but there were not a lot of tables. The hot breakfast was good - eggs & sausage, breads & pastry, yogurt, fruit, cereal, hot drinks. They also had a hospitality bar in the evening with beer, etc which we didn't make use of. A nice place to stay while shopping in Fargo.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Fargo / I-29 / I-94 / West Acres, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the different amenities we have to offer in our rooms. Our breakfast/lounge area is currently being renovated and it scheduled to be completed by the end of December. We hope you will stay with us again on your next shopping trip in Fargo!

Stanley, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I've always liked Country Inn and Suites anywhere I go. This wasn't too much the exception to the rule.
Stuff I liked: Hotel room was nice, I LOVE their pillows!! What I really liked was that the hotel room was immediately warm when I walked in, I didn't have to crank up the heat (which I usually have to do at other places). Employees are all very nice too. Loved the fact there was a computer there to print out some papers I really needed for a presentation that morning. Breakfast was pretty good. It's a really good location, as well--close to everything.

I don't know what to say really about the restaurant, I think it was under construction??

Nitpicky stuff I didn't care for: With a little one on the way, what I got really annoyed with was the fact that there's complimentary coffee served, but nothing else. I am trying to stay away from drinking coffee while expecting, and would have liked at least some water--and no, I do not find going to the drinking fountain or tap water to be an acceptable alternative.
Also, to the managers--you may want to take a look at the electrical problem in the lobby. I kept blowing out fuses whenever I tried using the computer during breakfast--apparently, it just can't handle the computer, coffee machine, and food heaters going on all at once. I didn't mind waiting until after breakfast was done, but that was really bizarre.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Fargo / I-29 / I-94 / West Acres, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our pillows! We are currently updating our breakfast and lounge area at our hotel. Due to the construction, our breakfast area has temporarily moved to our lobby area. With the renovation it may have been harder to locate some of our beverage items. We do serve coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate, water and a variety of juices during our breakfast hours. The temporary location of our breakfast has also put a strain on the electrical capacity in our lobby. We appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. We will try to increase the visibility of all of our breakfast items and work to create a solution to our electrical situation.

Winnipeg MB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is the perfect hotel for us, close to the mall, I29, restaurants, as it is located right on the strip.
The hotel is clean, comfy, and has all that you would require for the weekend get away. For 100$ a night, great value for the service. Breakfast for all 4 of us was an excellent bonus, staff was pleasant, beds were comfortable. I felt safe and clean, considering some of the crap hotels I have visitied in the last 6 months. Thanks so much Country Inn for a great weekend!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Fargo_CountryInn, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Fargo / I-29 / I-94 / West Acres, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you so much for leaving us such a great review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, including the breakfast and staff. We agree that our location is great if you are looking for restaurants and shopping nearby. We hope to see you again on your next weekend trip to Fargo!

Sales Manager

Been to Country Inn & Suites Fargo / I-29 / I-94 / West Acres? Share your experiences!