“Impromtu Staycation!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 47 Hotels in Fargo
Fargo, North Dakota
“Impromtu Staycation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I attended a local event and decided to treat ourselves to a hotel for the evening! We loved the MainStay Suites! When Alaina checked us in, she was so nice and sweet! She covered all of the details of our overnight stay and gave great directions to our room. Our room was awesome! The decor was welcoming and trendy. The King Size bed was so comfortable and the linens were so soft! The bathroom was spacious and the shower was great. Even though our room was close to interstate, we could not hear any street noise! The breakfast was delicious. There were so many options to choose from and everything was fresh. We would definitely recommend this hotel to our friends and family and will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Erik B, Front Office Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Jill F,
First things first, thank you for commenting on your recent "staycation" with us! I am happy to see that you were able to enjoy your stay. Alaina, went above and beyond for you as she does all of our guests-making sure that their stay is as comfortable as can be. Secondly, I ecstatic that you enjoyed your room as much as the rest of our guests do. It has almost been a year since we finished our remodel, and have heard nothing but great feedback from our guests. This just goes to show, that hard work pays off, only from word of mouth, which is you, our guests. Again, I thank you. Your kind words really do go a long way.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The MainStay was a temporary home for me, and I am glad I chose them. I was surprised by the layout and size of the 1 bdrm king suite for the price I paid. It was the perfect place for me during my transition. Besides providing breakfast to their guests 7 days a week, they also try to cater in supper (evening meal) for them M - Th. Pretty nice!! Overall, I am very pleased with my stay and recommend their hospitality.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Erik B, Front Office Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
carla j,
First, I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to comment on your recent visit with us at the Mainstay Suites of Fargo. I am thrilled to see that your 1 bedroom king suite was perfect for you and more than accomodating! Every Monday through Thursday from 6pm-7pm we have this little thing called a Social Hour for our guests. It is where we either have restaurants cater into us or my staff puts something together for our guests. And every once in a while we like to do a little more, be it sub night (with all the fixings), and/or brat night (with all the fixings). We are constantly wanting to expirement with new varieties. Well, to wrap things up, thank you for your reccomendation, I know it is going to go a long way! Again, thank you for commenting on your stay, your kind words go a long with my staff!

Erik Brandenburger,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was very clean and tidy and shortly after we got settled into our room, the front desk called and asked if we needed anything at all which I have never had at any other hotel I have stayed at. They were very accommodating and friendly!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Erik B, Front Office Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Megan E,
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent visit with us at the Mainstay Suites in Fargo! I am so happy that you were able to enjoy your stay while with us. Also, callbacks are to check in on the guest to make sure everything in there room is fantastic, and that if they need anything else to just call down to the front desk. Again, thank you for your kind words, I'll be sharing them with the rest of my staff!

Richardton, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

I was surprised by the size of the room, the comfortable beds, and the cleanliness of this hotel. It is not fancy on the outside, but the inside was recently updated. Our room had 2 comfortable queen size beds, a pull out couch in a living room type area, and a kichenette with a full size fridge, sink, small stove, and pots and pans. We even had popcorn for the microwave, and coffee for the Keurig coffee machine.
The pool was shared by Red Roof Inn next door and was nice. Nothing fancy, no slide, but we enjoyed it.
The breakfast was nice: yogurt, oatmeal with granola, cranberries, and brown sugar, scrambled eggs with bacon, besides your usual toast, muffins and cold cereals. They had real orange juice and good coffee.
The only downside was the heater/air conditioner was somewhat noisy.
Our family will stay here next time we stay in Fargo.

Room Tip: The queen rooms are great for families with several children.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Erik B, Front Office Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, March 24, 2015
HeatherNMichael,
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your wonderful comments on your recent visit with us at the Mainstay Suites of Fargo! We finished our remodeling in the middle of August and try to maintain everything so it will stay nice for our guests in the future. I am happy to see that you were able to enjoy the ammenities provided to you during your stay. We only try to go above and beyond to better serve our guests. I know I can thank you on behalf of my entire team for your kind words. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Timmins
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015 via mobile

We stayed at Mainstay for 6 days and really enjoyed our time there. After a long day of work it was great to come "home" to a clean, beautiful, modern and comfortable room that had everything we needed to be happy. A nice hot tub soak every night really hit the spot and an elaborate breakfast in the morning was ideal. We would definitely stay here agai

• Stayed March 2015
Jennah D, Front Office Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, March 11, 2015
Sofiafofana,
To start things off, I would love to thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to comment on your recent visit with us here at the Mainstay Suites in Fargo! I am happy to see that we were able to accomodate you during your stay to make it more enjoyable for you. "Live Like Home," we only strive to help our guests feel like they are in the comforts of their own home, only to have a home away from home. Again, thank you for your kind words, I'll be sharing them with my entire staff to ensure they continue their good work in providing our guests only the best! We look forward to your next visit while in the Fargo/Moorhead area!

Kind Regards,
Mountain, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

This is my favorite place to stay when I am in Fargo. I always get a great sleep, there beds are most comfortable wish I had that type at home. They just remodeled this last summer and it looks great. Will be coming back time and time again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Jennah D, Front Office Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, February 20, 2015
RickHFS,
Thank you for such kind words regarding your recent visit with us at the Mainstay Suites in Fargo! We always love hearing our guests feedback to better serve them. I know, I too, would love to have one our beds too, they are super comfortable. The staff and I would like to thank you for your continued service, and we will see you again in the near future!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2015

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times before and this was the first time that the room was not cleaned very well. When we moved the footstools there was chips or something on the carpet. The bathroom floor was dirty also.

We used the exercise room, but the elliptical was not working and a new treadmill is probably something that they should invest in.

We will still continue to use this hotel, but next time I will ask that the room be cleaned if not up to my standards.

Room Tip: The suites are very nice with the bedroom off with a door that closes.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Jennah D, Front Office Manager at MainStay Suites, responded to this review, February 10, 2015
Joy V,
To start things off, I would like to thank for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us here at the Mainstay Suites in Fargo. We always value our guests opinions on how to better serve them. Secondly, I would like to state that the room conditon that you experienced is not how we like to run our facility. I can understand your frustration in the situation, and I would feel the same way. I will be taking this to the source so we wont encounter this again in the future. Also, I would like to thank you for your continued support and business to the Mainstay Suites. We look forward to your next stay!

Operations Manager

Been to MainStay Suites? Share your experiences!