“A very nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #30 of 47 Hotels in Fargo
Fargo, North Dakota
“A very nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on June 28, 2012. We had a very nice, clean room, a great bed, a friendly staff and a nice breakfast bar. There were also chicken wings and chips in the evening when we checked-in. We had read some negative reviews but we are happy we ignored them. We stay in Fargo quite a bit of the time and will stay at this hotel again. We had the king suite with the extra bedroom, full kitchen, two televisions. a very comfortable bed and quite honestly everything we needed at a great price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lethbridge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

Having stayed at this location before we looked forward to it again but were a little disapointed time. We had the telephone message light flasinhg away and brought it to the attention of the front desk twice and it was never fixed. It was a little more difficult sleeping with the red light blinking at you all night, we tried covering the flashing area but did bnot want to cover completely as we had a wake cakk for the morning. There was a drawer in the dresser under the TV that we wanted to use but it was full of papers and other junky area. Again mentione dto the staff and told it would be cleaned in the morning. Lastly, when we left we still had not received our wakeup call which was 15 minutes past due. The actual room was very clean (other than that issue) and the setup as expected.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a compact suite, this is it with a king bed which makes more space to move in...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Road Warrior
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

If your trying to decide which Choice Hotel to stay at in Fargo I'd recommend this one. While they are all older properties that are a little on the run down side I think that the Mainstay is overall the best of the bunch.

I've stayed in Fargo numerous times and tried a number of different hotels but I tend to come back to the Mainstay for some reason.I guess it's because you can generally get a good price on this hotel, as long as there is not something touristy going on in Fargo, then you'll have to pay much more then it's really worth, just as you would any other hotel in Fargo.

As I said before the hotel is a little shabby but my room was still clean and comfortable. I honestly think if the manager here had a few more $$$'s to work with this hotel could be pretty nice because it appears to be well run from what I've seen.

The best part by far is the beds, the mattresses are Simmons World Class Beautyrest's and are very very comfortable. I did some of my best sleeping of any hotel I've stayed in in 2012 here, which was a welcome relief as I've been on the road for months.

Another nice thing is the speedy check in, the girl at the front desk was friendly and very fast and as a weary traveler I appreciated that.

One are that could use improving are water pressure, the pressure is absolutely pitiful, I think a drooling St. Bernard has more water pressure coming out of his mouth then the showers at the Mainstay.

Overall I enjoyed my stay and will probably be back unless they raise the prices ridiculously, if that happens I'll probably go to the Staybridge Suites instead next time.

I'll call this one 3.5 stars.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Sauk Centre, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

This place is in a great location near shopping, dining options, & main roads.
Breakfast is alright but wish it changed a bit some days. The happy hour M - Thurs evening is nice for a quick bite or to hold you over until dinner somewhere.
The jacuzzi looked like it hadn't been cleaned for awhile so we were a little leary of using it.
The little kitchen in the room was really nice - full size refridgerator, microwave, dishwasher. Glad not to have to go out for every meal.
The laundry (washers & dryers) was a nice plus & was free.

Room Tip: The 1 bdrm suites are worth the upgrade especially for 2 or more people.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel last year on business. The hotel was clean and the grounds were kept nice. This year, my husband and I were there for the night and the room was kind of shabby, there was an abandoned car in the lot, the staff seemed less caring and the place looked run down. The only exception would be the young lady that checked us in. She was great, and unfortunately I can't remember her name. We stayed April 14 and checked in at 3 pm. This hotel was close to where we needed to be, and I probably would stay again if they cleaned it up a bit.

• Stayed April 2012
roblin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

We needed a handicap accessible room, in which 6 people and a small dog could sleep. Mainstay nicely accommodated all our needs, with plenty of room to spare. Breakfast was awesome, and when my daughter came down with the stomach flu, they bent over backwards to help us out. All for 99$ plus tax. Any other motel we looked at required 2 rooms for our group. Well done, Mainstay! I will stay here again, any city I get a chance!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Mott
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

We got off to a bad start. Check in is 3pm. We arrived at 3:30. Checked in and went upstairs to find our room had not been cleaned. We were told we would have to wait in the lobby while housekeeping did its job. Took about 45 minutes. Nice clean,large room with full kitchen. Desk/Work area is also the eating bar in the kitchen. There is no table to actually sit down to. The shower wasn't the best. Water temps kept fluctuating and pressure at the shower head was only about half of what was available at the tub spout. We were in room 203 directly over the patio. It can be a little noisy. Breakfast was always sausage gravy/biscuits, scrambled eggs, bagels, waffles and sometimes sausage. Coffee is from a dispenser and it is instant. Free laundry was a definite plus. We stayed one week.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to MainStay Suites? Share your experiences!