“Pricy, but DELICIOUS!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Taste of Italy at the Avalon - CLOSED

Taste of Italy at the Avalon
613 1st Avenue North, Fargo, ND 58102 (Formerly Stella's)
(701) 365-0608
Dining options: Reservations
West Fargo
“Pricy, but DELICIOUS!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Some of my most amazing meals have come from this restaraunt. Love the large open area, not crammed into the person next to me. Fresh bread and flavorful soups. So much more on the menu than fetticuni alfredo and lasagna! We had an Italian seasoned steak and a chicken/veggie/pasta dish that was huge and we had to take some home. The service was friendly and attentive, never an empty water glass or unmet need. I just wish it wasn't so expensive, but it makes for a GREAT date night!

Visited December 2011

Fargo, North Dakota
“Outstanding food, service and ambiance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

My husband and I had dinner at Taste of Italy last night and loved everything about the evening. The service was exceptional and the ambiance is really incredible. The restaurant is in a restored historic building with high ceilings and antiques. Greenery is everywhere and twinkling lights add a nice touch. Now to the best part, the food! I ordered the Fettucini Alfredo with sausage and my husband ordered the Lasagna. The noodles and sausage in the Fettucini dish were both home-made and my husband raved about the lasagna. We both said we had found a hidden gem and promised that we would return soon. I would highly recommend the Taste of Italy in downtown Fargo. Although it is alittle tough to get to, being on a one-way street and being downtown, it is well worth finding.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Fargo, North Dakota
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Had a wonderful dinner here and loved the service. New owners really care that your experience is fantastic.

Fargo, North Dakota
“Beautiful setting in historic building with exceptional food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

This restaurant is located in a historic building so the atmosphere is romantic. Great Italian food.

“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Although the outside of the Avalon gives the impression you are about to enter a sterile corporate environment, inside you find a wonderful decor. The menu is limited but filled with a interesting selection of Italian dishes. It is nice to eat at a local restaurant that cooks with fresh ingredients and uses a little creativity in their cooking. We all loved our entrees. The Cesar salad is made with fresh house made dressing that was a bit strong, but as with most fresh made food, it is likely a daily variance in preparation. I'll take it over a bottle of Kraft.

• Visited December 2011