“Convenient Location to Shopping” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 47 Hotels in Fargo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Steinbach, Canada
“Convenient Location to Shopping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. There was an International Kids Hockey Tournament going on in the city and the hotel was booked with hockey teams. We were a bit worried about possible noise, but the staff in combination with parents were very good at keeping things under control after 10pm, and by 11pm it was quiet. The main problem with the room was that the bed was really uncomfortable. It had a firmness adjustment, but I think it was basically hard and "marble-slab" setting. The other problem was that the heating system didn't keep the room a consistent temperature all night. It fluctuated between a hot and cold all night.

Room Tip: The beds with firmness adjustments are extremely FIRM only
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Randal,

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review on our TripAdvisor page. I am glad that you observed a few positive things about our hotel, in our staff and room cleanliness. We take great pride in both our service level and cleanliness of rooms and hotel public areas.

I am sorry to hear that you did not sleep well on our Garden Sleep System bed. You are right in that they are adjustable, however many guests say they tend to feel firm at first, then more comfortable and softer after lying on them for a few minutes. We do have some soft mattress pads available for those who may not like the feel of the bed. Sometimes this makes a great deal of difference in our guest's quality of sleep. If you come back again sometime, just let the front desk know and we can get one for you!

Regarding the temperature in the room, our HVAC units do the best they can in regulating the temperature during our cold North Dakota winters. That being said, I will have our maintenance team take a look at that particular unit, as well as the bed, to ensure it is working properly as well.

If you have any further concerns or would like to discuss your stay with me, feel free to call me at 701-499-6000 or email me at erickson@raymondteam.com.

Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Huron, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at the hotel from Feb 11 through the 15 what a wonderful staff they have. I would like to point out Matt, Tony, And Pearl at the front desk. I have never met a nicer reception anywhere at any other hotel.They made fresh cookies everyday Matt noticed me setting in the lobby waiting for my husband to come back so he brought the tray of cookies to me and asked if I would like one.
When I checked out of my room I was looking at how I was going to get 3 pieces of luggage to the elevator, the house keeper Dennisa ask if I needed help she then picked up one of my suitcases and followed me to the elevator, stepped in with me then followed me to the lobby then asked if I needed anything else? smiled and went back to work

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thanks Joan, for posting about your recent experience at our hotel!

We had a blast serving you and your family while you were here last week. I know for a fact that our team members enjoyed getting to know you just as much as you enjoyed your stay here. It is experiences like this that really makes us enjoy working at this hotel. We really love getting to know our guests.

Thanks for recognizing a few particular team members: Matt, Tony, Pearl, and Denisa. We definitely have been blessed with a number of excellent team members. It is a lot of fun to come to work each day knowing that they're all focused on our guest's 100% satisfaction, no matter what that entails. That's what we're here for!

We can't wait to see you and serve you again in the (hopefully near) future!
Crosby, ND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The accomodations are comfy and attractive. They have access to both printer and faxing, and a computer, if you didn't bring your own. The food is top notch, with enough choices to suit any taste, and all done perfectly and presented well. Room service was fast and affordable, as well as delectable. The fitness center is a very nice touch. We haven't been to the pool area yet, as Tony has managed to find us a hot tub room the past two times we've stayed here. Breakfast is impressive; everything from a choice of yogurts to multiple fresh fruit options to health-conscious cereals, plus made-to-order omelettes (again, done to perfection). There is nothing dicey about the Hilton Garden Inn. We can relax when we've booked a room here; they'll take care of the rest. Keep up the good work; we love you guys!

Room Tip: The rooms we've stayed in have been quiet and comfortable. When we booked our room for this tri...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear BusyB57,

Thank you for taking some time out of your busy day to say something about our hotel here on TripAdvisor. What a pleasure it was for me and the rest of our staff to see the kind words you wanted to share with the TripAdvisor community.

We always enjoy recognizing our employees, so I appreciate that you mentioned Tony within this review. He is certainly a valuable asset to this hotel, along with the rest of our employees, from our housekeeping department to F&B to maintenance, and so on. We all sincerely care about our guests and strive to ensure 100% satisfaction for every guest, every time, no matter the situation.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future! Until then, stay warm :) Spring is just around the corner!
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had trouble booking on line with their web page so called hotel direct and service was prompt, professional and courteous. The room we received was exactly what was requested and was very clean in all respects. We were booked for two days however a wicked storm approaching the city caused a quick departure to the Hilton in Grand Forks (not near as good). We discussed the weather options with the staff on duty at 4pm and he was most helpful. We decided late in day and the staff were very accommodating in allowing us to check out late (1730k) without any additional charges or problems. Hated to leave however the road closures the following day confirmed the decision was timely and correct. The made to order breakfast in the very clean and spacious dining area was absolutely excellent. Fast courteous service and fantastic food. We consider the breakfast in this particular Hilton as one of the key determining factors in where we stay and have never been disappointed and always impressed. Price can't be beat and quality is superb. We are thinking of going to Fargo just to stay in the Hilton, even if we can't think of a good reason to make the trip - yes, it is that great an experience. Management and Staff should be very proud of the standard of excellence and customer satisfaction maintained in this Hilton.

Room Tip: Never had a complaint about any room however the further away from the elevator and ice will minimiz...
Dear Ray,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent experience at our hotel! Unfortunately, travel can be difficult this time of year in North Dakota, but I'm glad you were able to enjoy your time here regardless.

We value all our guests very much, and will always do anything in our power to make sure each guest is 100% satisfied. All of our staff sincerely enjoy coming to work each day (you should ask them next time you come!), and that definitely impacts the way we treat our guests.

I am proud to come to work each day, where I am surrounded by Fargo-Moorhead's best employees! Each one tirelessly works to make sure all guests feel comfortable and happy about being at our hotel (no matter what it looks like outside - cold or warm).

Again, thanks for posting this review. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I have never stayed at a hotel with more friendly staff than this. They continuously go above and beyond you can imagine to be helpful. The breakfast is absolutely amazing and it is well worth the money. The front desk staff was willing to do anything any everything that they could to make our stay better. They had a Wii set up for the children to play during check in or just throughout their stay. This hotel is not one that you should pass up. I have stayed at many Hilton hotels throughout the nation and this by far beats every hotel that I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Kari,

Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel for the TripAdvisor community to see. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that our staff really stuck out as a positive part of your experience. We are really blessed to have the type of people we have employed here - each of them see working here as more than "just a job." It is an opportunity to care for our guests and whatever needs they may have while they're here.

We really look forward to having you back at our hotel in the future, and I would love to personally meet you the next time you stop by!

Thanks again for the review and have a great day!
Enderlin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My check in was easy with a warm welcome. My room was spacious and clean. The housekeeper was more than happy to give me extra tea bags and told me to come to her if I needed anything. But the best part of all is when I went to my car after a nite of heavy snow- My car was brushed off! I was so dreading having to walk through the snow and clean it off. But the lot was clean and so was my car! Made my day. I travel a lot and this will be my go to hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Josh E, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Sharon,

Thank you for taking some time to post a review here on TripAdvisor, and thank you for your kind comments. We actually look forward to snow here (though we could do without the -20+ windchills we've been experiencing!), so that we can get out of the office and do something a little more fun than paperwork, cleaning the snow off our guest's cars :)

We find that many of our guests are not from around here, and might not be prepared to fight off the snow we so often receive, so we take care of it for them - every snowfall, every day, morning or evening.

Again, I really appreciate you taking some time to let other potential guests know about your experience. We look forward to having you back in the future. I would love to meet you the next time you are here!
Dickinson, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The staff are the most wonderful and accommodating people anywhere! From the bar/restaurant staff to the front desk and cleaning crew. They wear a smile, go out of their way to identify and detect guest needs, and want to know their guests. They provide the personal touch we seek away from home!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
To our guest from Dickinson,

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad that our staff made such an impression on you!

We always try to make our guests feel like they're at they're second home by attending to both actual and anticipate needs. We're not perfect, but we always try our best.

We look forward to having you at our hotel again in the future!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Fargo? Share your experiences!