“Surprisingly Nice Rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fargo, North Dakota
“Surprisingly Nice Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I wasn't sure what to expect, but was very pleasantly surprised. The rooms are very well accommodated. The staff and service is fantastic. I highly recommend this hotel.
Note: I did not have any food there so I can't speak to it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Sedi H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
To our guest from Seattle,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. I am glad we were able to provide you with a pleasant suprise! We strive to provide all of our guests five star service, and I am thrilled we were able to deliver fantastic service to you!

If we can be of any further service to you, please don't hesitate to contact me at any time. I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer in the beautiful Northwest!

Thanks again,

Sedi Halvorson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed here on a trip to Canada. The hotel was close to the Interstate, both fast food and sit in restaurants and a Wal-mart (if that's what you look for). The Hotel itself was quiet. We never saw anyone else on our wing of the hotel. They upgraded us to a Jacuzzi room and our kids loved it! The swimming pool was clean and moderate temperature. A great resting stop if you are traveling short or long distances.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
To our guests from Alabama,

I just wanted to pass on my thanks for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay with us. We appreciate all feedback, and I am happy that you and your family enjoyed a nice, quiet stay with us.

Thank you for staying with us, I hope you enjoyed your time in Canada!

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton prior to our flight to Las Vegas. Everything about the hotel is top notch, inluding the staff. The rooms are spacious, clean and well maintained. The pool is your typical business class hotel size but the water was the perfect temperature and super clean. The hotel permitted us to leave our car in their parking lot and shuttled us to the airport. They even picked us up when we returned a few days later! For those looking for a great hotel in Fargo close to shopping, etc - you can't go wrong with the Hilton Garden Inn. Rubber Ducky included!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
To our guests from Winnipeg,

I want to thank you for posting about your stay with us in July! I am thrilled you enjoyed your experience with us, and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I believe my Chief Engineer picked you up from the airport upon your return, and he shared with us how you took pictures with the ducky in Vegas. Hopefully you can share a picture with us, we love to see our duckies traveling the USA!

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience with me and the TripAdvisor community. If we can ever be of further service, just let me know. I hope we see you again soon!

Have a great rest of the summer, I hope you enjoyed Vegas!

Beardsley, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

I, inadvertantly, made a mistake with my reservation dates. My reservation had been rebooked upon arrival. Matt, at the Front Desk, went out of his way to find us a room at a different hotel. Every hotel was booked due to a Nat'l Wrestling Tournament, but he managed the impossible for us. Kudos to Hilton's customer service!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
To our Guest from Beardsley,

Thank you for posting your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am not sure exactly what happened during your stay, but I'm glad Matt was able to assist you with your needs. We strive to make sure we take care of all of our guests, and it sounds like we were able to accomplish this for you.

I hope you enjoyed your time in Fargo, even if it wasn't with us. If I can ever be of assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel at any time.

Have a great rest of the summer!

Sedi
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was a random pick for a hotel in Fargo, for one night at the start of our annual one week vacation with our best friends. We stayed here our first night out on our way to Albertville, MN.
We were awed is the best way to describe our reactions. The hotel is super. The building and landscape is very nice, the lobby, restaurant and bar are on par with or nicer than many many more "expensive, high end" properties we have all stayed at. But with all of that, nothing was more impressive than the staff. From the first front desk agent, Matt, that we met to Cody, Bartender, Jared, Pearl, (front desk agents) Maria, Bartender, the wait staff in the restaurant, the maintenance gentleman who came to fix our lamp immediately after we called, they were all so amazing, that we cancelled our reservations in Grand Forks for our last two nights of holiday and rebooked to stay again at the Hilton Garden Inn in Fargo. There was not another thing that any of the staff here could have done to make our stay any better. The first morning of our return stay, my husband and I slept in, and because we had inadvertantly knocked our phone receiver off the cradle, our friends could not get in touch with us. As such, we missed the breakfast. (The chef did offer to stay and cook for us). Pearl was in charge of the front desk that morning, and although she encouraged us to stay and let the chef cook for us, it was past closing time and we did not want to take advantage. The next morning when we went to the lobby to join our friends for breakfast, Pearl greeted us and said she had made a note to herself that if she did not see us by 9:00 am she was going to call us or come down and wake us herself so we would not miss breakfast that day. We were amazed that she not only remembered us, but took the time to make a note to herself. She knew we would have been okay with her giving us a personal wake up call. Everyone of the staff we spoke with was upbeat and cheerful and genuinely concerned that we have the best stay and service. They all took pride in their hotel, their jobs, their appearance without losing that friendly touch. When we asked how they were able to maintain that demeanor, everyone said "This is the best job I've ever had, and it is so easy to be proud of our hotel". The breakfast was over the top for the price of $9.95 per person; and cooked to perfection by order. We will always stay here from now on, and look forward to seeing the staff again and again. The General Manager, Sedi Halvorson, should use his staff for training other Hilton Garden Inn staff. They have set the bar so high in service, it will be hard to beat them.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor the first night, and the 1st floor close to the pool and spa area on our...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sedi H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
To our guests from Winnipeg,

I can't thank you enough for posting this wonderful review! I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to meet so many of our wonderful associates! I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful group of caring, thoughtful teammates. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, I look forward to meeting you in person the next time you are in Fargo.

I hope you have a great rest of the summer!

Sedi
manitoba canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We recently stayed here for one night with friends. This was our third stay. If it is possible this hotel only has become cleaner and better managed! The manager was very frieindly and explained their satisfaction policy when we checked in. This was our friends first stay at this hotel and they thought the breakfast was better than what you got at Denny's! There was a large wedding reception taking place that evening. There was some noise coming from the reception party, but not too bad. I called the desk to see when the music was ending. Without prompting they gave us a room discount .Wow, way to stand behind your product!
Again many thanks!!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
To our guest from Manitoba,

Thank you for sharing your feedback from your stay with us in June. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I apologize for the noise disturbance that you encountered. We believe in all of our guests being satisfied with their stay, and if there are any issues, we try and make up for them on the spot. It sounds like in this case our team was able to make that happen. I hope that if you are in the Fargo area again, you will come back and stay with us!

If I can be of any further service, please contact me at any time. Have a great rest of the summer!
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We hosted a Graduation reception at this property and were impressed with the professionalism and level of service provided by the Meeting/Catering staff. Our thoughts and concerns were listened to, and then Celeste (the Sales contact) made valuable suggestions and went above and beyond what I would consider normal levels of customer service. During the event, all personnel truly worked as a team, responding to any needs that arose with complaint or "put upon" attitude. For example, we ran out of pre-ordered punch, and they quickly made more for us, after explaining it would take a few minutes since had to be mixed. This explanation was helpful so we had the proper expectations of when to expect the refill to be available.

We also had several guest rooms, and all were clean and pleasant. The common areas of the hotel were well maintained and very clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
To our guest from right here in Fargo,

I wanted to pass along a "Thank You" for sharing your experience here with me and the rest of the TripAdvisor community. I am thrilled we were able to deliver a great experience on a very important occasion. We truly understand how important events are, and we do our best to exceed our guests expectations. I am glad in this case we were able to ensure you had an excellent experience to you and your guests.

If I can be of further service, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time!

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Fargo? Share your experiences!