“Excellent experience with Meeting Services” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4351 17th Ave S, Fargo, ND 58103   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Fargo
Fargo, North Dakota
“Excellent experience with Meeting Services”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We hosted a Graduation reception at this property and were impressed with the professionalism and level of service provided by the Meeting/Catering staff. Our thoughts and concerns were listened to, and then Celeste (the Sales contact) made valuable suggestions and went above and beyond what I would consider normal levels of customer service. During the event, all personnel truly worked as a team, responding to any needs that arose with complaint or "put upon" attitude. For example, we ran out of pre-ordered punch, and they quickly made more for us, after explaining it would take a few minutes since had to be mixed. This explanation was helpful so we had the proper expectations of when to expect the refill to be available.

We also had several guest rooms, and all were clean and pleasant. The common areas of the hotel were well maintained and very clean.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
To our guest from right here in Fargo,

I wanted to pass along a "Thank You" for sharing your experience here with me and the rest of the TripAdvisor community. I am thrilled we were able to deliver a great experience on a very important occasion. We truly understand how important events are, and we do our best to exceed our guests expectations. I am glad in this case we were able to ensure you had an excellent experience to you and your guests.

If I can be of further service, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time!

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We recently stayed two nights at the Fargo Hilton Garden Inn for my cousin's wedding. The facility was very clean and everything seemed new. The front desk staff, restaurant staff and wedding catering staff were all very nice and accommodating. Our room was clean and up to date. My only complaint.... THE BED! I was so looking forward to wonderful sleep after reading about the special beds. I am not sure if our bed was not in working order... but, the dial did not seem to make any difference (Room 225). The bed was rock hard no matter where I had the dial placed. It also was very noisy! Anytime I would roll over - it would creak loudly. It surely was a dissapointment. Luckily, everything else was very nice. I am hoping the bed was a one time thing - otherwise, I am not sure that I would go back to a Hilton Garden Inn. After all, a good night's sleep is an important piece of a hotel stay. Thanks!

As a side note, we also thought the breakfast was complimentary based on something we read... I can' t seem to find it anymore... there must be something out there as I see that others have thought the same thing. Thanks!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sedi H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear almurphy1995,

Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! We are glad that your overall experience was basically a good one. I wish it had been a perfect one, however.

Our Garden Sleep System beds are adjustable - however, from most guest comments, we understand they tend to feel a little on the firm side even after being adjusted. Many guests prefer a bed like that, but to those who do not, we do have soft mattress toppers available upon request. I am sincerely sorry that you did not sleep well. It is our goal that every guest is perfectly satisfied. If you would like to contact us at 701-499-6000, or email me directly at halvorson@raymondteam.com, we would be more than happy to set up a future reservation for you, at our expense.

We understand that our breakfast concept can be somewhat confusing at times, but it is up to us to make it a great experience for each of our guests. In order to reach that goal, we now have a breakfast hostess whose sole job is to make sure all our guests know exactly how our breakfast works. We have a full-service restaurant on site that does serve breakfast for a flat fee of $9.95. All hot, cooked to order items are included in that price, as well as all the self-serve items, such as pastries, fresh fruit, yogurt, etc.

I will make sure to pass along all your compliments to our staff as well!

Again, thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel, and I sincerely hope that you'll come back to see us again in the future!
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

I have no complaints with my stay at this hotel. The staff was friendly, the room was pleasant and very clean, the bed was extremely comfortable. We thought breakfast was complimentary, which it isnt but when we checked in the front desk staff gave us vouchers for a complimentary breakfast the next morning, which was delicious.

We went for a weekend shopping trip and would definitely stay again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
To our guests from Winnipeg,

I just wanted to send you a quick thank you for sharing your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community. We do our very best to ensure all of our guests leave our hotel happy and satisfied with their stay. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a great experience during your shopping trip.

If there is any way I can be of further service, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Have a great summer!
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I was recently in Fargo ND for the Fargo Marathon. I stayed with a girlfriend in the Hilton Garden Inn and can not rave enough about our stay. The hotel could not get any cleaner. The staff from the front end greeters to the Manager on duty were friendly, helpful and wonderful. The food in the restaurant was 5 star and so reasonable. The Hotel welcomed the Marathoners and even provided complimentary mineral drinks, milk ,chocolate milk, water, begals, peanut butter, fruit, coffee/tea, gu's and runner's beans on the day prior to the race and ice packs and advil post run (and much more). The staff acknowledged the runners and congratulated us on competing. Never have I experienced such incredible customer service in a hotel!! I would stay in this hotel on any visit to Fargo and am booking my stay for the 2013 marathon today! GREATEST HOTEL HILTON GARDEN INN FARGO call 701 499 6000- you won't regret it!!

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor- it was GREAT and the drapes pull tight for a very dark room if you need...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Sedi H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
To our guest from Winnipeg,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience during the Fargo Marathon with us and with the TripAdvisor community. We were truly excited to be able to host so many participants in this years race, and we wanted to show our appreciation (and admiration) to all that ran over the weekend.

It was our pleasure to have you with us over the weekend, I am thrilled we were able to deliver a great experience! Congratulations on completing the race, and hopefully we will see you again shortly.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

I'm from Nebraska and have stayed at this hilton a few times in the past. Apparently they have been taken over by new management. The service in the bar/resturant is not how it used to be.the bartender they have now is not what I call service oriented or friendly. I used to enjoy the conversation that Charles the old bartender provided. His service was terrific as well. The front desk also needs attention. The confusion over who checks a guest in is rediculous. Is it the front desk agents or is someone from the sales dept. or housekeeping. It's confusing to me every time I check in. It was that way in the past and still is.
Will look at staying at the Hampton next time.

• Stayed April 2012
To our guest from Nebraska,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with me. I apologize that you did not have a great experience with us. All feedback from our guests helps us improve our services, and I have shared your comments with our team. I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your stay, so that I can get more information, especially regarding your check-in experience. At your convenience, if you wouldn't mind calling me at 701.499.6000 and sharing more of your experience, I would truly be grateful.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us, it is the only way we can serve our guests better.

Regards,

Sedi Halvorson
Princeton, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Spent two nights on business in Fargo at this hotel and I felt like a king. Extremely friendly staff made sure everything was taken care of and was there to answer any questions I had. I had a package delivered to the hotel and it was waiting in my room when I arrived. Hotel is within walking distance of good restaurants and places for bites to eat. Room was clean and smelled fresh. Breakfast has a nice menus and the pancakes are great! Staff at this hotel definitely takes pride in their work and their property. Will definitely return here when business brings me back to Fargo.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Sedi H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
To our guest from Princeton,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community! We truly do have a great team of associates, and I appreciate you taking the time to recognize the work they do everyday! We understand our mission is to provide every guest a great experience, every time, and I am delighted we were able to deliver this to you.

Thank you for your business, we look forward to seeing you again the next time you come to Fargo!

Regards,

Sedi Halvorson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

Attended a wedding over the weekend. Everyone stayed at the hotel and attended the reception at the convention center that is also in the hotel. Dining room was also very nice and the food was good.

Staff was super and extremely friendly. Rooms were very clean as was the entire hotel.

Hotel is centrally located with shopping and restaurants within a mile of hotel. Located just off I-94.

Would recommend to friends and would stay at hotel again if in Fargo.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Sedi H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Fargo, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
J W,

I just wanted to thank you for sharing your feedback with TripAdvisor and with me. I am happy that you enjoyed the wedding reception as well as the rest of our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to post about your experience with us.

If I can be of further service, please contact me at any time!

Thank you again!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Fargo? Share your experiences!