“People are whiners!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 47 Hotels in Fargo
Minneapolis
“People are whiners!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Do not be scared off by the negative reviews. This is a clean, nice hotel. Pool is great for small kids. Hot breakfast was served until almost 10 both days. Staff was friendly. Rooms were super clean. We got a 2 queen suite on 4th floor. Pay the extra 10 dollars for this room. Super big and leaves space for anything you might bring. Never once heard a door slam. Hotel did not smell like pets at all. If I had only one complaint it would be that the shower did not have very good water pressure. Also, yes there is only one elevator that is a bit slow but are you really in that big of a hurry??? I have stayed many places in Fargo and this is right up there with the best. Oh...yes there is a lot of chlorine in the pool and spa but with the amount of little kids in there it serves a purpose. Don't hesitate to stay here.

Stayed March 2014
LaQuinta1, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review. I will pass your comments on to our Maintenance Team to see if there is something that needs to be adjusted with the shower head in the room that you stayed in..... We hope to see you the next time you are in Fargo.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
rhuby72
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

My daughter and I were in Fargo for business and to tour NDSU. We had a room booked at another hotel as that was where my seminar was being held. IT WAS HORRIBLE. I called La Quinta at 9:45pm and Jackie assured me that a room was available and she would hold until we had our other reservation cancelled. We checked in at 10:00pm. Jackie put us in the new section since it was opened after our last stay. The room was CLEAN (the other hotel Best Western Double Wood was FILTHY). Beds were so comfy. It was quiet. I have traveled extensively and the La Quinta is so homey. The amenities for the price is such an amazing value.
Jackie was seriously the biggest sweetheart!! She had recommendations for stuff to do for my daughter while I was at the seminar. She gave us each a bottle of water and a snack upon check-in (she knew it had been a hectic day). We will simply not stay anywhere else when we are in Fargo.
Thank you Jackie!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review. We have shared your nice comments with Jackie and the rest of our team. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are back in town.
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

If you're traveling with a dog, you know that you get charged more and can only get in certain pet friendly rooms. This makes travel to this especially busy area a hassle. We love how La Quinta handles this.

They welcome pets with no fees. None. Nada. Nothing.

Yay!

The only thing that keeps me from rating this four stars is the fact that their cleaning and breakfast staff seem extremely overworked. Not overwhelmed. Overworked. Two woman working the breakfast area means stuff runs out and they can't keep the tables clean. I felt sorry for them and even offered to help. They should not be sweating and look harried. They should have the time to be a calm, friendly, welcoming presence and this is just not possible with the number of guests this hotel accommodates.

The hotel has doubled in size since we were last in the area, but it seems they haven't doubled the staff.

I would call for reservations and specifically ask to be in the newer section. The extremely friendly cleaning person suggested it. She was a joy. But, once again, I felt these gals were overworked. And so, I would guess that things don't get as clean as they could. While I didn't find that to be an issue in our room, it would just seem that this would be the normal course of such management decisions--things will not be maintained well and guests will quit coming.

I would put this on your list to do, asap. Bottom line can't mean you cut corners on staffing.

Breakfast offerings were average. I wish just one chain could step outside the waffles, boiled eggs, etc. Breakfast is cheap. I think it could be better, but not just here.

The TV in our room didn't work upon our arrival. My husband and I and two front desk staff didn't seem to catch the fact that it wasn't plugged in, even though we all looked at the maze of wires on the back and thought it was. The two handymen called in were extremely friendly and figured it out. Kudos to them. We were tired, they fixed it quickly and were pleasant. Added to our welcome.

Coffee and ice bucket in the bathroom is another pet peeve of mine. Ick. While I can see this as a compromise to the great pet policy, simply moving it to the room would be really nice.

Overall a great stay and we would return. Be sure to hit the HoDo downtown for a meal.

Room Tip: Ask for the new section.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments will be evaluated and taken into consideration. We take great pride in the services and ammenities that we offer and are always looking at improving what we offer and how we do things from a procedural stand point. It is feedback such as your that has helped us earn - Hotel of the Year - for the La Quinta Brand. Also, we just won top hotel for Customer Satisfaction (Net Promoter) for the second straight year, something that we are very proud of.

Thank you once again for the positive review and we hope to see you the next time your travels take you to Fargo.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I recently stayed at the La Quinta Inn in Fargo, ND while on business. While it had all of the typical amenities, it also included a few extra perks that are not normally found in a property in this category. This Inn has been recently expanded with a four floor addition that I stayed in. The rooms there had 9' ceilings in them making it appear to be larger than it actually was. The staff were all very friendly, accommodating, and plentiful! What I mean by that is you didn't have to look very far to see people cleaning, helping other guests, etc. There was ALWAYS someone at the front desk to assist you quickly and without any attitude. I used the fitness center there as well which offered a bit of a surprise to me in that they have top of the line Precor equipment in there and not the consumer grade half-working stuff found at most places. When you consider that Internet is always free, the breakfast is the same as most places, free parking close by, it's just overall a good value.

Room Tip: Stay in the new addition if you have a choice. Rooms are nicer there from what I saw.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

My husband and I spent one night here just as a mini, mid-week vacation. We were able to check in around 1:30 with no difficulty. Our room was clean and comfortable. We had a connecting door to the next room and in the evening it was quite easy to hear the people talking in the next room. Fortunately they were not late or loud. That would have been a definite issue. We were happy with the pool area. No strong chemical smells and we found everything to be clean, though we only used the hot tub. The zero entry pool would be an added bonus with children. The breakfast provided was full and well attended to. We had scrambled eggs and sausage as well as all of the cold options such as cereal, muffins, yogurt, fruit. There were a number of restaurants in the area including Chicago Pizza and Famous Dave's in easy walking distance. Shopping of all types is all within 10 minutes. driving. There is an addition nearing completion, which will more or less the double the existing hotel. If there is no expansion to the existing facilities as far as pool and breakfast area, I could see that as real problem. Things will be crowded very quickly.

Room Tip: A room without a connecting door would be quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Fargo? Share your experiences!