“Wont stay again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Arbuckle Lodge

Save Saved
You added Arbuckle Lodge to your Saves list
Arbuckle Lodge
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4325 23rd Avenue South, Fargo, ND 58103 (Formerly Settle Inn & Suites Fargo)   |
Special Price
$10 off King Suite
Ranked #14 of 45 hotels in Fargo
Bismarck, North Dakota, United States
“Wont stay again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

First off id like to say the young lady that worked the front desk on June 20, 2013 needs to be commended. she handled a horrible night with grace. We enjoyed an evening at the pool but after retiring to our beds for the night my wife thought the sheets felt damp, upon pulling back the covers we discovered a pee soaked, and I mean soaked, mattress. The bed had been made right over it. The front desk gal came up to give us a new room key and gaged upon smelling the sheets. We were giving a large, extended stay room which had white food matter smeared on the bathroom door and crumpled, dirty cups in the drawers. I wasnt going to wright a review as they gave us a full refund but the nonchalant attitude of the manager concerning the situation the next morning pretty much took the cake, which is probably still smeared on the door.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ArbuckleLodge, General Manager at Arbuckle Lodge, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about our desk staff. I have passed them on and praised them for it. I want to apologize again for what occurred during your stay. When the staff called me that night, I was MORTIFIED and told them to absolutely refund your night and upgrade you to another room. I did check out the situation myself in the morning and handled the issue with the staff that made up your room. As I said when you checked out, I am so sorry and we will take care of the issue. I am sorry you felt I was being nonchalant, that was not my intention at all. I was very upset and in shock that this could have even happened, that I had no idea as to what to even say, other than we sincerely apologize and would take care of the issue with the staff.

216 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

It doesn't get much better than This in Fargo. Perfect location. Great pool area for kids, good breakfast, quiet night sleep, and great staff. This is our choice when in Fargo, and it should be yours!

• Stayed June 2013
ArbuckleLodge, General Manager at Arbuckle Lodge, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review. We are looking forward to your next visit! We have started a new rewards program for our loyal guests. Feel free to fill out a form and register at our Front Desk on your next stay.
Osseo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Arbuckle Lodge which formally was called the Settle Inn. It is a privately owned motel. Great service, excellent large rooms, continental breakfast is awesome. Pool area is great if you have small children. I have older children so they don't swim as much. The spa was nice. The Lodge is very clean, rooms, hallways, bathrooms. dining area. Rooms have 10 ft ceilings and are large. Cuts out the noise level if their is any. Also allow pets at a nominal fee.

Room Tip: Very friendly staff. We came in late at night without booking a room in advance. They accommodated...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ArbuckleLodge, Manager at Arbuckle Lodge, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Hi SusanG

Thank you so much for your review! We are glad you enjoyed the spacious rooms and the amenities that we offer here at the Arbuckle Lodge. We hope that you are back in the Fargo area that you stay with us again.

Thanks again for the Arbuckle Lodge team.
Boulder, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed at the hotel the nights of May 4-6. Several other reviewers have made points that I agree with. Here's my take:

Wonderful comfortable bed. I think the bedding was nicer than the Embassy Suites that I had visited the night before - high-quality but softer. I slept well.

Free wifi that worked well. It was a tad slow, but I've had worse hotel wifi experiences elsewhere.

Large and well-appointed room. Maybe my room was a different configuration from the reviewer who thought the room was under-decorated. My room was large (two queen beds) but I thought the furnishings were just fine, with a desk, plenty of storage space, and a nice wide bathroom countertop to spread out all my things. The closet contained an iron and ironing board, which I didn't need but it's good to have just in case. A micro-fridge and microwave were also in the room. The room was underlit, as are nearly all hotels I've visited.

Pool. This would be a "plus" to anyone with kids - it looked like a really fun, kid-friendly pool - but unfortunately parents at the hotel were not controlling their feral children, and since we were on the first floor the kids were constantly RUNNING back and forth down the hall to the pool and to wherever else they were going. I really don't fault the hotel for this - I fault the parents of those kids - but if you don't have kids maybe you should ask for a room that's away from the pool.

Home-made bread at breakfast! It's from a bread-maker but I don't care - both the white and the wheat breads were really good. Moist and tasty. Kudos to the staff for thinking to offer that!

I'm pretty picky about my coffee and the reviewer who described the machine was accurate. However, I didn't think the coffee was OK, I didn't think it was worth drinking at all. And speaking of breakfast, it is so odd that they have no scrambled eggs on weekend mornings - only hard-boiled eggs (from Costco?) as a protein. Maybe I'm weird but eating a pre-peeled hard boiled egg just doesn't appeal to me. I had two weekday breakfasts that included scrambled eggs, and they were very good. (They also serve a meat on weekdays, but I'm vegetarian.)

All in all I think the Arbuckle Lodge has the feel of a much nicer hotel than its "pay grade." I would happily stay there again (after making sure I'd be staying in a non-pool-hallway room).

Room Tip: If you have kids, stay near the awesome pool. If not, away, away! :-)
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ArbuckleLodge, General Manager at Arbuckle Lodge, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Arbuckle Lodge Fargo. Your detailed review is very much appreciated. We hope to see you back soon!
Oakes, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed with you on Friday night and can not find one thing that we would do differently. Not only did we love our suite, but we had also reserved the conference room to host a get together for our daughter's college graduation. Everyone that was there and all of the family that spent the night were extremely pleased. The kids had a blast in the pool. The staff was wonderful and the manager-Michelle- was a joy to work with. I would recommend your Lodge to anyone traveling and our Saturday a.m. breakfast was good also.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
First of all, congratulations on your daughter’s graduation! It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to your next visit!
Bismarck
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed at the Arbuckle on a Saturday night recently. We had two queen beds that were very comfortable and the room was a very nice size to move around in. The hotel was very clean and the breakfast they offered was better than most. The pool area was nice if you have little one's but for us a tad small. My only real complaint is the hot tub was just luke warm at best and that is one of our favorite perks while traveling so that was a bit of a let down. They also had express check out which saves you time when checking out in the morning.

Hello Waverunner45

Thank you for choosing our hotel and sharing your experience. We are glad you enjoyed our property and the spacious rooms. We apologize for the temperature of the hot tub, we keep it set to the City of Fargo standards but let us know in the future and maybe we can make an adjustment.

Thanks again for chooses us and we hope to see you soon!
Bismarck, ND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The Arbuckle Lodge in Fargo is a newer hotel. The pool area is great for kids and the hot tub is a nice size for adults. Breakfast was good with biscuits, gravy, omelets, sausage, fruit, cereal, and various other things. They had sloppy joes with chips at 5:30. The sloppy joes were a nice surprise after traveling and not being quite ready to go out to eat. I don't know if the evening snack is standard, but was a nice bonus the evening we arrived. The rooms are spacious (we were upgraded to a King Suite) and bed was comfy. We were there on a weekday so there were not many kids, not sure if it would be noisy on a weekend. There was a neat welcome card on the bed (preprinted), but the words went beyond what you normally see at a hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was great to have you here. Our guest reception is usually held every Monday through Thursday at around 5:30 pm. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. We hope to see you back soon!

Been to Arbuckle Lodge? Share your experiences!