We stayed at the hotel Friday to Sunday. Our first impression was that the hotel was tidy and the staff was friendly. The rooms are large and clean but don't really have all that much in them. It was like they ran out of money for furnishings...we had a standard room with a king bed so I was expecting that it might have a sitting area or table but it had niether just an arm chair and desk with a very cheap desk chair. The fridge is very small but was helpful for keeping beverages cold...it wouldn't fit much more. Given that the hotel sells itself as a bit more upscale I was expected more out of the room....the high ceilings were nice but in a largely empty room all they did was provide for a nice echo.
The "deluxe" breakfast is nothing special. On the weekends the only warm items are biscuits and gravy and waffles. The gravy was pretty cold both mornings and the biscuits weren't that good even for free hotel food. The other items are your standard continental breakfast foods. I am not sure how they come up with the 30 items they claim on thier website. The so-called "fresh" coffee is not really "coffee" but a concentrated syrup type drink that is dispensed from a soda type machine that mixes it with hot water...I've tasted worse so for hotel coffee it was not bad. However one morning I witnessed the staff changing the concentrated stuff in the machine and it was dispensing decaf from both spouts!
The worst part of the stay was the noise level in the hotel. Their were kids running up and down the halls at all hours of the day. The poor construction of the hotel means that your hear everything in the hall and footsteps from the room above were very noisy. There were kids running around at 2:30 AM followed by door knocking and then a women scolding voice. Combined with the noise from the ice machine we didn't get a good nights sleep. The pool was nice but was too busy to take small children.
Finally the parking was not adequate. After leaving for diner and coming back the lot was full both nights...we were able to find parking since someone was leaving at the same time but others had to park on the street or wherever they could cram their vehicle.
Overall I would say that given the price of the rooms the value is very poor.
- Also Known As:
- Settle Inn & Suites Fargo Hotel
- Settle Inn & Suites Fargo Hotel Fargo
- Settle Inn And Suites Fargo
- Settle Hotel Fargo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arbuckle Lodge is a hotel inspired by Western design and excellence in hospitality. Deluxe amenities and spectacular rooms and suites welcome guests to an experience that will make their stay magnificent. Complimentary daily hot breakfast, wireless & wired internet, indoor pool with waterslide, mushroom and geysers, hot tub and fitness center will have you feeling at home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Loews Hotels, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Arbuckle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.