“Good for Price you pay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Vista Inn & Suites

You added Vista Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Vista Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1340 South 21st Avenue, Fargo, ND 58103 (Formerly Prairie Rose Inn)   |
Ranked #45 of 47 Hotels in Fargo
Steinbach, Canada
“Good for Price you pay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I was a bit hesitant about arriving here after reading some of the reviews. I had booked online and paid 60 bucks a night. We booked a king, non smoking. When we arrived, there were alot of people here for the casino and the parking lot was full in the front with smokers loitering right by the door. We checked in and everything went smoothly and got settled into our room. The room was clean and tidy, (apparently others who stayed the same time we did werent as fortunate).

Pool and Hot tub was great! And when we returned from our outings, the room was cleaned. But it seemed like they didnt have a check list as to what to all clean. We didnt get as many clean towels and some of the smaller hand towels still looked dirty, We did not get replenished on shampoo, so it was a good thing we had brought some extra from home.

The Continental Breakfast was ok. You get what they give (2 pancakes and 2 sausage links). It was good, but I would have preferred more. And they forgot my drink... so I had to chew slowly as to make sure I didnt have trouble with my food.

All in all, it was a good stay. Not bad for the price I paid, and we wont be coming home with any bed begs :p

Room Tip: From what I heard, the King size bed rooms seemed to have the best luck with being clean... the doub...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011 via mobile

We have stayed here 4 times in the last year. We've never had a bad stay yet. Yes it's not high end but we always book online through Travelocity or similar websites
At a price of about 58.00 a night. That includes a breakfast if you want it. You do get what they serve but a lot of hotels give you nothing. The rooms are always clean and most rooms have flat panel tv's. There is a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker in every room. The rooms usually smell like they sprinkled carpet fresh when vacuuming but once you start up the AC it all evens out. The bar has 2 for 1 drinks from noon until 9:00. It's 5 minutes from the shopping strip and the pool is large. Hot tub is nice although this time the jets were down for maintenance. Hopefully this will be fixed WHEN WE RETURN. Hey what do you want for 60 bucks? I could pay 100.00 and it would be a little fancier but We come to shop and use the pool area. It suits our needs fine and nothing has ever been broken. Never have we seen any bugs and there are lots of restaurants nearby if you don't like the breakfast. The staff are fine, not great but not rude. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011 via mobile

I fell in love with this place the second I checked in. I'm so surprised at how great and hard working the staff was. I was just on a little get away with my kids. It was perfect for the price. The pool area was great. I will for sure stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011
Winnipeg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

I booked this Hotel(more like a motel) in a hurry and didn't do any research until after. After reading some reviews(most of them bad) i was nervous! Upon arrival the front desk clerk was friendly we got our room and It was very clean. We turned on the bathroom right and the power went out......so we phoned and they gave us a new room. This room was also very clean so far so good. Upon stepping out for something to eat we noticed they don't lock their exit doors to the motel and the parking lot was very dark. Not a great feeling with small kids. The beds were awful and we tossed and turned all night. If you like sleeping in a canoe this is the place for you. But in the morning they offer a hot breakfast in their so called resturant........One word to decribe this would be brutal!!! The gentleman that was serving either hates his job or people cause he was rude and did not have a care in the world. The table next to me mentioned the breakfast looked like it was from yesterday and by the way their was no choice you got what they were serving. Upon watching the server grumble at people and mope around we decided to go the Golden Arches fro breakfast, but on our way back our room our son got a piece of glass stuck in foot walking down the hallway. Our fault I guess, he was only wearing socks. But hey...you get what you pay for!

Room Tip: sleep in your car
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Shakopee, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

We were in town for a for only one night, so we did not need anything fancy. The location of this hotel was convenient so we gave it a go.
We we arrived the desk clerk was very friendly so we were encouraged. But when we arrived at our room we were met by a very unpleasant odor. It was not overpowering but just annoying. Upon waking the next morning, I had to make a bug sweep in the bathroom before the wife woke up. Killing spiders and silverfish.
The shower looked very old but worked fine.
We went to the restaurant for our "free" breakfast. Upon our arrival many of the open tables were dirty, so we sat in the back of the room. Three groups of people came in after up, some in bare feet. When the only server finally appeared he decided it would be best to serve the late arriving first. At this point we did not feel it was worth it to remain.
Upon checkout, we mentioned to the clerk at the front desk about the smell in our room. To which he stated "Really? I thought they fixed that? They have been working on it for quite a while".
After hearing this, I can't believe that they would continue to rent this room, when they have this unexplained odor.
All this being said, I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2011
minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

I requested non smoking, main floor near pool if poss. I was given a foul smoke smelling room with an outdoor entrance onto a darkened courtyard. 20 feet of ice to try and get through on the sidewalk to my room door. I also would have had to go outside & around the building to go back in main entrance to go to the pool. I was a lone woman traveling, (which they knew) and I was told by the front desk clerk & manager to go elsewhere if I didn't want the room. I wish I had heeded the warnings & reviews on the different sites, but I thought I would give them a chance. Never again will I make that mistake!! I checked out and went elsewhere and was accomodated wonderfully and for almost the same price by another great hotel by the name of Sleep Inn.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Edgeley, North Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

We stayed at this motel because it is close to a hospital. I was with my mom and my 90 year old grandmother. When we checked in we had noted that someone had left the soup in the refrigerator but thought oh someone forgot to check. During the night the heater started to rattle and I had to get up and touch it to make it stop vibrating. It was very loud with many people entering/leaving the hotel sometime after 2:00 am. The next morning I was in the shower when I noted hair--that didn't belong to anyone in my family--along the back wall. Then I started really looking around...the vent in the bathroom was black with dirt. The back of the door to the bathroom was full of junk. The rim around the sink of the bathroom had old dirt..that was there for a long time. The blow dryer was full of dirt in the back and to top it off after we start talking about this, my grandma mentioned that she had thought someone else had been sleeping in her bed. We then went down for our free breakfast and were not given any choices...just told this is what they serve. We had powdered eggs, pink (gross) sausages and potatoes that were supposed to be hashbrowns but were more like cardboard. I did complain to the manager and he assured me that if I would have told him--when I am naked in the shower--they would have given me another room to shower in. This is more like a 30 dollar hotel..not a 85.00 hotel...I would not recommend this to anyone. Also they have signs that save they serve food but restaurant is open from 6-9 in the morning only.

• Stayed January 2011

Been to Vista Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!