“perfectly fine” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 45 hotels in Fargo
nitsuj22
“perfectly fine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2009

The hotel is a typical fairfield property. Nothing exciting, nothing bad. Right off the highway, and only about 10 minutes drive to downtown. If you can get it for under $100, it is a good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
London, Ont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

Rooms were small and the bathroom wasn't clean. There's a small pool that looks good for kids, we were put in a room on the main floor and could hear and smell the pool the whole time. There is an adult-only pool hour at 10pm-11pm which is nice. No gym though. The continental breakfast was the worst, no fruit, it consisted of waffles and donuts, the only yogurt was "Trix" yogurt which is neon colored and they didn't refresh the coffee fast enough to actually get a cup.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
FargoFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this review, August 18, 2009
I would like to thank you all for the feedback on our hotel. We value all feedback from our guests and utilize it to evaluate what we are doing right and what can be done to improve each stay for all our guests. We are always open to suggestions as we continuously look for ways to improve our guests’ experiences at our hotel. We desire to address any situation immediately in hopes that you will look to us again in the future when booking a room in Fargo.
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

We stayed here one night using 7,500 Marriott Rewards Points. We were in town for a wedding.

Check in was a bit slow. There was only one woman running the desk and the phone was also ringing all the time. But, once we got to our turn to check in, it went very smoothly.

Room was good. Nothing special, but better than I thought it was going to be. We had a 2 Queen room up on the 3rd floor. The bathroom was nice and big. Bed was comfortable. TV was a flat screen. We did not make it down to the pool. My husband brought me a waffle from the breakfast in the morning.

The hotel is in a great location - close to both 29 and 94 and to West Acres.

Would we stay here again? Hmm.... We did stay at the Courtyard in Moorhead a week after this stay and found that we did like them better. But, they are also a bit more spendy. If you can afford it, stay at the Courtyard in Moorhead. Otherwise, this is a nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2009

Very clean! Friendly staff. Nice rooms and decent breakfast.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Valley City, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

The only reason I stayed here was the close proximity to Cinema 10. I was at the movie theater to see Anna Netrebko sing Lucia. There is a Comfort Inn across the street and closer to the Cinema and it has a pool. I forgot my swimming suit so I had to walk to Target to get one. The pool was not the largest swimming hole, but big enough for ki ds who were not doing laps. I know it was not olympic size. The hot tub could have also been larger. I could not see a bathroom. The room itself was poorly laid out. You had a good chance of running into an easy chair when exiting the left side of the bed. One of the lamps I could not turn on and I did not ask for help because I should not have to. The window had no curtains that you could close. I like the flat screen TV and the radio. The radio did not turn on in the morning like many do in other hotels. There was a ergonomic desk chair and a nice desk with no drawer. The soap was encased in plastic that I had to bite to get off. There was a girl's hockey tournament and some of the more wild girls were staying at the Fairfield Inn. I was able to hear them from inside my room. They did not keep me from falling asleep because by that time they were tired out. The breakfast was done in the lobby like an afterthought. They added the breakfast room to the lobby. Almost everything in this hotel was not designed and planned very well. I would stay there again, but next time I attend the opera I will be at the Comfort Inn. Another example of poor planning is the lack of a restaurant.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo
Vancouver, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

Nothing exciting but clean and comfortable beds for a family of three. Breakfast which is included was standard for these types of hotels. No restaurant.
We went into downtown Fargo (the Fairfield is on the interstate) for dinner at the Donaldson Hotel which at least in their restaurant was overly ambitious.
Nothing exciting but predictable, safe and clean

• Liked — Beds
  • Disliked — By the interstate
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

This hotel was clean. The mattress was comfy and there were more than enough cushy pillows (both feather and cotton) to go around. The decor was tasteful and not in need of updating. The builders did an excellent job with soundproofing. I noticed a tremendous difference in the noise level when our door was ajar as opposed to being closed. There was a nice variety of food at breakfast and the desk staff was helpful in locating attractions we wished to see. The elevator was handy for hauling luggage. If you want a quiet room, request one on the back side. There is an empty field behind the hotel instead of a parking lot or noisy street. The location is terrific. The hotel is located near, but not on the main shopping strip. It is also in close proximity to I-29.

We did not try the pool or jacuzzi, so can't report on those.

There were two things we didn't like. First, there are only six tables in the breakfast area. People would get up from breakfast rather than linger so others could have their tables. We had to wait for an available table as we have young children and didn't want to risk spilling on the lobby sofas. The second problem was the bathroom. I think they sacrificed bathroom space in order to make the room larger. I fell backwards against the toilet trying to get the door open. There is room for only ONE person to stand in the bathroom. The door must be completely closed in order to use the toilet. The vanity is large, but much of it is inaccessible because the toilet is in the way. The sink is in the same room as the toilet and shower, so that doesn't help the situation, either. Forget putting a chair in the bathroom and trying to read after the kids go to sleep. There is no room. We had a king room with pullout sofa. There were a lot of "dead" spaces in the room which they could have used to expand the bathroom. I'm not sure if the rooms with two queen beds had such small bathrooms.

Overall, our experience was OK.

Stayed August 2008

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Fargo? Share your experiences!