“Great staff, nice facility” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #27 of 45 hotels in Fargo
Rocky Hill, Connecticut
“Great staff, nice facility”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Room was comfortable, staff here was friendly and capable. Inside pool was nice to use. Only 3 stories, not a large building. Easy to find off the highway, just a few miles N from I-90. Near a large mall that had lots of restaurants. Breakfast was average, but filling. Air conditioning too close to the bed, this is common. Noise is not avoidable. Very clean room.

Room Tip: Rooms to the East quietest, as there is a huge field next to hotel, undeveloped.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The only complaint I would raise about this hotel, and Marriott in general, is there is an abundance of feather pillows and a scarcity of foam ones. I personally have allergies to feathers and find the whole idea of having them in my pillow a bit unsanitary.
Ok. Another issue: the AC is set on 65 and I'm still burning up. I suspect it's about 75 in here.

• Stayed August 2013
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Don_PatricioTexas,
Thank you for the review of your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn Fargo. I do apologize about your pillows. We do keep extra foam pillows at the front desk and are more than happy to bring them to you if you need. In fact if you tell us before hand we can make sure that all of your feather pillows are switched with foam ones before your arrival. I do hope that you will keep this in mind if you are in the Fargo area again. We look forward to your return visit.

Lorri D
Jordan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Our experience at this hotel was terrible. We often travel to the Fargo area for shopping and events, and chose this Fairfield over our usual Courtyard for a change since it was closer to shopping. A big mistake that we won't be making again!!

When we first arrived in our room, there was a slight odor. Nothing too major - we could deal with that. Before bed, I went to put a bottle of water in the fridge for the night only to find someone's leftover takeout food sitting in the fridge - hence the source of the smell.

The air conditioner sounded like a diesel engine was running in our room - and that was without the compressor actually being on. The AC unit was ancient (see attached photo). I woke up a couple times baking, and had to get up to reset the AC so it would run again.

The mattress was very old. The springs had been long since worn out. We both kind of sank into the middle of the bed, despite all efforts not to do so. This also caused the sheets of the bed to come undone, exposing the bare mattress. We had to both get out of bed throughout the night to re-make the bed so the bottom sheet was actually covering the mattress. In the morning, we noticed the lovely condition of the mattress (see attached photo) and were disgusted that we had been sleeping with that against our bare skin.

I am normally not one to brag or be a snob about airline / hotel status, but I am a Marriott Gold Elite member. This was acknowledged by the person checking us in. One of the perks of this status is that I should receive a "Complimentary Room Upgrade, based on room availability at check-in". Our room was a queen, next to the elevator. After checking in, I looked at the Marriott website, and I was able to book 3 King studio suites. Thanks for the upgrade...

I woke up tired, hot, cranky, and disgusted by the gross mattress I had been sleeping on. Pretty much ruined the trip for me. Never again, Fairfield Fargo!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
FargoFFS_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank you for your review of our hotel. Without your valuable feedback we wouldn't know where our weaknesses lie and what we need to do to fix them. I am truly sorry that you had a negative experience while staying with us. We pride ourselves on guest satisfaction and we failed to meet your expectations. I want to assure you that I have addressed every concern that you mentioned. The A/C unit has since been replaced and the mattress has been fixed. I have also talked to my housekeeping staff regarding the dirty fridge. I'm very happy that we were able to be in contact and get everything sorted out. I do invite you back to the Fargo Fairfield Inn and Suites the next time you are in the area so that we can show you what we have done to improve our service.

Lorri D
Manitoba
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night. Not terrible, pretty average. A few down points - I found the bed quite uncomfortable, sagging and poor support. No firm pillows. Lastly the A/C unit was poor, noisy and no way to set the temperature, you can only set hot or cool and then turn a dial for more or less. Clean though and otherwise quiet.

It's on the better end of cheap motel. I've previously stayed at wingate in Fargo which was really nice, and comparable price. If paying standard rates I would easily take Wingate, but this was a Priceline win at $50 so the price was right and good value at that price.

• Stayed June 2013
FargoFFS_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I would like to thank you for your kind words and feedback from your recent stay at the Fargo Fairfield Inn & Suites. I would like to personally apologize that your stay with us was less than perfect. Guest satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us and we are always looking for ways to improve. We hope that in the future if you are in the area you would give the Fargo Fairfield Inn & Suites another try. Sincerely, Lorri Dodd General Manager
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was a very good experience.
I'm not a real fan of this chane but this hotel could change my mind.
Very updated, clean, confortable; breackfast very good and people very nice.
They are taking a very good care of this facility, from the TV in the room to the counter in the bathroom, from the lobby to the floors....all very nice ... well done

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
washington dc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Overall I had a good stay at Fairfield. Room was huge and it came with two queen size beds. I thought this hotel would be good if you have a big group.

Gym has a few equipment but all were quite new. Good size swimming pool and hot tub that's mostly empty.

Front desk people were very friendly. There are cookies at the lobby but no other evening snack.
Breakfast was similar to what you get at other hotels. I didn't like oatmeal at all. I don't know what it is but it tastes strange.

I wished there was a refrigerator like most other similar type hotels.

There is mexican restaurant and movie theater right next to the hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
FargoFFS_GM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Fargo, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
I want to thank you for your feedback from your recent stay with us at the Fargo Fairfield Inn & Suites. Thank you for your kind words about our rooms, amenities and staff. I want to assure you we value all our guest feedback with the utmost importance as we are always striving to give the best customer service we can. I apologize the oatmeal was not to your liking and I assure you we are looking into ways we can improve that. We hope with our continued efforts to improve every stay for our guest, you will give the Fargo Fairfield Inn & Suites another try next time you stay in the area.
Lorri Dodd
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 night (5/13-5/16) for a business trip. I had never stayed at a Fairfield, as I normally stay at Courtyard or Residence Inn. I was pleasantly surprised. Rooms were remodeled (newer furniture and decor) compared to some properties. The couch in the room was actually soft! Most rooms i get that have a couch are usually very, very hard. So hard i dont sit on them. This one was comfortable. I even sat on it through out my stay working on my iPad. I liked the sitting chair with the table that moves around. Worked perfectly for my laptop. The room had plenty of outlets for all my electronic charging devices. Believe it or not, some hotels still do not have enought outlets. The dimmer switch for the lights above the bed and above the entertainment center was a nice touch and kind on my eyes. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was always clean. I did think the bathroom wa quite small but this did not cause any issues. The coffee maker was very clean (I always check the coffee maker in the room as it tells me how thorough the cleaning staff is). The staff was very nice, always saying hello and always asking if there was anything they could do to help me. Breakfast was as expected, fresh, hot, always at least 2 employees checking the food, bringing out more, and always asking if there was anything they could do for me. I read another review about a smell.....my room had the same and I figured out it was the new shower curtain. So it was a plastic/rubber smell. I was fine with it once I realized what it was. It told me that they replace items when needed. And I would rather have the smell of a new shower curtain then, well, an old one :-).
Parking lot looked and felt safe. Mall/shopping was very close ase well as many food choices.
I stay in hotels 3 weeks out of each month for business and I highly recommend this property.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Fargo? Share your experiences!